question about circumsion

Peter Wood

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
At the age of 11 or 12 I felt terrible because I was "differend". My glans was always uncouvered. Boys looked at me in the lockerroom of the swimmingpool or the gym. Besides that I had the biggest penis of all and at that time I had grown already a lot of pubes. I felt very uncomfortable. The other boys had tiny cocks and no pubes at all. They thought that I was always horny because of the looks of my tool. Curious about it I found out that some men had circumcision. Mostly because of religion or for medical reasons. What about me? There was no reason to be cut. Finally I asked a medical doctor and he examined my penis and concluded that I had no circumcision but the frenulum was stretched out. In combination with a short foreskin and a rather big glans it caused that special looks. Are there more lpsg-members with an strechted frenulum?
I wished I would have known that as a younger boy. It made me feel uncertain for many years. Allthough we are very openminded in our family nowadays, I wouldn't have thought of asking my father or one of my uncles. In the early 60's we were not so open. Yes, I live in Holland, but dutch people can also be very narrowminded!
Having your penis cut or not is not so important I think. It is how you feel about it. Do you know why your parents made a decision that makes you differend from other men. Many uncut men have never seen a circumcised penis in reality. If you live in a society where most men are uncut it is not pretty they look at you as if you're from another planet. I wasn't cut but looked like one and had to wait years before I found out why.
Fortunatly it did never effect my sexlife. My glans is very sensitive although it's always uncouvered and ... I still have my foreskin which is important for me when masturbating.
Showering together with my fellow-workers (after having had some work-outs at the gym of our office) there is no reason to feel uncertain. We are a mixed group of cut and uncut men. The ones that are cut are mostly from Turkey or Marocco. Because of the dark hairs all over my body and a penis that looks circumcised I was once asked if I was Jewish. That was another dicouvery: the way your penis looks is also a reason to be labeled. I have learned to talk about nudity. Finally there is no reason to feel uncertain about your male tools. It's big or small, long or short, circumcised or uncut, natural, shaved or trimed; big or small balls; hanging high or low. It seems persons always want the opposit.

dikkiedik

chicagoil

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In response to the original question, posted by dmcrun, I'm wondering the same thing regarding circumcision rates in Canada. I'm an American living in Europe, and in the last couple months, I've met a handful of guys here who are my age or younger (20s to early 30s) and who all seem to be from Toronto. I saw one of them naked once and assumed right away that he was European because he was uncut, but only discovered later that he was from Toronto. When I asked him how he managed to stay uncut, he said, "Actually, circumcision isn't very common in Canada." I was very surprised. Here I was - wrong again in assuming something very much American is so similar or identical in Canada.

As I continued to meet a few other guys from Toronto, two of whom are probably around 22, I wondered the same about them. They appear very American (and sound like it too), but what is the likelihood they are uncut?

I'm sure there are some guys from Canada on this board who can give some anecdotal evidence of the cut/uncut rates in their part of Canada. I'm especially interested in guys from Toronto who are in the 20-30 year-old range. How likely is a guy from that city and that age to be cut or uncut?

Xin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Personally, I am uncut, and would neither like to be cut nor would allow a son of mine to be cut unless health reasons dictated so. To the best of my knowledge, all my non-Muslim friends are also uncut - bar one, whose foreskin had not grown properly and so gave him extreme pain as an infant. But I digress.
I have read around various sites concerning penis size and health in the past few days, and have found this page, containing some interesting information and statistics. That should help answer the original question.

Scott537

Experimental Member
Media
AMEN ! :)

quote=prepstudinsc,Aug 11 2004, 09:56 PM]
Well, I'm cut, not very tightly, though, I still have my frenulum, and I've had no problems. I don't know what it's like to have my foreskin, I don't have any nicks, no skin bridges or anything, so I have had no problems with being cut. As far as I know, it's great being cut and I personally like it.
[post=252055]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

hungthick

Experimental Member
Media
Personally, i like the look of a cut cock when soft.

I like looking at an uncut cock when hard with the skin barely over the head.

Being cut or uncut THANK GOSH is not one of those things I anguish over ...i am happy i got what i got (it could be 2 inches bigger though)

ruscular: I had read thru this, and what a long thread this has become. I was born in Michigan and my parents elect to not have their son's circumsize. I turn 23 and lost my virginity and realize that my penis wasn't fucttioning as well as I like with a woman. The foreskin didn't grow properly and cause it to tug real hard to one side when inserted in the woman. So at 23 I had circumcision perform to correct the situation.

My doctor is jewish, and I am a typical white american with both parents with a college degree. I think my doctor did a good job taking a little of the top, and nothing off the side.

I would have to say that experiencing both at an adult age, I would have prefer to keep the foreskin intact. The gland were more heighten in sensitivity and I could run with them and not rub them raw in the shorts. I used to run 10 miles a day, and doing the same now is rougher. Being pretty wide in the girth, I would think the extra skin would of made the ladies less sore after sex.

