Question for Austrialians-Cry in the Dark

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Recently saw the movie Cry in the Dark about a couple who tragically loose a baby when its carried off by a Dingo and then are charged with
Murder. The story made national news and were pretty much persecuted by the press and then by the courts. (Just shows the ultimate power of the media) I know this is old news in Austrailia, but can anyone in Austrailia or someone who has followed this story tell me if the couple were ever vindicated by the press and public opinion in Austrialia. It truly was a tragic story and a great story of faith. (It was amazing how the couple's marriage endured)

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
12 years working in Au
hope that qualifies me as an Aussie, (never took out citizenship tho-regretably)
anyway, i will give my version of an answer? ha

BIG Story as you aluded to
Believe there Religious beliefs held them to-gether initially
Since parted ( i think)
To me when over there a few years after the tragic event, the Jokes about 'dingo took the baby' were to the fore, more than if it were true/false, of course no one ever knew
I had a distinct feeling that folk were still joking re it all, and when questioned they were sort of hoping it were not true.
Actually made a point of speaking to an Aboriginal elder and he wisely sighed ..nature ..
little bit o truth in that, we do think we can claim every inch of land huh?
Dont know about the latter details (talking years) & sorry cant answer yr question re Press & Public opinion.)
enz
Me, i believe it happened.