Question: Doggy Style

curiositykilledcat

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I often see posts on here regarding doggy style allowing the most penetration, or people not being able to engage in doggy style because the woman can't handle as much of the penis in that position (talking strictly vaginal sex here). Would anyone knowledgeable on this topic please clarify?

I don't have a big cock, and have never been in a position where a woman can't handle me, but I would think that doggy style would restrict the amount of insertion, thereby making it easier for the recipient to take what the penis has to offer. When I look down while doing doggy, I can see that there's about an inch of my penis remaining once my partner's butt cheeks are pressed against my hip bone. For bigger guys, that shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm only 4.5", so that's limiting my penis to 80% of possible insertion. Meanwhile, in missionary, I could manage to gently graze her cervix if I've got her knees to each side of her chest, which for me is the deepest I could get.

I would also think that, for average and above size penises, if the woman's cervix is in the way of deep thrusting, then wouldn't gravity help pull the uterus out of the way when in doggy style, thereby opening the way to the posterior fornix?

curiositykilledcat

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
does your girl have a fat arse?
not being rude. just asking.

I'd say average. Size 10.
But not just her, I mean in general. Even the skinniest of women must have butt cheeks, which would mean less than maximum penetration, right?

With missionary, once the legs are spread wide or up, then there's really nothing in the way.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I bet you'll get a variety of answers.

In my experience I think it depends generally on how much her legs are bent at the hips. That can shorten the vagina substantially. A stretched out prone posture can allow deeper penetration.

There are a lot of variables. Angle of entry, curvature of penis and curvature of the vagina are also factors that mitigate or amplify the odds of colliding with her cervix in an uncomfortable way. Her posterior padding (as dolfette asked — cheeky monkey!) matters. The guy's anterior padding also matters.

B_ILIW

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
it's the way in which the vagina is aligned when a woman is on her needs. Because the vagina is elongated, it lends to deeper penetration.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I feel it deeper in doggy than in most other positions. This applies whatever size his cock is, and whatever weight either of us is. I don't know why it feels deeper in doggy. The fact that it does is good enough for me.

I do have a retroverted uterus. Apparently, doggy hurts for many women with a retroverted uterus. It doesn't hurt me. Just feels wonderfully deep.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Angle, Darling. It's all about angle. You need a geometry book.

curiositykilledcat

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my experience I think it depends generally on how much her legs are bent at the hips. That can shorten the vagina substantially. A stretched out prone posture can allow deeper penetration.

By "allow deeper penetration," does that mean she can take more, or that it feels like more? From what Subgirrl wrote, it's more the latter...

I feel it deeper in doggy than in most other positions. This applies whatever size his cock is, and whatever weight either of us is. I don't know why it feels deeper in doggy. The fact that it does is good enough for me.

Is that the norm with other women? Does anyone know WHY that is the case?

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
By "allow deeper penetration," does that mean she can take more, or that it feels like more? From what Subgirrl wrote, it's more the latter...

Is that the norm with other women? Does anyone know WHY that is the case?

In general: I bottom out more when most partners are bent over with their knees drawn forward, so I can't go quite as deep: it starts causing some discomfort. I get all the way in more easily when they are stretched out prone, face down, legs straight.

Both postures feel great to me, and they stimulate me in different areas of my penis.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hmm closer my knees are to my chest the shorter my vagina feels, feels like the boy is hitting me deeper. if my rump is up in the air, i suspect he's getting more of my outer labia gripping his cock, but isn't actually penetrating as deep as he would be if i were prone.

the more my back is bent the tighter jenny gets. can either hurt the blue blazes or hurt the blue blazes in a good way.

reared up doggie *sometimes called bent spoon* seems to achieve deepest penetration for the boy. and no unintentional ouch for me. usually i'll rest my forearms on the wall, supporting most of my weight and keeping a good bit of balance. with my torso stretched out to full length, and ass just tilted up enough to make the position work, the boy has free reign to go as deep and as hard as we/he/i like.

very last eta: booty. i suspect the booty prevents the boy from going as deep as possible vaginally. cuz my rump is like a bumper :redface: but he gets that pelvic grind and the tension at the base of his cock/ball grind against my ass. he's mentioned being very fond of the feeling.

is also great for all the loverly bonus of doggy positions. his hands are free to pinch, slap, touch, tease and explore. i don't have as much freedom of movement, mostly rocking back/grinding against him. hmm but i think i like the dominate masculine ggrrrrr when he mounts me. is good. so good.

eta: i've also noticed a difference with leg arrangements. him between my legs, my legs spread apart. me between his legs, my legs pressed together.