Having it done so late is not as easy when you have them younger. The stitches would break almost everytime I get a hard-on and it would shoot buckets of blood down my leg in the bed, by the kitchen, in the shower. It was worse then a constant nosebleed. So I carried stack of fat nude naked women playing card from a adult gift shop. So everytime I was getting the urg, I would look at the card and try to repulse my little pecker.

If anyone have any more question? I'll be glad to answer!

xxlcockboy13: We just had my son cut. the doc tht did the procedure is a very good friend of mine(he is deploying with mein a few months). I spoke with him about the procedure and he let me assist in it.(now everyone thinks that im crazy) he used epi to do a nerve block before we started te process. my son felt no pain at all! i asked the doc if he did that with all of his circs and he said yes he is very serious about that kind of process and wants to make sure that he has done a good job.by the was i know the doc because we are both in the army and yes i am a medic so i know what i a talking about. also if you are wondering i am cut. and we cut my son for 2 reasons 1. to be like me and 2 for a religonquote=KinkGuy,Aug 14 2004, 12:54 AM]
While I agree that it's not something that should be done to someone who can't decide it for himself, it doesn't bother me that I'm cut.  Occasionally I wonder what it's like to be uncut, but I'm not bothered by it.  And I think guys who go out of their way to restore their foreskin are obsessing over it too much.
I personally, resent the hell out of the fact that I was cut. I've never had skin covering my glans as God intended, so I can't offer any intellectual comparison, but mountains of data support the fact that circumcised men has significantly less feeling in their penis. Infants have no decision in the matter and the pain, barbarism and narrow minded attitudes combined with the lack of information most parents have (or have bothered to research) is what pisses me off. There is no medical basis for the butchering of baby boys. Other than for religious reasons which I acknowledge, this hideous practice really should be halted. Just watch a video of a circumcision and you will grab your crotch and cringe in terror. It is horrible and done without anesthetic of any kind. Whow, climbing down off soapbox now and offering apologies to membership. :mellow:
[post=252320]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by xxlcockboy13@Sep 17 2004, 01:39 AM
... we cut my son for 2 reasons 1. to be like me and 2 for a religion

If you had one eye, would you have one of your son's removed, to be like you?

How old is your son?

If he is older than a few days, then I assume that religion is Islam?

xxlcockboy13: we did the circ within 24 hours of him being born.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by xxlcockboy13@Sep 16 2004, 05:39 PM
to be like me
[post=256308]Quoted post[/post]​
If you go around with your dick hanging out all the time, your son will be spending a lot of time with the psychotherapist. LOL

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Mr._dB+Sep 17 2004, 06:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr._dB &#064; Sep 17 2004, 06:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-xxlcockboy13@Sep 17 2004, 01:39 AM

If you had one eye, would you have one of your son&#39;s removed, to be like you?

How old is your son?

[post=256334]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Although I&#39;m unc (intact), we had our son cut because at the time it was "the thing to do". If I had it to do over again, I would read up on the subject and know how to intelligently make a choice, rather than doing what others were doing at the time and what the AMA was suggesting. I understand where you&#39;re coming from, when you list "1. to be like me", Mr._dB. I don&#39;t see whether or not we go around with our dicks showing makes any difference with the desire to have son like father. But, that&#39;s just me&#33;

Luke

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Mr._dB+Sep 17 2004, 06:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr._dB &#064; Sep 17 2004, 06:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-xxlcockboy13@Sep 17 2004, 01:39 AM

If you had one eye, would you have one of your son&#39;s removed, to be like you?

How old is your son?

[post=256334]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Sorry, Mr._db, that should have been xxlcockboy in my previous post. :wub:

bigsam

Just Browsing
Media
As a proud Jew...I&#39;ve never even really questioned being circumcised. It actually seemed as natural to me as anything else...even having discussed the difference with uncircumcised friends. Supposedly there is a decrease in sensitivity...but I can&#39;t say I think thats a bad thing because I still really enjoy sex...and it probably gives me a healthy dose of the stamina that I do have.

Whether you believe in any sort of religious implications or not...there are some interesting bits of research that point to some kind of connection. According to ritual jewish circumcisions are to be performed at 8 days after birth. Research shows that this point in time is the point where there is the least bleeding and pain for newborns.

Another recent bit of research showed that in addition to any health benefits for the circumcised male...they have discovered that (in one survey) women who were married to uncircumcised men were 3 times more likely to develop cervical cancer or conditions leading to hysterectomies.

Food for thought?

P.S. Reading through the old comments...JonB I LOVED the shellfish comment

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
As the old joke goes, the world&#39;s correlated at .3 The study itself says, and I quote, "Little is known about the mechanisms by which removal of the foreskin may protect against HPV infection." And my age has something to do with the relative distance between galaxies. I don&#39;t understand the mechanism, but the correlation&#39;s perfect. Another argument was that keratinization might help prevent HIV. Yet a circumcised penis is also drier and therefore more likely to abrade. Needless to say, abrasion is what HIV loves; it doesn&#39;t have much use for unbroken epithelial tissues, though.