• Total voters

D_Tina_Ciao

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you believe in soul mates? Yes, No, Maybe

Why or why not?
I've heard there is more than one soul mate for each of us - hope so.

I've posted this topic to my True Romantics Social Group for more in-depth discussion, so if you're a member drop by and give some input to this topic!

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sure! I think that there is someone out there meant for each of us. I do believe that we may never meet them, depending on where we each are in our lives, where we live and the choices that we make.

A lot of things could keep us apart. I would rather look at it as one day we might each find that person that is just meant for us, rather than thinking it is a lot of drivel. I think a lot of marriages do not last because people settle or they were just in lust. If you think that person is the one for you, shouldn't you always be filled with joy when you see them? Shouldn't you always want to make them happy? To me that is when you have found your soul mate.

I do not think it is a fantasy or a fairytale, it is just like the way two pieces of puzzle fit together perfectly. Sometimes you can get a wrong piece in, but the edges will not line up and the hold will not last.

Last edited by a moderator:

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
absolutely. sometimes we can have more than one. sometimes they're not a sexual or romantic mate, but just someone you connect with on a very deep and intense level. i don't think it's something absolute that applies the same to everyone or can be easily defined, but i do believe it exists. :)

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
I don't believe in soulmates. That's just ridiculous, romantic garbage.

I think that everyone has at least one personality type that they will be compatible with. Nothing more than that.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have had to work out things from other lives during this life. None of my relationships has been with a 'soul mate', the one complementary missing other half sort, but all of them were inescapably fated and part of the big picture.

Personally i don't think I would be ready to handle such a challenge, of being someone's complete balance.

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
i say for some not all,my friends are all in great marriages,but as for my relationship history...it's pretty much jerry springer/maury povitch(without kids)and not to sound bitter,because i'm all for healthy relationships and romance and good stuff like that,but it doesn't happen that much in life to everybody.

priboianucristian

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i belive in soul mates but nothing until now. why why :(( . i gest whant to meet somebody to talk or cry on her arm to love her! why dosen't whants anybody? if their is a person which whants to talk with me please send me a message and i will reply! please give one chance!

D_Tina_Ciao

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't believe in soulmates. That's just ridiculous, romantic garbage.

AHA! And the true core of LPSG cynics appears at last!

Been waiting for this. lol! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and because it's different from yours doesn't make it "garbage", sweetie. Do try to express an opinion without denigrating someone else, please.

I think that everyone has at least one personality type that they will be compatible with. Nothing more than that.

Better opinion expression - thank you.

Last edited:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Having cogitated on this a bit longer I feel the need to say more. I do hope to find a handy arrangement of some stability with a person or persons whom I do not annoy enough to drive away. This may not be with a cosmic perfect match. Too much perfecting of my own 'game' remains ahead of me to settle into a 'forever' lock with anyone else. We will both likely evolve and may no longer suit, next life.

D_Tina_Ciao

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know what, guys and gals? I've been disappointed, tried, tested, dumped on, abused, hurt, etc. my whole life, yet, STILL, I think it would be a bleak place indeed, if there were not at least a *possibility* that there are soul mates, so I prefer to take the high road, have hope, and keep on believing, even it doesn't seem logical (and I admit that - I had the highest tested logic in school, male or female, and can see it's perfectly illogical). I prefer to err on the side of the angels/good things/ etc. and to be open to possibilities and be vulnerable/hurt rather than to play it safe and be closed off and not feel anything.

Am I looking at life through rose-colored glasses? Oh, I hope so!!! :heart:
Antoine
de Saint Exupery said in The Little Prince, "It is only with the heart one sees rightly - what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Last edited:

curiousvirgin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes! yes! yes!.. I believe there's one person out there for everyone us who makes the other half of our selves. The half that will make us complete, Its just a matter pf destiny if we do meet them or not.

AmerykTCSAGuY

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No.

I guess I could begin my answer by saying that I don't believe in souls, but that's beside the point. I not only think the idea of soulmates is a squishy, romantic myth -- I also think it's unhealthy.

There's a spectrum of attraction and compatibility. Two different people will reside at different places on that spectrum. Maybe they'll be close. Maybe they'll be far. But there will always be more people near you on that spectrum. To believe there's *one* person who matches up with you to the hundredth decimal point is silly, I submit. Don't look for love so high up and far away. It's right here.

For what it's worth!