Question About Cars

B_FruitFly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I bought new wheels today and they didn't have one of the parts, so i gotta go get the part(s), but i forgot what it was called. He said it prevented squeaking or shaking or something like that, can't remember. Anyone know whet they usually put on new wheels when they install them?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Phone the fucker back and ask him - how the fuck do you expect us to guess from that description?! And really - would you rather the advice from a bunch of ass-hats on a big cock website or would you rather PHONE THE FUCKING GUY AND ASK HIM TO TELL YOU AGAIN WHAT YOU NEED?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
No, not at all.

This is normal operational mode for me. :smile:

How are you?

EDIT: By the way - the only thing that springs to mind from your description is wheel bearings - but would they even fit new wheels without those parts? Seems odd to me. I feel I must be wrong.

Last edited:

CurvyClaire

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Lovely.... Right answer from a girl..... Lovely....

Guys what should we do without them...

I believe the answer was commensurate with relation to the simplicity of the question. If you buy new wheels they are a pretty simple machine, they are just round. As they have no moving parts they would be machined round and should be a balanced item. When you add a tyre into the equation though you'll lose that perfect set up so hence the wheels would need to be balanced.

From the symptom given, what other logical answer would you arrive at?

M

Mr Ed in Mass

Centric rings,silly me,I thought they were called thingamajigs

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There called hub centric rings. Thanx for the input.

Sat in bed until i could remember what they were lol

Oh, yeah, I know what those are. Is he getting plastic or metal rings? I had some rings that were supposedly plastic with a Kevlar core (I never cut them open to be sure) and were supposed to withstand heat better. That way they wouldn't melt and deform like plain plastic rings were said to do.

After I changed hubs, I got some aluminum rings. They worked fine, especially if I put some anti-seize on them where they met the hub. I'm trying to remember where I got them from -- maybe discounttiredirect.com , but I'm not sure.

Ah, yup, I remembered right:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/accessories/tmpAccessoriesWheels.jsp

They should have a database of wheel centerbore sizes and hubs. They'll also get you whichever size you need if you know the sizes and ask.

Last edited: