Question about marriage

skipping

Experimental Member
Media
If gay marriage were completely legal, would that change your decision to marry a girl? I mean, would you still be more likely to marry a girl?

skipping

Experimental Member
Media
I know my questions seem rather simple when you consider the complexities and situations and how you feel for that person...but if you were just as in love with a guy as with a girl, would you be just as willing to marry a guy or would social discrimination still play a big role?

nickntime

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It would definitely depend on the particular bi. I'm mostly attracted to women and have always imagined my mate to be a woman. But having men to play with is a different thing. For me it is definitely about the sex and not the personality.

skipping

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks for your reply.

I see your point. I guess it would depend on where you fall on the Kinsey scale or whatever.

It was kind of a dumb and simplistic question. I should have been more specific and said: "All else equal and having the same type of attraction to both sexes..."

B_bi_mmf

Expert Member
Media
Does it make me greedy to want a man AND a woman together?

No!

People are finally accepting the notion that we ought to be able to love whomever we want. But they define "whomever" as any one person.

The next frontier is to win equal acceptance for threesomes and foursomes, etc.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

In Massachusetts,gay marriage is completely legal.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If gay marriage were completely legal, would that change your decision to marry a girl? I mean, would you still be more likely to marry a girl?

Same-sex marriage is legal in my country.
My decision to settle down with someone has little to do with gender or whether marriage is legalised. I have been in a relationship with a guy that could have eventually led to marriage...and even if it wouldn't have been possible to get married, I most probably would have shacked up with him anyway.

theplayerking

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Has anyone ever married a woman just because he couldn't legally marry a man? I doubt it. That would require a fetish for the abstract institution of marriage.

Same-sex marriage is about granting legal rights and recognition to existing couples. I don't think it'll change people's choice of whom to marry.