QUESTION ABOUT % GAY to Straight

JoeNeckbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In this forum you have a choice about being 100% gay or 100% straight or anywhere inbetween. Specifically what does it mean to be , for example to be 40% GAY AND 60% straight and what is the difference between THAT and 20%GAY and 80%STRAIGHT and so on? How would you jump 20 percentage points? What is the criteria? Is there a rule or standard for determining this or is a subjective choice with no guidelines? I would like to hear how forum members arrived at their chosen mixed percentages?????:confused:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think such a thing as 100% gay or 100% straight exists for anyone.

This 1% gay or 1% straight is preposterous too in my opinion.

I fucking resent the percentage thing in the first place and wish it would be removed from the profile aspect of this board.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would rather be 100 percent gay. I like men sexually. Sorry that some guys and women have a problem with that. (Hey, I don't pick your dates out and tell you who you should fuck. Hehehehe.):smile:

gordonuk

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stronzo said:
I don't think such a thing as 100% gay or 100% straight exists for anyone.

This 1% gay or 1% straight is preposterous too in my opinion.

I fucking resent the percentage thing in the first place and wish it would be removed from the profile aspect of this board.

How can you say 100% gay does not exist?, I am 100% gay, the reason I am is I am not attracted to females in any way shape or form, the thought of sex and a female makes me sick. I like guys therefore I am 100% gay.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This percentage thing, meaning labelling is not so much to my liking as well.
I mean yes, in terms of sex, I am 100% gay and have never dated a woman and have no desire to date a woman. I love men, strong, masculine men and love having sex with them. Yet, if a beautiful woman comes I along I can definitely appreciate her. And no it does not mean physical beauty, again there are many qualities that make up a person and it is to that which I am drawn.
So actually Stronzo I shall join you in removing my sexual percentage rating and give a "no response".

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
don't get your panties in a bunch guys. not everyone is the same. if there is anyplace in cyberspace where people should be able to be open about their sexuality, this is it. doesn't matter. be yourself.

i believe in the scale. some are totally straight. some are totally gay. but some fall somewhere in between, and thats ok. if someone likes the opposite sex more than same, they might be 60/40 or 70/30 or 80/20. if someone had an experience once with one side or the other, or thought about it, it might be 90/10 or 99/1.

if you don't like a label, cool. no law saying you have to. i'm a homo that drifted once. thats my label and am ok with it.

novice, yer right. thought we discussed the bejesus out of this recently. :smile:

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To answer the question, there need be no objective criteria. And the number implies a false precision - there's probably little to choose between, say, 50/50 and 60/40. In my case it was easy, I don't get excited about guys, so it's 100/0. As a practical matter that's probably indistinguishable from, say, 99/1, except that at 100/0, you don't get so many peculiar PMs.

warren84

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've put 99% gay 1% straight cos although I'm gay, I'm quite open minded and the possibility of sex with a woman, even if just a one-off experiment, is always possible, i.e. i wouldn't rule it out if the situation arises

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm starting to think that this exact topic gets posted at least biweekly.

I've already answered this in previous threads... but let me try to come up with something new... hm....

got it. I'm 1% gay because I own a Versace shirt. In fact, it's the one I'm wearing in my avatar pic. Watertight logic there...

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
I'm starting to think that this exact topic gets posted at least biweekly.

I've already answered this in previous threads... but let me try to come up with something new... hm....

got it. I'm 1% gay because I own a Versace shirt. In fact, it's the one I'm wearing in my avatar pic. Watertight logic there...

don't say that. now i am getting sexually confused. i DON'T have a versace shirt, can't decorate or cook worth a lick, like flannel shirts in the winter, and have owned two 4x4 pickup trucks in past years. oh god - what am i?

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
gordonuk said:
How can you say 100% gay does not exist?, I am 100% gay, the reason I am is I am not attracted to females in any way shape or form, the thought of sex and a female makes me sick. I like guys therefore I am 100% gay.

I didn't mean to offend you.

I think anyone, given the right circumstances, would have sex with someone not of his or her biological orientation if the situation was right.