Last edited:

syphon80

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IF her shoulders are below her waist you can go deeper, if they are above her waist you can possibly bottom out depending how deep the well is, and long your hose is.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...if the woman's cervix is in the way of deep thrusting, then wouldn't gravity help pull the uterus out of the way when in doggy style, thereby opening the way to the posterior fornix?

I don't know about other women, but my cervix doesn't dangle and is completely unaffected by gravity.

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with rawbone8, face down prone with legs straight allows deepest penetration for me, I've taken every bit of 8" in that position, but I love doggie too.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When my dick points up towards my chest (or missionary) doesn't feel very long. If she's got her butt/torso raised and my cock is pointing straight, it feels much longer. It feels longest when it's about 45 degrees down, or doing doggy.

If you look at some of the journals, they show the penis internally looks like a boomerang. Bend the boomerang clover together it compresses. Stretch it out and it extends.

curiositykilledcat

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When my dick points up towards my chest (or missionary) doesn't feel very long. If she's got her butt/torso raised and my cock is pointing straight, it feels much longer. It feels longest when it's about 45 degrees down, or doing doggy.

If you look at some of the journals, they show the penis internally looks like a boomerang. Bend the boomerang clover together it compresses. Stretch it out and it extends.

Ah, maybe that's why. When in doggy, the penis would HAVE to be bent down more, like at 4 o'clock. Yeah, that would get some of the "hdden shaft" out.

Thanks bro, you never fail to disappoint.

Thanks to the others who contributed, and if there's more to add, please do so.

Note that I'm asking not because I'm looking for a way to get more penis inside my wife, but because I have a teeny weeny, and I want to optimize the usage of what I do have.

RE: the prone rear-entry, we do that too. For you guys that has enough cock to spare, I'm sure you do it so that it feels like full penetration to you, while allowing your gals to take it. For me in that position, by the time you subtract the rump "bumper" and all, I'll get maybe 1.5" of penetration, which ironically works out well, because I nudgefuck the hell outta my wife's g-spot.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah, maybe that's why. When in doggy, the penis would HAVE to be bent down more, like at 4 o'clock. Yeah, that would get some of the "hdden shaft" out.

Actually, if you want to get a lot of the hidden shaft out, try lying on your back with a pillow under your butt and have her straddle you. Her weight plus your back arched, hips jutting forward shoul do the trick.

Thanks bro, you never fail to disappoint.

Thank you. I'm honored.

RE: the prone rear-entry, we do that too. For you guys that has enough cock to spare, I'm sure you do it so that it feels like full penetration to you, while allowing your gals to take it. For me in that position, by the time you subtract the rump "bumper" and all, I'll get maybe 1.5" of penetration, which ironically works out well, because I nudgefuck the hell outta my wife's g-spot.

That's exactly what I was going to say halfway through your paragraph. Good perspective.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Note that I'm asking not because I'm looking for a way to get more penis inside my wife, but because I have a teeny weeny, and I want to optimize the usage of what I do have.

A recent partner of mine was on the smaller side of average (guesstimated 5") and for me, doggy optimised it. As I said earlier, doggy always feels deeper to me, no matter what size he is.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Doggy for me can be a blessing and a curse. It is usually so intense its very quick in that position, other times it seems like I can go forever and ever. But I've always noticed how deep I feel myself in her, and have heard her say the same. Its just one if those positions for us. And I'm average so for me the booty doesn't get too much in the way. Test out raws advice. He's the guru of the stroke around here.