Question about this forum

Discussion in 'Fictitious Stories' started by thee1, Feb 11, 2010.

1. thee1

Gold Member

are we allowed to post fictitious stories about real people?

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

From a legal standpoint I would say no because of liable and slander issues.

3. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I would have assumed yes on the basis that it is a work of fiction posted in a clearly titled forum. I'm no lawyer tho so it may be best to avoid real people.

4. Northland

Gold Member

A while back, when I wrote http://www.lpsg.org/76865-presidential-path.html, I asked one of the Chieftans at the time (mindseye or prepstud) and was told to place a disclaimer note either at the start or end of the tale; which I did.

My note read: The following is a work of fiction-although certain characters are named after real people and their occupational careers may follow the same line, the actions contained herein are fictional (as far as I know they are). They are not intended to defame, degrade or even to elevate a person in any way. They are thoughts formed in my own mind and should be known as such.

That said, I am aware laws may have changed since then.

5. thee1

Gold Member

thanx guys. i'm currently writing a story about two real baseball players, and I noticed there's an eminem story on this forum that was locked. just wanted to be sure about the stipulations before I posted what i've written so far.

6. nudeyorker

Gold Member

7. MonsterLuvr

MonsterLuvr Member

What about fictional characters, cuz I know there's a niche out there for slash fanfiction. And FYI, if you've ever seen the film Re-Animator, guess what? A lotta fans out there did slash fanfics with Herbert West and his assistant Dan.

Naturally, out of Jeffrey Combs and Bruce Abbott, circa the '80s, it's no question who's hotter.

8. MrMXYZPTLK

MrMXYZPTLK New Member

Put a Disclaimer, saying something to the point of:

This Story is a Work of Fiction, if any names or characters resemble someone you may know, please dis reguard. This is a work of fiction and any resemblance is just Coincidence.

Draft saved Draft deleted