Question about twins

Irvy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've read that a lot of research on genetics is done using twins, both identical and non identical. Since identical twins are genetic clones, studies have been done to see what is genetic, and what is due to outside or individual influences.

One such study I read said that out of all the twins they had surveyed, all the identical twins had identical sexualities, whilst non identical twins could be the same sexuality, or different.

I've often wondered how much influence genetics has over penis size, and how much is due to diet, exercise, stress, and other factors during puberty. Does anyone know if identical twin males have identical dicks? This also raises the question of bends and curves in the penis. Are they genetic, or due to how you wear your penis in boxers/briefs during the time its growing?

Are there any identical twins on the site, or people with friends/relatives who are identical twins and know about this?

writernyc

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Irvy@Sep 13 2005, 12:50 AM
I've read that a lot of research on genetics is done using twins, both identical and non identical. Since identical twins are genetic clones, studies have been done to see what is genetic, and what is due to outside or individual influences.

One such study I read said that out of all the twins they had surveyed, all the identical twins had identical sexualities, whilst non identical twins could be the same sexuality, or different.

I've often wondered how much influence genetics has over penis size, and how much is due to diet, exercise, stress, and other factors during puberty. Does anyone know if identical twin males have identical dicks? This also raises the question of bends and curves in the penis. Are they genetic, or due to how you wear your penis in boxers/briefs during the time its growing?

Are there any identical twins on the site, or people with friends/relatives who are identical twins and know about this?
[post=342740]Quoted post[/post]​

I can only speak for my twin brothers who are equally and identically well-hung and shaped, and two twins I tricked with in college, who were equally lucky. I don't know if this is true for all twins, but I'm all for checking it out.

tillyrox

Experimental Member
Media
Well i cant go on me and my brother, cos well i dont have a dick and he does, but i have cousins who are identical twins and my brother asked them if they were totally identical and they said yes with a wink so im guessing that that is what they meant.

Tilly

Originally posted by jonb@Sep 13 2005, 05:49 AM
My brother is gifted the same way I am. Exact same, down to the millimetre.
[post=342773]Quoted post[/post]​

I imagine that identical twins that were, somehow not identical below the belt would have some real emotional difficulties. I have heard of serious differences in personality with identical twins. One introvert and the other extrovert.

hungcuriousnc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, my dad is an identical twin. He once told me that his brother had a 10'er. Now, by accident, I've seen my dad's in the past and I can tell you, he's no 10'er. So based on that, I'd say there's a possibility that either can happen. (have the same or different equipment)

I also knew a set of twins, identical.... one ended up being gay as I don't know what, while the other is as butch and country as all get out. The one is real feminine, while the other is obviously straight.

Both sets of twins in my life grew up in the same house. Slept in the same bed most of their childhood. Ate from the same dinner table and lead similiar lives. How do you explain that one?

I say genetics. Don't try to explain it or question it, just go with it.

hippyscum

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by LloydBaker+Sep 13 2005, 12:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LloydBaker &#064; Sep 13 2005, 12:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Sep 13 2005, 05:49 AM
My brother is gifted the same way I am. Exact same, down to the millimetre.
[post=342773]Quoted post[/post]​

I imagine that identical twins that were, somehow not identical below the belt would have some real emotional difficulties. I have heard of serious differences in personality with identical twins. One introvert and the other extrovert.
[post=342793]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, but identical twins are identical in appearance, not personality. So it would be unlikely that that situation would arise.

Irvy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is interesting to see where genetics and upbringing blur. Remember, identical twins are nature&#39;s clones, so they have the same genetic code.

As for the fem/butch thing, those are behaviours, and are not necessarily signs of a person&#39;s sexuality. One of my best mates is very camp, always very well dressed, groomed, spoken and utterly utterly well mannered. He&#39;s also completely straight. I&#39;m not butch, I&#39;m just a "typical bloke", with no fashion sense, can&#39;t dance, I fart, burp and scratch my balls, and sometimes do so in public. I&#39;m also 100% gay. If we&#39;re out together, everyone assumes he&#39;s the gay one and I&#39;m the straight one.

