Question For All Gay And Straight Men!!!

Miscer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A ten minute video of some chubby guy talking about gay relationships?

I'll pass. Or give us the cliff notes

B_deltaboy767

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A ten minute video of some chubby guy talking about gay relationships?

I'll pass. Or give us the cliff notes
Of course you'd pass, cant handle the truth, as most people cant handle being called out for something they know is true in every aspect. But who am i to judge? Im just wanting different opinions and views, as i have my own conclusions..

Magnus_Phallus

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
seemed rather convoluted, somewhat rambling,
vague ideas, not fully formed...

Was there a question in there?

Refreshing to hear someone gay
hold straight folks as an example;
havent seen much of that myself.

B_deltaboy767

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
seemed rather convoluted, somewhat rambling,
vague ideas, not fully formed...

Was there a question in there?

Refreshing to hear someone gay
hold straight folks as an example;
havent seen much of that myself.
Actually there was, I guess i should have elaborated more, but the question is, Gay or Straight, both are men of the same species, why then, is one so compleatly and totally different from the other? Why is the Gay male so shallow and narrow minded, whereas the straight male is less so?

B_deltaboy767

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Are you kidding me with this?
I know many shallow and narrow-minded straight guys as well as many who are not.
Dude, it has nothing to do with sexuality.
Why is it that gay men simply DO NOT want to admit to their shallowness? And to answer your question, no im not kidding, I on the other hand, know more non shallow heterosexual males, that i do gay guys, if you ever frequent the "scene" there is all these requirments that gay men have, not fems or fats, no twinks, and so on and so forth, however, most of the hetero guys, simply put it, pretty, easygoing. So yeah gay me are much more shallow than straight men, harsh reality that most gay men don't want to face, but it's scientifically proven..

matelalique

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I found your opinions interesting - I've experienced vapidity in the straight and gay male world (I split my social life between the two), and I strongly disagree with your point that straight men are more comfortable with a drag queen than are gay men, whether in face or not. A substantial number of straight men are openly horrible to gay men, regardless of whether fat, thin, queeny, weedy, ugly or "normal looking". Those that are nice to you at your drag show, have chosen to come to your drag show with friendly women, or friendly men, and are going to be nice to the performer. If you wish to make your point - go to a random "white trash" bar in your drag and then return to make the same point.

I agree that there is unnecessary arrogance in the gay world around looks. Straight men have competitions about bedding ugly women, which gay men generally don't. Straight men tend to be more grateful for what they can get than gay men are (and a lot more willing to buy drinks).

I have never heard a gay man say "I thought I was better looking", referring to a 9 when he thought he was a 10. I've heard straight guys say that a lot, and their definition of themselves as a 10, in many cases leaves a great deal to be desired.

Most of the gay men that I interact with are interested in intelligence, communication, common interests, and a sense of humour. Looks will play a part, but I think we are far less likely to settle for lack in the other departments than our straight counterparts.

Matthew

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Why is it that gay men simply DO NOT want to admit to their shallowness? And to answer your question, no im not kidding, I on the other hand, know more non shallow heterosexual males, that i do gay guys, if you ever frequent the "scene" there is all these requirments that gay men have, not fems or fats, no twinks, and so on and so forth, however, most of the hetero guys, simply put it, pretty, easygoing. So yeah gay me are much more shallow than straight men, harsh reality that most gay men don't want to face, but it's scientifically proven..

Well to start with, most gay men aren't on the "scene".

But anyway, I gave up on the vid when he started rambling on about his "ugly" "skanky" "ho" woman friend :eek: (? will she still be when she hears that?) who gets laid more than he does.

Also, of course he gets hit on more by straight men than gay when he's in drag - duh!

Last edited:

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media

Could you reference this study that provides scientific proof? I’d love to see the study design. I’d like to know how the PI defined shallow. I’d like to know the test for shallow.

It’s been my observation that assumptions about gay men being females in male bodies is a misguided assumption. Basically, in the ways in which males differ from females, gay males behave as males, not as females except with an attraction to other males vs. females. It’s been my observation that some understanding about heterosexual male behavior can be gained by observing gay male behavior controlling for sexual attraction. I.e., sometimes straight men would behave as gay men behave if women behaved as men behave. I’m largely discussing propensity to promiscuity and objectification in male sexual attraction.

I would be surprised at a credible study which could demonstrate a difference between gay or straight men with respect to education, careers, money management, goal orientation, or social integration. While gay and straight men in their respective sub-cultures might certainly differ in choices of recreation, sports, music, and while the vocabulary of their banter, their bonding rituals, etc. may differ, I can’t see these things as measures of shallowness.

I don’t accept that queens in a disco are more shallow than dudes watching football over pizza even if these stereotypes were true.

Last edited:

green carnation

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

You don't hear how picky a straight man can be because you are neither their target audience nor their pulling mate, and clearly none have ever had that conversation with you? do you know many straight men?

OMGmybf

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've seen gay men from the scene and from outside the scene. I've also experienced straight men in the scene and out of. And the solid consistent truth i've seen in all of them. It doesn't matter gay or straight. The scene types are all shallow, vapid, narrow minded creatures that expect perfect. But that's why they are part of the scene. They expect to find this perfect. They want eye candy, not a fully formed human being, just a pretty body to look at and ogle over.
Meanwhile. The gay men that aren't part of the scene are the sweetest, most down to earth guys i've ever met. Intelligent. Caring. Not at all vapid or shallow or narrow minded. And the same goes for straight men. I've known just as many straight men to be shallow and narrow as i have gay men. It's simply a mixture of media portrayals and other people's narrow minded thinking that the scene gays are the only gays. It's simply not true.
However, i've also met many many females, both lesbian and straight. The lesbians are all wonderful. Intelligent, down to earth. Hardly concerned with outward appearance of others and more about what's deep down. I've met straight females like this too. But i've met a hell of alot more vapid, shallow, narrow minded straight woman than i have gay or straight men. So lets talk about that fact, shall we?

bigboy9239

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't agree....do you know how many shallow straight people of both genders, I know? Just about all of them. Out of 150 people, probably 140 that are just ridiculous..... Very few down to earth folks. Its sad....no wonder people find it so hard to get a mate....everyone's so phony.

As for gay people, other than my nephew, who is gay, and he is stuck on the color thing, I don't know any...so i can't speak on it.

B_deltaboy767

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You don't hear how picky a straight man can be because you are neither their target audience nor their pulling mate, and clearly none have ever had that conversation with you? do you know many straight men?
Umm, I know plenty of straight males, most all of my guy friends are straight, when we go out, we normally go to straight clubs, where i get to observe more straight men, and the majority have the same habbits, (at least that i have noticed,) when it comes to approaching the ladies. My gay friends on the other hand are few, and there is a reason i have few, I simply hate how shallow most are, especially in a social setting, I've observed both..

87chris1987

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
have you EVER been in an all-guy setting where they're talking about their current and/or prospective girlfriends?

straight guys are extremely shallow; they just care about hiding it during certain situations.

D_JohnUpHerPipe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality has nothing to do with how shallow somebody is, it is a personality trait you moron!

And just ask yourself this, why are so many women so worried about their appearence, it isn't because straight men go for personality and that alone now is it! And it certainly isn't to impress us 'shallow' gays!

Last edited: