Question: Do you believe in soul mates?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Tina_Ciao, Jun 8, 2010.

?

Do you believe in Soul Mates?

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Maybe, for some people; not for all folks

16 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. D_Tina_Ciao

D_Tina_Ciao Account Disabled

Do you believe in soul mates? Yes, No, Maybe

Why or why not?
    I've heard there is more than one soul mate for each of us - hope so.

I've posted this topic to my True Romantics Social Group for more in-depth discussion, so if you're a member drop by and give some input to this topic!

2. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sure! I think that there is someone out there meant for each of us. I do believe that we may never meet them, depending on where we each are in our lives, where we live and the choices that we make.

A lot of things could keep us apart. I would rather look at it as one day we might each find that person that is just meant for us, rather than thinking it is a lot of drivel. I think a lot of marriages do not last because people settle or they were just in lust. If you think that person is the one for you, shouldn't you always be filled with joy when you see them? Shouldn't you always want to make them happy? To me that is when you have found your soul mate.

I do not think it is a fantasy or a fairytale, it is just like the way two pieces of puzzle fit together perfectly. Sometimes you can get a wrong piece in, but the edges will not line up and the hold will not last.

#2 HiddenLacey, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
  3. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

No question - if we didn't, we'd all be in a lot more crap than we are now!

Connectedness is next to Godliness.

4. the_reverend

Gold Member

absolutely. sometimes we can have more than one. sometimes they're not a sexual or romantic mate, but just someone you connect with on a very deep and intense level. i don't think it's something absolute that applies the same to everyone or can be easily defined, but i do believe it exists. :)

5. wallyj84

Gold Member

I don't believe in soulmates. That's just ridiculous, romantic garbage.

I think that everyone has at least one personality type that they will be compatible with. Nothing more than that.

6. Fanuc

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes have been with one for 26 years ... Read The Bridge Across Forever by Richard Bach

7. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have had to work out things from other lives during this life. None of my relationships has been with a 'soul mate', the one complementary missing other half sort, but all of them were inescapably fated and part of the big picture.

Personally i don't think I would be ready to handle such a challenge, of being someone's complete balance.

8. D_Maurice Mountlilly

D_Maurice Mountlilly Account Disabled

i say for some not all,my friends are all in great marriages,but as for my relationship history...it's pretty much jerry springer/maury povitch(without kids)and not to sound bitter,because i'm all for healthy relationships and romance and good stuff like that,but it doesn't happen that much in life to everybody.

9. dolfette

Gold Member

i'm with you, doll.

10. priboianucristian

priboianucristian New Member

i belive in soul mates but nothing until now. why why :(( . i gest whant to meet somebody to talk or cry on her arm to love her! why dosen't whants anybody? if their is a person which whants to talk with me please send me a message and i will reply! please give one chance!

11. D_Tina_Ciao

AHA! And the true core of LPSG cynics appears at last!

Been waiting for this. lol! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and because it's different from yours doesn't make it "garbage", sweetie. Do try to express an opinion without denigrating someone else, please.

Better opinion expression - thank you.

#11 D_Tina_Ciao, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  12. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Having cogitated on this a bit longer I feel the need to say more. I do hope to find a handy arrangement of some stability with a person or persons whom I do not annoy enough to drive away. This may not be with a cosmic perfect match. Too much perfecting of my own 'game' remains ahead of me to settle into a 'forever' lock with anyone else. We will both likely evolve and may no longer suit, next life.

13. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Not sure. The mathematics would seem to argue against the idea of soulmates.

14. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'd like to believe in soulmates for the romantic aspect... but it just doesn't seem like a reasonable idea anymore. Maybe It's just my growing sour.

15. D_Tina_Ciao

You know what, guys and gals? I've been disappointed, tried, tested, dumped on, abused, hurt, etc. my whole life, yet, STILL, I think it would be a bleak place indeed, if there were not at least a *possibility* that there are soul mates, so I prefer to take the high road, have hope, and keep on believing, even it doesn't seem logical (and I admit that - I had the highest tested logic in school, male or female, and can see it's perfectly illogical). I prefer to err on the side of the angels/good things/ etc. and to be open to possibilities and be vulnerable/hurt rather than to play it safe and be closed off and not feel anything.

Am I looking at life through rose-colored glasses? Oh, I hope so!!! :heart:
    Antoine
    de Saint Exupery said in The Little Prince, "It is only with the heart one sees rightly - what is essential is invisible to the eye."

#15 D_Tina_Ciao, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  16. curiousvirgin

curiousvirgin New Member

yes! yes! yes!.. I believe there's one person out there for everyone us who makes the other half of our selves. The half that will make us complete, Its just a matter pf destiny if we do meet them or not.

17. hungwriter

hungwriter Well-Known Member

Albums:
    No.

I guess I could begin my answer by saying that I don't believe in souls, but that's beside the point. I not only think the idea of soulmates is a squishy, romantic myth -- I also think it's unhealthy.

There's a spectrum of attraction and compatibility. Two different people will reside at different places on that spectrum. Maybe they'll be close. Maybe they'll be far. But there will always be more people near you on that spectrum. To believe there's *one* person who matches up with you to the hundredth decimal point is silly, I submit. Don't look for love so high up and far away. It's right here.

For what it's worth!

18. the_reverend

Gold Member

as the poet Han Solo once said...never tell me the odds. :cool:

19. D_Barbi_Dahl

D_Barbi_Dahl Account Disabled

I do believe. I'm still waiting. I'm confident my soulmate is out there.

20. D_Tina_Ciao

You go, girl! :biggrin:

Draft saved Draft deleted