Question about lube, different types

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by Lucky, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Hello,

I have a few questions on lube, and can't find all the answers by searching so I am just going to ask.

Ok my girlfriend and I have tried pretty much all the water based lubes that are available at the local store. The problem is if we have sex for extended periods of time, or even short times but extremely fast thrusting it gets a little dry. All the lubes we tried only work for a few minutes at best, and its really a mood killer to have to pull out and relube several times. We have tried Astroglide, KY (all the different kinds the store had, liquid, gel, jelly, warming) and one other brand. Some were better than others, but none were even close to what we were hoping for.

It's almost like the lube gets stickier once it heats up or has been on for a few minutes, which is worse than not even using lube.

We don't use condoms for birthcontrol so I'm not opposed to an oil based lube, are they better/longer lasting? The local store doesn't sell oil based I'm guessing because the fear someone would use it with condoms, but there are sex shops around and I know they have lots of different kinds.

Also do the oil based ones stain? I know the water based kinds don't even show up once they dry, would oil based ?

Are there other types besides water/oil based?

If you all have any to recomend, or any favorites I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
    Lucky

2. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    http://www.babeland.com/shoppingadvice/lubeadvice

I agree with you about Astroglide, check out "Slick"

your girlfriend may find oil based products make for conditions that promote vaginal infections, but I dunno — it's an individual preference — some women are more prone to yeast infections and such than others

3. mehgah

mehgah New Member

Maximus or, if you prefer non-clear, Liquid Silk

Both are gold.

4. TallHungLB

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    To find the best lubes you're gonna have to go shopping at your local neighborhood Le Sex Shoppe. Since you aren't using condoms your best bet would be to try the silicone based lubricants like Eros, Gun Oil, or Wet Platinum. Gun Oil is my personal fave (hence the link below) but the other two are good also. Just a few drops will last through hours of humping pleasure.

http://www.gunoil.com

5. spl98006

spl98006 New Member

Definitely agree on the Eros silicone-based lube for sex with a partner. Expensive but worth it. I find that it actually works better with a condom than without. (which may not be surprising... I know we lube the rubber seals on your car with silicone so your windows don't squeak when you roll them down, so I guess rubber + silicone = slick.)

TallHungLB is not kidding when he says just use a few drops! A little bit of silicone goes a long way.

For jacking off, I tried sample sizes of several different lubes before settling on ID Cream. The skin on my hands is pretty sensitive and some lubes actually make me break out, so I can vouch that this stuff is safe to use for hours of edging.

(Note to you Seattle types: the guys at the Crypt rock! Everyone behind the counter was chiming in with their experiences and favorites, and wound up making me a big bag of samples to take home.)

6. KinkGuy

Gold Member

If you can find it, Original formula Elbow Grease. Slick forever...........and so NOT condom compatible. Petroleum based. WooHoo.

7. Love-it

Gold Member

After trying 10 or so lubes we found that Sliquid is by far the best water based lube, it lasts quite awhile. We don't like the greasy feel of non water based lubes. What we don't like about Sliquid is the horribly weird taste.

8. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Thanks for all the input, we are going shopping tomorow so I might try and find a few that you all have listed.

Lucky

9. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I am a fan of Wet Platinum (I also like Astroglide). I little bit of water also can help it get extra slick. WOOF!

KinkGuy--the new jock pic is HOTTER THAN HELL!! grrrrrRRRrrrr

10. B_Hung Muscle

B_Hung Muscle New Member

I'm with Lex. I like Wet Platinum.

Eros is good stuff, too.

11. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Hey guys,

I finally got a chance to stop in the local sex shop, and suprisingly it had quite a selection. Some of the prices were shocking, but after checking on line they could be found cheaper if I really found something I liked and wanted to buy a bunch of.

I ended up getting "Wet Platinum" and a little quickie size container of "Elbow Grease" original. I figured I would try some of the more expensive ones later on if these didn't satisfy.

Hopefully I will try them out later, then I can give an opinion. That is if my girlfriend starts feeling better, the flu is going around bad here.

Thanks again for all the input,
    Lucky

Draft saved Draft deleted