Question About RMA (Return Manufacture Authorisation)

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi.

So I sent this form off and have an email off the company dated 7th September saying they received the form and it was in process, which can take up to 30 days on busy periods.

I had no response after that. I emailed them on 6th October asking what the status of the RMA was, no response. I emailed them again yesterday (both times with my RMA number and RMA in the subject heading). Still no response.

Do they tell you when they pay it in? It may have sneaked in but I doubt it, I got a bank statement last week and I didn't have the £40 paid in.

This is my first RMA :redface:

What to do?

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Save your postage reciept or tracking number so you have proof of shipment.

I would contact your credit card company and show them the proof. With your documentation, they will be able to recover your funds for you.

C

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Echo what Rikter said. Document everything and contact your credit card company.

Refunds, returns, rebates, bonus gifts, etc: all these things have a reputation for being notoriously slow in processing and sending. Months of waiting time with no accurate tracking are typical for consumers who have opted to try for a refund.

Also, the RMA instructions are often deliberately vague, giving the manufacturer an excuse to delay or deny a return request from a consumer who was confused about proper procedure. You've got to be 100% sure you've filled to form out completely correctly before you can hope to get a refund.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gah! I'll just wait then. I don't have the receipt but I do have the email from amazon which I suppose is the receipt, and various emails off the company where they acknowledge that they sent me the item.

Guess I'll wait :mad:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That should be good enough. Store the E-mails in a safe place, and the tracking number where it was shipped.

AH! Amazon.... I take it - it was a Amazon Vendor that you bought it from?
They are notoriously piss poor for issuing even the product.
Did you try Calling the company?

Make one last attempt by calling, document date/time/ who you talked to, extention...etc. Then call Amazon and file a claim. You can also do it on their website.
It takes generally 30 days to get your money back, but it does work.

Honestly, I haven't had too much trouble (Outside of ebay and Amazon) on RMA stuff.
Several PC parts suppliers, electronics parts etc other stuff Ive ordered is usually pretty easy - as long as you do it in the time allowed. Generally 30 days or less.

Hope it turns out OK, and let us know what you find out, or if you need more help.
C
btw...hot cock hehehehe

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know what their terms are but companies are required to respond within a 'reasonable period', however what the reasonable period is isn't defined legally.

What I usually do is send them a letter (yes real snail mail is sometimes the only way) send it registered/recorded, and in it make a summary of the original reason for RMA, the emails you've sent, any you've received in response and finally what you want to happen - eg, I require that you contact me within 7 days/I want my money back/goods replaced within 14 days or whatever action it is you require them to take. State that if this isn't done you'll launch an official complaint and also start legal action in the small claims court.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If it is an "Amazon Marketplace" purchase, you do need to go straight to the vendor. I have had really good experience with Amazon Vendors and when they know there is a problem, they usually are all over it very fast.

go see if there is any feedback from other members on the vendor. I usually look before I buy just to be careful.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi.

So I sent this form off and have an email off the company dated 7th September saying they received the form and it was in process, which can take up to 30 days on busy periods.

I had no response after that. I emailed them on 6th October asking what the status of the RMA was, no response. I emailed them again yesterday (both times with my RMA number and RMA in the subject heading). Still no response.

Do they tell you when they pay it in? It may have sneaked in but I doubt it, I got a bank statement last week and I didn't have the £40 paid in.

This is my first RMA :redface:

What to do?

Depending on how the item was purchased, the reason for the return and the time between purchase and RMA request there is legislation in the UK to place time limits on refunds.
  • Look at distance selling regs if you bought online and returned (or requested a refund within 7 days of receipt - refund MUST be paid within 30 days).
  • Look at sale of goods (and supply of services) act if that doesn't apply.
  • Look at the vendors terms and conditions (if you haven't).
If you didn't purchase by credit card but by Debit card or cheque (which I assume you didn't because you referred to a bank statement) the bank is NOT liable, except in case of fraud which this clearly isn't. It's very unlikely they will assist you in recovering funds for that reason.

I'd advise you to write, recorded delivery to the vendor stating what you want, sending copies of all documentation. If they fail to reply take out a small claims case in the county court, you can do this online. It costs little and if you will costs will be awarded against the vendor. I suppose it depends on whether the refund would cover the costs if they cough up on receipt of the papers!