Question about posting pictures; comment on bravery of some members

G

Ganymede

One thing about this forum that is surprising to me is that not only do some guys join and post pictures of their penises, but some guys even post pictures of their faces. I gotta hand it to you guys who are brave enough to do this. I am thinking of posting a picture of my cock. What keeps me from doing so is that there's nothing special about it. Perfectly average. But never in a million years would I be brave enough to post both my cock AND a picture of my face.

By the way, THIS guy in my book is the bravest. He has posted a picture of his cock, face, AND a link to his MySpace account. Bro, damn I wish I were as brave (and as hung) as you. How do you do it?

http://www.lpsg.org/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/12218/cat/500

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm actually really glad someone brought this up...I was thinking of starting a thread about faces.

What I want to know is, why do so many people not post pictures, especially of their faces?

Unless you are a politician, celebrity, religious leader, or big-time corporate executive, the chances are very slim that anyone will use your pics nefariously.

And if I do happen to run into someone I know here, then Hi - how's it going?:biggrin1: If you're here, you're just as wicked as I am, and are welcome to look your fill.

It may not seem like it by the vast amount of jabbering I do here, but I really do like face-to-face conversations. I hate to talk on the telephone. I applaud each and every member here who posts a picture of his/her face, because then I have some idea who I'm talking to.

I especially like avatars of faces.

I can understand that some people may not necessarily like their faces or bodies enough to show them, and are more comfortable hiding behind a mask of anonymity. I can understand this, and am not criticizing it. But I think the world would be a better place if we had more broad and varied definitions of beauty.

No matter what you look like, I would rather see you than not see you.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have had pics of my face in my avatar and gallery since i joined. I have never thought of it as brave. Posting pics of my cock was brave to me. Letting everyone see me naked was a big step for me. It takes guts to put nude pics up.:cool:

G

Ganymede

All good points. What keeps me from putting a picture of my penis is, as I said, nothing impressive. But I'll never be brave enough to post my face. It has nothing to do with the fear of blackmail. I'm nothing that you mention, famous, politician, religious leader, or corporate exec. For me, it has more to do with fearing the feeling of being vulnerable.

On a different topic, would you believe I've actually met Marianne Williamson? (The lady in your signature.)

I'm actually really glad someone brought this up...I was thinking of starting a thread about faces.

What I want to know is, why do so many people not post pictures, especially of their faces?

Unless you are a politician, celebrity, religious leader, or big-time corporate executive, the chances are very slim that anyone will use your pics nefariously.

And if I do happen to run into someone I know here, then Hi - how's it going?:biggrin1: If you're here, you're just as wicked as I am, and are welcome to look your fill.

It may not seem like it by the vast amount of jabbering I do here, but I really do like face-to-face conversations. I hate to talk on the telephone. I applaud each and every member here who posts a picture of his/her face, because then I have some idea who I'm talking to.

I can understand that some people may not necessarily like their faces or bodies enough to show them, and are more comfortable hiding behind a mask of anonymity. I can understand this, and am not criticizing it. But I think the world would be a better place if we had more broad and varied definitions of beauty.

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You seem to have left out people who work in the education field. Anyone in this profession who posts their face would be insane. Students are constantly on the web and once they find it your done. If parents found that an educater was posting pictures on a website such as this, their career would be over permanently.

G

Ganymede

Someone may want to alert the dude I mention in my first post, then. I clicked on his MySpace and he says that he is a student and teacher. Exactly what you said came to mind: I don't know if penis and facial pictures on this site are a good idea for a dude who is a teacher.

Wrat

Expert Member
Media
As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My kids are on the internet constantly, without their mother's supervision, so as good as they are, I would rather not just assume that everybody on the internet is a well adjusted, self regulating, mature individual without mallice.
All my friends know how wicked I am anyway.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You seem to have left out people who work in the education field. Anyone in this profession who posts their face would be insane. Students are constantly on the web and once they find it your done. If parents found that an educater was posting pictures on a website such as this, their career would be over permanently.
Yes you make a good point about people in certain fields putting face pics up isnt a good idea.:cool:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I posted a slightly obscured picture of my face in an attempt to a) be amusing and b) demonstrate I am who I say I am.

I also posted a (fairly tasteful) nude pic. There were others, but they came down a while ago.

I have a fairly good career... and I happen to live in a jurisdiction where I could probably make a pretty good buck out of the lawsuit that would result if anyone even mentioned my pics at work, let alone fired me. :biggrin:

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
On a different topic, would you believe I've actually met Marianne Williamson? (The lady in your signature.)

Lucky you! Did you attend one of her lectures, or meet her some other way?

I've actually never read her books or listened to her tapes, etc. But a friend of mine sent me that quote some time ago and it touched me so deeply I've never forgotten it.

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Very good point.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media

Musclebear made a good point. There is a genuine concern for those in the education field. There have been teachers (recently there was a lesbian Art teacher, who had nude "art" pics taken by her girlfriend, posted on the net) who have been caught by their students. Thanks to the Internet, students can find these easily.

The same arguement applies to those in the medical field. Do you want your Co-workers, or students or Patients to know how big your dick is. There is a level of professionalism that people require in order to being respected. Living in a society where people could ruin your career just by a particular comment to the right people, is scary.

Rather than risk being caught, people who want to participate submit photos of their dicks and ass. Should they feel another is trustworthy, they can send the face pic privately. It is nice to be able to control the level of veiws on your face.

I applaud them as well but understand why others are hesitant to show their faces.

I agree with this statement, C. It would be nice if we could live in a world where our faces didn't link us to various problems. You will notice there are people here who JUST show their face. Equally respectable. Different strokes for different folks.

Keep talking with people you enjoy. I am sure that they will share once they feel comfortable with you.:rolleyes:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thats whats great about LPSG. You dont have to show anything if you dont want too. I also respect the people who dont show their face and understand why:cool:

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I posted a slightly obscured picture of my face in an attempt to a) be amusing and b) demonstrate I am who I say I am.

I also posted a (fairly tasteful) nude pic. There were others, but they came down a while ago.

Rob, I absolutely love the "slightly obscured" picture of your face. Very creative camouflage.:biggrin1:

And I'm sure just about anyone would agree other pic is quite tasteful, and pleasing to the eye.:wink:

But I guess I have an unusually broad definition of "tasteful." To me, there is nothing distasteful about the human body, and people who posted pics of cocks, pussy, tits, ass, etc. are doing something beautiful.

(That said, I have seen a few fetishist photos and such that were a bit over the top...so I guess we all have our limits, even me...)

Anyway, Uncut, I agree it takes guts to post naked pics. Posting explicit pussy shots would make most women feel very vulnerable. And for men, (I think...) identity and self-esteem are so closely intertwined with your feelings about your cock that you are taking a big risk when you reveal it, opening yourself up to possible rejection. But learning that others find you acceptable, pleasing, or desirable :flirt: can make it worth the risk.

Ganymede, you may think there's "nothing special" about your cock, but there is. Its your cock! Don't sell yourself "short!" :wink2:

I know my husband's isn't nearly as large as some on this site, but I think it has a beautiful shape. I don't just look at size, I look at all aspects of a man. We both found it very liberating to post pics, and will no doubt post more.

It's kind of like saying, "Here I am! You either like it or you don't," and being okay with whatever comes of it.

In the words of George Carlin, "You need a little danger in your life. Take a fuckin' chance, will ya? What are you gonna do, play with your prick for another thirty years? What, are you gonna read People magazine and eat at Wendy's till the end of time? Take a fuckin' chance!":silly:

But to each his/her own, and I mean that sincerely and respectfully.

P.S. Jeff, I do understand what you and others are saying about reluctance to post faces. TM and I are very fortunate in that our careers and personal lives are virtually indestructible by this kind of thing. But I know not everyone has that kind of freedom.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Rob, I absolutely love the "slightly obscured" picture of your face. Very creative camouflage.:biggrin1:

And I'm sure just about anyone would agree other pic is quite tasteful, and pleasing to the eye.:wink:

But I guess I have an unusually broad definition of "tasteful." To me, there is nothing distasteful about the human body, and people who posted pics of cocks, pussy, tits, ass, etc. are doing something beautiful.

(That said, I have seen a few fetishist photos and such that were a bit over the top...so I guess we all have our limits, even me...)

Anyway, Uncut, I agree it takes guts to post naked pics. Posting explicit pussy shots would make most women feel very vulnerable. And for men, (I think...) identity and self-esteem are so closely intertwined with your feelings about your cock that you are taking a big risk when you reveal it, opening yourself up to possible rejection. But learning that others find you acceptable, pleasing, or desirable :flirt: can make it worth the risk.

Ganymede, you may think there's "nothing special" about your cock, but there is. Its your cock! Don't sell yourself "short!" :wink2:

I know my husband's isn't nearly as large as some on this site, but I think it has a beautiful shape. I don't just look at size, I look at all aspects of a man. We both found it very liberating to post pics, and will no doubt post more.

It's kind of like saying, "Here I am! You either like it or you don't," and being okay with whatever comes of it.

In the words of George Carlin, "You need a little danger in your life. Take a fuckin' chance, will ya? What are you gonna do, play with your prick for another thirty years? What, are you gonna read People magazine and eat at Wendy's till the end of time? Take a fuckin' chance!":silly:

But to each his/her own, and I mean that sincerely and respectfully.

P.S. Jeff, I do understand what you and others are saying about reluctance to post faces. TM and I are very fortunate in that our careers and personal lives are virtually indestructible by this kind of thing. But I know not everyone has that kind of freedom.
You are a very bright and insightfull lady. Im glad you are here...............:smile:

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The only excuse for not posting any kind of picture is if you don't have a camera!The galleries attract a lot of people to the site and I feel it's our job to keep supplying new photos/videos to keep people coming back.
The only reason I haven't posted face pictures is because of the hassle I'd get if certain less broadminded relatives discovered them.It does take a lot of nerve to make yourself fully recognizable if you have to deal with people who would really disapprove.
I'll probably post a half disguised pic like Rob to show that I'm not just a pretty cock! :smile:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Successfully executed.
Any chance they'll return? I saw the two in your gallery and seriously considered a gold membership.
I have a fairly good career... and I happen to live in a jurisdiction where I could probably make a pretty good buck out of the lawsuit that would result if anyone even mentioned my pics at work, let alone fired me. :biggrin:
Almost sounds as if you're taunting them. :biggrin1:

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Another member just PMed me about this subject, sort of. And he's not the only one that's asked, and it fits in this thread, and well, I'm just going to post, okay? And if you don't like it, I can whip you, just PM me.

Anyway.

I had a gallery up with photos of me including my face, fat ass, body, etc. and took them down the other night. Like I said, a couple people have asked why, which I appreciate because you like me!! You really like me!!

Ok, I'm being insane again.

To the point.

I was a moderator for about two years at a mental health website/board. I have bipolar disorder and have never felt the need to hide it-- indeed, I've posted about it here when the topic has come up. When I was moderating I got paid and it felt like a job, and it felt good that I was being useful and helping people. Like LPSG, it was a community of people that were fun, and that I trusted. So, I didn't hide where I was or who I was, and put a lot of photos of myself and family in the gallery.

In "real life" I had a friend that I stopped talking to because over the 10 years that we were friends, she was jealous, irrational, and very difficult to deal with. We got into a fight and I finally just unceremoniously cut her off from my private life. So, she did an internet search and found my posts on that board along with all the photos and any information that proved who I was. She presented this information to enough of the right people that it caused me personal, professional, and legal problems. Mind you, there was nothing untoward about these posts except that I was very frank and candid about being bipolar and what my experiences with it were. However, there are enough people in the world that have only a limited understanding of mental illness and immediately think you're a deranged lunatic if you're bipolar or whatever.

So, I got paranoid, thinking that all I need is her doing the same thing again-- and though I know that nothing I've said here is illegal or even unusual, just like the last time, I also know it could be construed as such by some people. All I need is a parent or a client finding me on here and thinking, "OH MY GOD MY CHILD'S PHOTOGRAPHER IS A SEX ADDICT!!" My business is dependent on referrals and reputation, and people can be small-minded assholes. And those small-minded assholes sometimes have the largest wallets (and the largest mouths).

It sucks. I think I might put up another gallery at some point, but I'll have to consider what goes in it much more carefully.

So... I understand a lot of people not wanting to put their faces on the internet.

Well I decided to take the plunge and post pictures of my entire body! I guess I'm working on the assumption that no one too close to home gets to see them! I'm obviously a bit of an exhibitionist and thought, yeah, why not let everyone see everything!