Identical twins will have different personalities, as personality isn&#39;t genetic, but that&#39;s what I&#39;m wondering. Does our outlook on life have an impact on our physical development during puberty?

Geekyraccoon

Just Browsing
Media
The other problem is that identical twins are usually raised identically as well, so studying specific ones doesn&#39;t often reveal much about nature vs. nurture in most issues. The only true test of that would be identical twins separated at birth and the like.

The few studies that have been done on separated identical twins show that often a remarkable number of &#39;behavioral&#39; things often tend to be the same for both of them, that one wouldn&#39;t think of as genetic, even down to favorite movies and such.

This is one of the most fascinating, and difficult areas of study around.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
it&#39;s kind of off topic, but I knew a set of girls that were twins. One was extremely beautiful, but the other would be best described as plain. I never discussed it with the pretty one, but had a very tearful vent by the other one after a few drinks one night. Dramatic differences between twins seem even harder to take than differences between other siblings.

tillyrox

Experimental Member
Media
Well, our personalities are different, VERY different. But our sizes are the same.

Im the exact opposite, me and my brother we obviously arent identical twins, but we are very similar personality wise, we like the same music and same movies, and we have the same dark sense of humour, we grew up like normal brother and sister not like twins as much, but still we are very close.

Tilly

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am a fraternal twin (hee, stop calling me "nonidentical").
Different EVERYTHING, including dick size, sexuality,
and opposing personalities.
Only thing identical is our coloring,
and our parents.

Pappy

Media
I was stationed with a set of identical twins while in the military. Observed them many times in the shower and they were identical in every way as far as body construction. That, however, is where the identicalness stopped. One was married with kids and the other was, as they say, queer as a three dollar bill. One approached me looking for action, which he got, the other was a very obvious homophobe. The gay one told me that during their teen years he tried to get his brother to experiment with him and he beat the crap out of him. Maybe twins sexuality is like their personalities, influenced by environmental forces and not just genetics.

nitsud

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by tillyrox@Sep 14 2005, 03:10 AM
Well, our personalities are different, VERY different. But our sizes are the same.

Im the exact opposite, me and my brother we obviously arent identical twins, but we are very similar personality wise, we like the same music and same movies, and we have the same dark sense of humour, we grew up like normal brother and sister not like twins as much, but still we are very close.

Tilly
[post=343078]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry about the post before

same here except were both gay

nitsud

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by txquis@Sep 14 2005, 11:09 AM
I am a fraternal twin (hee, stop calling me "nonidentical").
Different EVERYTHING, including dick size, sexuality,
and opposing personalities.
Only thing identical is our coloring,
and our parents.
[post=343180]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry guys this is the one I was talking about

I need to go back to school

husky14620

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Pappy@Sep 15 2005, 03:02 AM
I was stationed with a set of identical twins while in the military. Observed them many times in the shower and they were identical in every way as far as body construction. That, however, is where the identicalness stopped. One was married with kids and the other was, as they say, queer as a three dollar bill. One approached me looking for action, which he got, the other was a very obvious homophobe. The gay one told me that during their teen years he tried to get his brother to experiment with him and he beat the crap out of him. Maybe twins sexuality is like their personalities, influenced by environmental forces and not just genetics.
[post=343411]Quoted post[/post]​

Many homophobes are so vehemently anti-gay because of their rejected gay tendencies. The most vocal and violent of them are usually the most gay.
Case in point, the guys who beat Matthew Shepard were reported as having
sex with each other.

ceg1526

Experimental Member
Media
I didn&#39;t realize there were so many twins here (txquis, jonb, tillyrox, nitsud), but have no idea how many there should be. What&#39;s the percentage of twins in the general population, and what&#39;s LPSG&#39;s membership?

Take care

Ceg