Question about QuickTime

Tank30

Expert Member
Media
Ok, say your a member of a pay website and the videos are in quicktime format.... How do u get the videos to play in the quicktime viewer instead of the little box inbedded on the page? I want to be able to view in the player, cuz then you can view in full frame/size. The little squares are much too small. Hope u understand what I mean. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If you pay the $50 for an upgrade to Quicktime Pro, you will be able to copy most quicktime movies to your desktop, where you can edit them, export them, convert them to other formats, stick them in an iMovie etc...

Some content providers will disable your ability to download the movie...allowing only streaming... but most are downloadable if you have the pro version of quicktime.

If you do... then there is generally an arrow on the lower right that will reveal the download menu

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It might be only $30...

Quicktime is included in most browser software these days, and the since some folks do not want you to be able to COPY the file, the default is now to show all video in the browser.

powerbook06

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, i have Pro, and see the little arrow, for the "other" menu, but I swore there was that "in browser/in QuickTime" preference somewhere. Maybe it was in an older version.

You probably remember the Flip4Mac preference pane where you can choose to launch QuickTime Player instead of the browser plugin.

Tank30

Expert Member
Media
Well I guess it's the individual website's choice if they want u to be able to watch in the viewer? Cuz, like usamuscle. They actually have on each video page, the option to watch in viewer. That's one reason why I love their website. Well I"m not paying to upgrade quicktime. So, I'll deal with the other sites in the little box.