Question, and friend's reaction

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by skylar21, Sep 23, 2006.

1. skylar21

skylar21 New Member

Hi, I'm new here, probably should be posting in the Introductions section, but... my topic relates more here, as a certain event brought me here.

Quick background, I'm 5 inches flaccid (7 inches when erect) and moderately wide around, but I never thought of that as "large". A friend of mine that I've known for many years, joined me to my gym, where we worked out, and showered afterward. Having never seen one another naked before, I could tell he was looking down and staring quite a bit. He was likely to be seen on the smaller side if anyone were to comment, but it isn't something I would make any deal about.

Since then he seems to me sort of more distant, especially since the entire time we've known one another, he's always been the "tougher" of the two of us, sort of the physical karate type.

To make a long story short (too late), at my size, is that considered "large", when brought into the type of discussions you all have here? My wife always said I'm large, and I appreciate her continual support in everything, but that hardly counts in this issue!

Thanks in advance.

2. Jeffin90620

Jeffin90620 New Member

I have seen many Nude In Public-type pictures with men and women (usually art- or festival-oriented) and the average flaccid size is about 2 to 3 inches in length (usually closer to 2) and up to an inch in diameter.

So... if your flaccid penis is 5" long and, say, 1.5" wide (you didn't say, so I picked a number out of the hat), then it would be about 4 times the volume of the average flaccid penis.

That sort of relative volume is comparable to a woman with a D cup vis-a-vis a woman with a B cup and D-cups are considered large by most. :wink:

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

It's quite obvious, skylar, that the guy can't stand the scent of your bath soap.

4. fortiesfun

Gold Member

I created this thread to answer this type of question. Hope you find it useful.

5. Fire Stick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sounds like your friend perhaps has a strong competitive nature, and it is simply a blow to his ego to be on the shorter end of the stick in repsect to the size of your penises. I personally have never admired a highly competitive nature in people, but there are plenty of people in this world like that, many of whom are likable, othewise. Ultimately, I would say that your friend is just going to have to "get over it." However, if it is very inportant to you to keep him as a closer friend (like it was before he saw you naked), you might consider trying to boost his ego in some way to make him feel better, e.g., compliment him or ask for his advice or guidance on some issue. I suspect that he needs to feel superior to you in some way. People that we care about can be delicate, and you have to be sensitive to their insecurities.

6. skylar21

skylar21 New Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. It is definitely a competitive type thing. We've been that way since we've known each other, and in some areas he's ahead, and in others, I am. With so many other things going on in my life, I don't really have tons of time to boost his ego, but I'll do what I can.

7. davidjh7

Gold Member

Simplest way to boost it, is to tell him something about him that YOU are envious about---it gives him something to use to counter his own perceptions.

8. STYLYUNG

STYLYUNG New Member

This post reminds me of the time that a business buddy and I went swimming at a local pool. On the way home he commented that he never thought that my penis would be bigger than his. That gave me a real boost because he has a nice one!

9. burlsun279

burlsun279 Member

Peckers response; OK, that was the funniest thing I have read on here yet!!

10. crashandburn

crashandburn New Member

dude your friend was just embarrassed because he knows that he can't compare and he may be jealous too. I have buddies that I know are jealous of me, but in time they stop feeling so uncomfortable.

11. Simon9

Simon9 Active Member

Yeah, people's reactions to the sight of it can be varied.

A few weeks ago, I caught a co-worker I casually knew checking me out at the urinal. As I walked over to the sink afterwards where he was standing, he blatantly stared at my crotch and then looked me in the face. It was the saddest look I'd seen for some time. He was visibly upset.

I thought he was going to start crying. Odd.

Since then he generally rushes past and mutters hello. He used to be much friendlier. I gather seeing a large one pushed some sort of button. Or he was overcome by the sheer beauty.....

Everybody's got issues.

12. ballmantx

ballmantx Member

To comment on the orginal post, this is an interesting thing. I too am 7" when erect, which I have always taken to be a little on the big side. BUT, I am average to maybe even below when flaccid. Something I have so much extra skin there when flaccid that my head is covered depsite the fact that I'm fully circumsized.

I wish I was a shower like you rather than a grower. I've been seen at times growing up and even had buddies call me small. That pisses me off knowing that I'm not.

13. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Classic sign of a grower, ballmantx.

14. ruffboy

Gold Member

rest assured skylar21 that despite the amazing member's members you'll see here, out in the real world you are larger than average, and sounds like hanging soft much larger than average. i, like ballmantx, can hang really small when soft, and it has even embarrassed me on occassion, but feel just fine (most of the time) when fully aroused. as for your friends' reaction, i say he doesn't need your pity in the form of a possibly perceived disingenuous ego boost, probably the last thing he needs really. and i'm sorry, but if he's competative a lot of the time, then part of that is learning to lose gracefully. obviously you and i have to do that everytime we come to this site and see what we haven't been blessed with in some of these gallery posts. wow.

15. bigtwin

bigtwin Member

Albums:
    Skylar,

I'm not going to try to get into your friends head about it. Hopefully, he'll get over it and return to your friendship will return to normal. If not, you'll have to decide whether to let it slide or do something about it.

16. Don Alejo

Gold Member

Maybe he just wants to play with it, and that is freaking him out.

Draft saved Draft deleted