Question about QuickTime

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Tank30, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Tank30

Tank30 Member

Ok, say your a member of a pay website and the videos are in quicktime format.... How do u get the videos to play in the quicktime viewer instead of the little box inbedded on the page? I want to be able to view in the player, cuz then you can view in full frame/size. The little squares are much too small. Hope u understand what I mean. Thanks for any info you can give me.

2. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I swore there was a "view in browser/external viewer" preference, but I can't find it anywhere.

3. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

If you pay the $50 for an upgrade to Quicktime Pro, you will be able to copy most quicktime movies to your desktop, where you can edit them, export them, convert them to other formats, stick them in an iMovie etc...

Some content providers will disable your ability to download the movie...allowing only streaming... but most are downloadable if you have the pro version of quicktime.

If you do... then there is generally an arrow on the lower right that will reveal the download menu

4. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, i have Pro, and see the little arrow, for the "other" menu, but I swore there was that "in browser/in QuickTime" preference somewhere. Maybe it was in an older version.

5. Stretch

Stretch New Member

Quicktime Pro is the definite solution as has been stated. Is it really 50$ now? It was 30$ when I upgraded.

6. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

It might be only $30...

Quicktime is included in most browser software these days, and the since some folks do not want you to be able to COPY the file, the default is now to show all video in the browser.

7. powerbook06

powerbook06 Member

You probably remember the Flip4Mac preference pane where you can choose to launch QuickTime Player instead of the browser plugin.

8. Tank30

Tank30 Member

Well I guess it's the individual website's choice if they want u to be able to watch in the viewer? Cuz, like usamuscle. They actually have on each video page, the option to watch in viewer. That's one reason why I love their website. Well I"m not paying to upgrade quicktime. So, I'll deal with the other sites in the little box.

Draft saved Draft deleted