"warren84" summed it up nicely

It's simply my sense.

kindred spirit

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i LISTED AS 30%GAY, WHICH MEANS TO ME THAT i HAVE HAD SEX WITH ANOTHER MALE IN SOME WAY AND ENJOYED IT, OR WANT TO ENOUGH THAT i WISH i WAS ABLE TO HAVE THAT FREEDOM, iT ALSO MEANS THAT I THINK THAT we are not all completely 100% either way, but on our way to more understanding. I agree given the right circumstances men may really enjoy touching each other and especially if a women approves of it or agrees we are all here in discovery and what fun together only if self confidence is in solid position parties. a lot of men I believe would climb out of a partial shell and often would not desire much of MM contact if allowed to. personally I wish my wife and I could have busted through stupid programing or actively created circumstances to explore without judgement of anyone, simply agreeing to or not to. At this time Its been a very long time and some high intense bonding would make up for so much allofness in our world today.

I dont think soul is either male or female and that may be the opportunity we can explore together on this wonderfull site

sares

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
there are many flavours of sexuality, bi- and mono-! i think the percentage is a really cute aspect to the board.

as for me personally, i think there is a bit of a rash of girls who are "bisexual" just to be cool, like kissing other girls at parties not because they're into each other, but to excite boys. yes, two girls kissing is very pretty, but i feel like that is sort of insulting to real lesbians and bisexuals.

so, since i don't feel sexually attracted to women, and in fact am a bit of a size queen for tasty cock, i chose 100% straight. aesthetically women are lovely though.

danglybanger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
sares said:
as for me personally, i think there is a bit of a rash of girls who are "bisexual" just to be cool
Know what you mean. Like when you go to parties and two stereotypical "wild girls" are trying to put on a meaningless cocktease for everyone around them not because they are actually lesbian or free spirited but because they are, indeed, attention whores. Makes me think they should sort out their issues elsewhere before they do something degrading to themselves and make others look worse in the process.

Anyways, truthfully I'm pretty much 100% straight. I'd never consider having a relationship with a man (well none I've met yet). The reason for the 1% is that I'm turned on by pics of a nice big cock, not in an "I want it up my ass" kind of way, more of an admiration of the prowess kind of way...

Like admiring a Ferrari. You don't fantasize about riding it... but you do fantasize about driving such a beast :biggrin1:

That doesn't actually make me gay, but most people would say it was a bit gay. So I guess my guage at least is merely a mirror of public perception that should be taken with a grain of salt :wink:

Again, a few things that I do or would do many people (homophobes?) would say is "gay", self sucking, fantasizing about threesomes with two men, and whipping my cock out in front of other guys (straight or gay) for a variety of reasons. I didn't want people bugging me asking me "so if you like those things how come you're not just gay?" Like I said, self sucking shows I'm not gay... because I'm awful at it and would make a horrible gay guy.

I don't think it's something to take seriously, the guage (this after writing 2 paragraphs on it) :lol: Just a fun kind of thing.

Slade

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I put Gay 99% , Straight 1% down purely down on the basis of attraction. I am totally into gay men even though there are some cute straight guys out there. No, I am not interested in straight men. Some gay men like chasing after straight men. I am not one of those gay men. I respect people's sexual orientations. (Even though, I am not sexually attracted to or am interested in women. More for the straight men and lesbians to admire.) :smile:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
There is no objective measurement of gayness or straightness. People put in the numbers that sound right to them, and it's pointless to hold people to particular standards ("hey, I saw you watching the View last week! No way are you 1% gay, you better bump that up to 20% at least, Mister!").

That said, quite a lot of people here are happy to explain how they came up with their personal percentages, if you ask them nicely.

phantom73

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OMG...I think I might be gay....

No, really
I put 100% gay because that's the percentage that applies to me now. However, maybe I should change that because I had sex with more women after I came out then I did before.

Now I'm all confused again after all these years...damnit!

kindred spirit

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
some confusion is healthy for asking questions and exploring without pre judgement on percentages, i enjoy the idea of guys in the open both nudest, and would enjoy more very intentional openess that is minus the inhibitions, 3 some desires with another male is one of my tops maybe bi sexual, I do not consider myself gay and think bi sexed is more akin to accepting others and sharing of myself from a whole spiritual being. we can do this through music and other ways. more later!:cool: