Question about my foreskin

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Cowdude, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Cowdude

Cowdude New Member

Albums:
    Ive always been slightly curious about this, so figure this would be a good place to get an answer ^^. My foreskin doesnt go all the way past my head and im not sure if thats normal/abnormal or if its just cause im young *Shrugs*

A couple years back i tried pulling it back further than it normally could, and it caused me more pain than anything. But thinking back on it, it does go back further now than it used to. Is it something thats gonna change over time or should it not be that way in the first place :p

As it is now i can pull it back about half way but anymore than that normally hurts.

2. Viking_UK

Gold Member

It sounds like you're pretty young, so it should have some degree of stretch to it. When I was in my teens, I had to "warm up" to a full retraction, basically lube up a bit and wank gently until the skin would stretch enough to go back over the rim. These days, it's no problem. I don't know how tight your skin is, but you could stretch it out naturally without assistance. Your other option would be to have a chat with your doc about stretching techniques and whether or not (s)he would provide a steroid cream which can help loosen things up. Failing that, there are various options from "live with it" to circumcision and anything in between.

There have been quite a few similar threads in the past, so it would be worth your while searching through them for more information. You'll probably get loads of posts telling you to get cut immediately. That always happens here. This thread will probably turn into another raging battle. Listen to advice from people, but at the end of the day, make up your own mind and don't listen to any "medical" advice on here. Save that for what your GP says, because, at best, what you'll get here is opinion.

3. green carnation

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    keep on pulling it back (gently) as often as you remember and at various stages of hardness and then (if it is anything like mine was) it will stretch until eventually it wont hurt and will relatively freely slide up and down. Mine is still not totally loose but I think that is just the way it is in regard to my head size foreskin size ratio.

Of course yours may not respond to this in which case you will need medical advice.

Lastly, when I think back it probably took me a few years for it to be completely comfortable so I dont know when you ought to call in the professionals, I suppose if it is hurting or uncomfortable a lot of the time...

4. Cowdude

Cowdude New Member

Albums:
    Nah its not hurting on comfortable at all really, i was just wondering is all. ^^. And ill try slowly and gently pulling it back every now and than as you both suggested. As i said, it pulls back further than it did before so maybe i just need plenty of time to let it stretch *Shrug*

5. westminsterfun

westminsterfun New Member

Sounds to me like you have something called Phimosis, where the stretch is lost. I had the opposite which is paraphimosis where once pulled back it wouldn't return. Either way when you have sex there is a possibility that the foreskin will tear. Not at all healthy. Go to the doctor who will probably recommend circumcision (I had that last year and it has really improved everything!!) Good luck.

6. starstruck

starstruck New Member

OF course a doctor will recommend circumcision. Those procedures pay for his mortgage and 3 cars. Why would he tell you nothing is needed when he earns nothing from telling you that? Sometimes circumcision and surgery are necessary, but often times NOT !!

7. Viking_UK

Gold Member

Enjoy your stretching. :biggrin1:

8. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    It sounds as if the frequent usage i.e. wanking should resolve your situation.

Lube it and work on it on a daily basis, or maybe even twice a day.

The body is a great instrument and your skin should be able to adjust with enough usage.

Failing that, consult a medical professional rather than relying on opinion as others here have mentioned.

Good Fortune to you.

9. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    My bf had a dorsal slit performed on his foreskin. It looks a bit unusual but it solved his problems with hygiene and inflamation. Still, I'd recommend trying stretching your skin before getting it cut.

10. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Had the same problem myself dude. Couldn't pull the skin all the way back till I was about 14/15 - and never could as a kid.

Didn't cause too many problems - but when i started wanking, and became aware of it, i could gradually pull it back a bit further as time went by. Hurt a tiny bit, but gradually detached itself, and is fine now.

Be careful tho and dont drag it back too hard or force it.

Showing a doc for advice might be a good idea - shouldn't think they'd recommend circumcision unless it was necessary (especially on the NHS, lol) - and even if they did, you could say no if you wanted :)

Good luck, man. :smile:

11. Cowdude

Cowdude New Member

Albums:
    Well managed to get the foreskin past most of the head today when semi, and been using steroid cream on it too, seems to be working quite nicely, so thanks for the advice guys. :D

12. good_afternoon

good_afternoon New Member

Albums:
    i have pretty much the same problem as well...foreskin covers the whole head and then bunches up tightly over the tip. Retracts fine when flacid or semi-erect, although it is a kinda tough to get it back over the head when erect (somewhat stuck behind the head). I most often to this in the shower though and it has loosened a bit as I perform it more

Draft saved Draft deleted