Question for all hetro bodybuilders

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CeeTeeCeeTee, Jun 5, 2005.

1. CeeTeeCeeTee

CeeTeeCeeTee New Member

Do you believe that having big muscles has helped you to attract women? What percentage of women you have been with were really into your muscles?

thanks

2. jakeatolla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, its 8"long and 6" around !!!!!! :D

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

3. Alley Blue

Gold Member

I started going to the gym religiously, and I've notice that if your a tall well built guy, ( I don't mean swimmers physique, but BUILT) your a "star". Everyone takes notice of you and envies you. Girls want to be with you and boys want to be you.

4. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    I started lifting intensively last August, and have put on about 45 lbs. of muscle since then (am now 5'7" and 205 lbs.) I have definitely noticed a difference in how *some* women respond to me. I used to hear secondhand that various women might find me "cute," but now the positive feedback when a woman likes what she sees is direct, immediate, and impossible to miss.

Most people are fairly discreet in responding to my new build, only acknowledging it when the topic is raised by someone else, but if a woman *really* likes the muscled look all discretion seems to go out the window. She will comment at once on my build and do all she can to keep a conversation on that topic, asking me where I lift, how often I lift, how much I lift, etc. I've had this type of response from some female friends, a few female relatives, and numerous random women such as those who cut my hair. Sometimes it can be a bit much, as when my wife's oldest friend gushed about my physique in front of my wife and her own husband, and then brought up the subject again on the phone with my wife a few days later! Clearly she was a fan. ;)

I've always felt before now that men and women are on different wavelengths when communicating attraction -- so a guy usually has no clue if a woman he encounters casually finds him attractive. But I'm finding that when a guy is muscular, female fans will often be very blunt in communicating their attraction.

Steve

5. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    I wouldn't consider myself a "bodybuilder", but i'm naturally quite muscular and i do work out regularly.

to answer your questions (respectively): yes, and probably the majority

6. hippyscum

hippyscum New Member

I don't think having big muscles is necessarily a turn on, although all women are different. I tend to attract mostly on my personality (which I regard as a very good thing lol), and although i do work out 3 times a week, i tend to wear baggy clothes, so there's never much showing.

Although, I have been with a few women who loved my chest and abs, so who knows? You'll probably have to wait for some of the female members to chime in on this topic.

Hipflask

7. jonb

Gold Member

Not really a bodybuilder per se, but in my experience, women really only have problems with the extreme steroid guys. Ecto/mesomorphs such as myself are hot.

FWIW, comic books, action figures, and video games all give boys the image that a man's supposed to be more muscular. It's kinda the male eating disorder.

8. Knight

Knight New Member

Yeah I sometimes think I should work on gettin some bulgin biceps but I tend to like do pressups and shit for a bit then stop. Was good before when I could beat everyone in an arm wrestle. Now I probably couldn't though since I havent done any real exercise in ages :p

I have broad shoulders though, so they say. And then they say 'you just need fillin out'. Meh. The only girl I was with wasn't fussy about bodies she said. And I have quite a few other girls interested in me who obviously arent in it because of my 6 pack :p (which I dont have lol).

9. jay_too

jay_too New Member

Yea, I definitely think people notice and respond to guys who workout.

While I tend to wear baggy clothes to help camouflage a recurring hard, I still get compliments on nice chest....nice lats....nice shoulders....whatever. Oh awright, so I don't have bulging biceps....but I do have lots of definition.

The hours at the gym show.

jay

10. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    ahhh you don't get away with THAT excuse. given the opportunity, I am quite capable of out-eating an entire herd of african elephants every single day. it's what you DO with it that matters :p

11. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    As Dr. Rock implies, eating a ton and being well-built are certainly NOT mutually exclusive -- although you do have to be eating the right things. In fact, to support a real building regimen you need to eat obscene quantities of food. For instance, just about every day for breakfast I eat 4 scrambled eggs (the cholesterol-free EggBeaters variety) with smoked turkey and cheese; a bowl of oatmeal; fruit; two soy "sausage" patties; and coffee. And within a couple hours I'm hungry again and ready for my next "meal."

Steve ;)

12. viande

viande New Member

I wouldn't say I have huge arms (not by a long shot -- bigger than normal but not anything to call home about), but I've found that the women wow over my stomach a helluva lot more than my arms.. I don't have washboard abs, but I do have a fairly well-defined 6-pack and that seems to get them swooning more often than arms would.

13. Mr._dB

Mr._dB New Member

Problem is, my big muscles are still hidden under too much fat.

14. Alley Blue

Gold Member

Cardio, Cardio and more Cardio!

15. sflatintop

sflatintop New Member

Albums:
    I'm not a massive bodybuilder, but I am bulking up pretty well right now, while staying pretty ripped. Even when I was pretty lean though, I'd been told -more than once- that I looked much better with my clothes off. A more direct quote: "In your clothes you don't look like much, but you actually do have a pretty hot body." I guess I do tend to wear my clothes pretty loose, and it's better than being told to put them back on, but I was never sure how to take statements of that nature.
    Interesting thing about growing is finding out how the people around you respond--everything from ignoring the fact that you're suddenly VERY MUCH LARGER, to very direct questions and yes, even some compliments. Good thing, I guess, it's easy for me to keep in mind that I'm still the same person, even if people who weren't interested in me before, begin changing their minds.

Draft saved Draft deleted