Question about exercise and desire

newcastle

Sexy Member
Media
My wife has recently started a weight lifting and cardio program that is designed to help her lose about 40 pounds. (Her weight just crept up on her over the last few years, which has actually been fine with me - I still think she's hot.) Anyway, her desire for sex has waned significantly - I think that the two are related, she certainly doesn't feel as sexy as she used to.

My question to the ladies is this, does exercise increase sexual appetite?

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think I have a stronger sexual appetite when I've been exercising regularly than when I haven't. It has to be good for your body, getting the blood pumping and moving the muscles...I believe it increases the effectiveness of your circulation as well as the sensitivity of your nerve endings.

I have also noticed that the times I have gained weight, I didn't want to have sex as much just because I was insecure about my body and didn't feel sexy. As I lost weight, and my confidence increased, so did my interest in sex.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think I have a stronger sexual appetite when I've been exercising regularly than when I haven't. It has to be good for your body, getting the blood pumping and moving the muscles...I believe it increases the effectiveness of your circulation as well as the sensitivity of your nerve endings.

I have also noticed that the times I have gained weight, I didn't want to have sex as much just because I was insecure about my body and didn't feel sexy. As I lost weight, and my confidence increased, so did my interest in sex.

I agree with all of this. The last paragraph is very true for me. The less comfortable I am with my body the less comfortable I am with sex. It's extremely hard just to enjoy the moment if all I can think about is "does my belly look fat?"

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a fitness nut, and I have a very healthy sex appetite. However, right after a workout I'm 50-50. Sometimes I want to jump his bones, sometimes it's the last thing I'm thinking about. Dunno why.

Now, during a workout don't approach me because I'm pretty driven and I've got my mind set on what I'm doing. I used to go to this gym where I'd get hit on quite a bit. So I switched to an all-women's gym, but they didn't have all the equipment I wanted. I love my gym now, and people behave for the most part.

But even my husband knows better than to disturb my workout. He knows he'll have to wait and see which way I feel. If I go in the evening I'll come home without showering and head to the spa. That's usually his sign! LOL! Well, when he's home, that is.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey there, Gainesville. I graduated UF in '95 and again in '97.

Go Gators!!

Oh good gosh! I'm not from Gainesville, just happen to live here. You can't swing a broom without hitting something blue and gold! Everything's Gator this, Gator that! I told Cap the other night, I want to eat somewhere that has nothing to do with Gators. We went to Jacksonville! LOL!

Just teasing. Glad you like your alma mater. Seems to be a nice school.

Hook 'em! I'm from Austin.

newcastle

Sexy Member
Media
Jacksonville isn't much better, that Orange and Blue is everywhere in north Florida, huh?

I used to basically live at what was called the Purple Porpoise and its little brother, the Lavender Mullet. Oh how I miss those days . . .

Anyway, I love me some Gators! Football season is almost here!!!