question about working out / body building!

D_Sid_Scrotum

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hey

im about 6'4, 170lbs, ... thin built...

looking to really bulk up

what is the best and fastest way to do it?

i hear differnt opinions from many people

such as

work out 5 times a week ..45 mins a day... seperate ur muscles

others say , work out 2 - 3 times a week max... with workouts upto 8 reps
etc...

i dont know what to do , who to listen to and who not to ....

im pretty cut...but skinny! ,.... i wanna gain muscle... and make it look nice.. not just bulk bulk...

yellowman

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would suggest lift heavy and less reps. You will gain more muscle mass that way. When you do more reps I know you become more cut and it is better for definition. I would also suggest weight gainer or eating more proteins and meats.

I'm not an expert, but this is what I can attest to be true in my world. :smile:

philboy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been weight training for over 30 years (!) as part of a mixed cv/weights workout schedule.
1. Identify those muscle groups you want to build for maximum effect.
2. I suggest you start with easy weights and gradually work up to heavier ones you can manage: do not overdo it or try to advance too quickly. Do say 12 reps slowly for 3 to 5 sets. Stated simply, the slower you do the "lifts and lowerings" the more bulk you will get.
3. Take a days break in between working on the same muscle groups (arms, legs etc, etc).
4. Good luck.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
philboy said:
I have been weight training for over 30 years (!) as part of a mixed cv/weights workout schedule.
1. Identify those muscle groups you want to build for maximum effect.
2. I suggest you start with easy weights and gradually work up to heavier ones you can manage: do not overdo it or try to advance too quickly. Do say 12 reps slowly for 3 to 5 sets. Stated simply, the slower you do the "lifts and lowerings" the more bulk you will get.
3. Take a days break in between working on the same muscle groups (arms, legs etc, etc).
4. Good luck.
Very good advice, philboy. trying to get too much gain too quickly by "overdoing" things does more harm than good; it can tear muscles and pull connective tissues away from their connections.

For any given muscle group, start with weight you can handle easily for the number of repetitions (10 or 12 is usually good) and the number of sets (3 to 5 is also good). Keep adding weight, very slowly, at subsequent workouts, until you get to the point that you can almost, but just not quite, finish that last set. Don't add additional weight until you can easily get through all sets, then add just a little more. ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL ITEMS: Keep a journal with you at all times at the gym, and write down all the details of your workout (what groups you work, how much weight, how many reps, how many sets). Have a plan before you go in (which muscle groups you plan to work on). Drink LOTS of water during your workout.

Also, the advice to rest at least a day is crucial. Don't work your arms two days in a row - if you go to the gym every day, work different muscle groups on alternating days. And don't be embarrassed to start slowly, avoid at all costs the temptation to use more weight than you should, simply because you are embarrassed to let anyone see you using 20 lbs for your curls. There may be a few shortcuts available, but trust me, none of them are worth the tradeoffs.

Best of luck to you!

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you want to build mass, you'll need to work out more often tha 2 - 3 times a week. Working your way up to heavy weights is essential but make sure you can handle what you're lifting, and make sure you stretch. An injury will set you back much further than you can imagine.

One of the most important and overlooked aspects to gaining solid lean muscle mass is diet.

There are so many websites out there with great information. I'm sure you'll find all the advice you need.

Get going -- and take pictures!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Your lifting form is very important.
That's why it's probably essential to have a personal trainer helping you at first, and then intermittently later on.
He (she) can see what you're doing in a way that you can't, even if there are mirrors in your gym.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BUY THIS BOOK!

104-2023290-4243114

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
hungboy said:
hey

im about 6'4, 170lbs, ... thin built...

looking to really bulk up

I'm a husky body type rather than thin. I don't know what will work for you but here's what worked for me:

When I started swimming regularly I couldn't believe how much my arms, chest, shoulders, and neck bulked up. I blew out of my size medium shirts and had to go to large ones. Waist size stayed the same. My cardio conditioning improved along with strength and bulk.

Now I'm bringing my legs into the swim workout with training fins and seeing similar results.

Good luck.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
I also have to add...BREATHE!

Ideally you want to have the most important muscles, your heart and lungs working. They're the powerplant of your body. You can have a good metabolism, great physique and good technique, but you need to be able to go the distance if you want to be able to improve. I'm no adonis, but at least I can feel my heart beating without swimming in a soup of fat!

Oh, AND NO SMOKING!

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sorcerer said:
You said fast so here it is:
Creatine
Whey Protein

Workouts as suggested above with these as directed will bulk you in a hurry, specifically the Creatine.
Whey protein shakes are indispensible, no doubt about it. Lots of lifters also swear by creatine, but it's no panacea. I used it for a number of months without seeing any significant results (except that my wallet grew a lot lighter!)

You asked about the "fastest" way to bulk up, which makes me wonder if you're wanting to look good at the beach. If so, make your target *next* summer, not this year. Seriously bulking up takes many months, and if you try to rush it you'll more than likely just injure yourself. I usually advise someone just starting out to work with weight machines (as opposed to free weights) for at least 3-6 months just to familiarize yourself with the rudiments of proper form.

You might check out previous threads on this topic ... http://www.lpsg.org/the-healthy-peni...men-board.html is a great one, and I'm sure there are many others.

Good luck!

Steve :smile: