Question for Europeans(not english as mother language)

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_jacob115, Nov 8, 2010.

1. B_jacob115

B_jacob115 New Member

I come from central European country -- Slovenia and I'm interested how aware is population about circumcision? For example here, my friends didn't know much about circumcision(how cut penis looks like) and that most of ppl in US are cut. It was new to them like to me when I found out.

2. B_Hornaplenty

B_Hornaplenty New Member

My heritage is German/Polish and all the men in my family and our ancestry were circumcised at birth. Being Christian seemed to be the reason for the ritual, since Jesus Christ had been circumcised as an infant. It's strange that the Nazi's viewed a circumcised male as being Jewish because that was not an accurate means of judging. Of course the Nazi's proved that their mentality was deeply flawed beyond that.

3. B_jacob115

B_jacob115 New Member

Well this is very interesting, I guess you live in US. In Europe most men are uncut, this is fact, I'm interested how much ppl from other states know about it.

4. D_Crystallized Ginger

I'm from Italy..and here circumcision isn't a routine surgery... nor a faith featuring... you have to be circumsized only if you have got fimosys or balanitis or any kind of infections and/or diseases in that area... I knew that in the USA being cut is common as it's a standard routine for newborn to be circumsized just after they are born.. and I think it's beacuse of two main reasons: 1) it's safer to have a cut penis to keep it always clean and healthy, 2) USA have a jewish cultural background that of course has its weight in this practice... btw I'm uncut and I think would have been better to be cut to avoid problems with foreskin and (rare) skin disease on that area...

5. Finker

Finker New Member

would be interesting to know what the girls think of this too.
    I heard that uncut cocks can sometimes smell pretty bad, even with showering. Not sure how true that is. Yea you guess right, I'm cut.

6. D_Alastair Pisspoore

D_Alastair Pisspoore Account Disabled

I know the USA has a large Jewish population but I would not say it has a Jewish cultural background...at all. Actually because the USA always supports Israel (when they shouldn't) some Arabs think that most Americans are Jewish, but I'm surprised to see an Italian write that.

Most people outside the Jewish and Muslim world are uncircumcised. I knew this growing up in Israel that most Europeans were uncut. I was really surprised when I moved to the USA to discover that many Americans thought most of the world is circumcised.

7. hardwood8

hardwood8 Member

Albums:
    As a standard practice (religious or cultural or in the case of the US, commercial) genital mutilation is wrong. For medical reasons only should circumcision be done. We are born with what we need. If it smells bad, there's a reason.

8. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Who told you that? The circumcision salesman?

Retract foreskin, apply water, apply soap, apply water. It's pretty tough for some I know :rolleyes:, but guess what? it's quite nice spending time washing the end of your knob. Who'd have thought :smile:? Guess the cut guys don't have any sensation there, so they wouldn't know, at least, that's what I heard :wink:.

9. zdc00

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well said! Also, your avatar is very funny. :biggrin1:

I'm European and uncut myself and have never experienced any weird odors emitting from my penis.
    In my experience, be careful with the amount of soap you use. This depends on how PH-neutral towards your skin it is and what chemicals it contains.
    Don't use too much and remember to wash it off thoroughly.

10. mandoman

Gold Member

In the US, the circumcision rate has recently dropped down to 32%. That alone made headline news.

There's a cheap and simple cure for a foreskin smelling. It's the same one girls use, and for the same reason...smegma. It's a splash of water, and a little rubbing with the thumb or a washcloth. Soap can cause more harm than good, by killing the bacteria which prevent infections.

In a few generations, the US is likely to be close to as uncut as Europe, with an ever present population of people who are circumcised for religious reasons, or family tradition.

11. larocca

larocca New Member

Albums:
    Croatians know almost nothing about it either.

12. D_Hammond Happydipper

D_Hammond Happydipper Account Disabled

one of the lucky few that escaped being cut..

13. D_Crystallized Ginger

ok foreskin is precious for somebody (cut guys ...) and if exists there is a good reason... but I think,and I'm an uncut boy,that foreskin itself could be dangerous sometimes.. ever heard about penis cancer??? well, it always arise from the foreskin skin...

14. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Men who are circumcised at birth are less likely to develop penile cancer. They are not immune.

There are stronger correlations between HPV and smoking as causes for penile cancer than non circumcision before puberty.

You are at least 75 times more likely to get prostate cancer. I suggest you worry about that a bit more.

15. hunGreek

hunGreek Member

in greece everyone thinks that knows what circumsision is (nobody does it) but in fact they dont. its a common missonception that it means the small cut you get have when you have a tight frenulum. there are alot of misconceptions also since its so mysterious, typicaly as a HIV shield, or equaly ridiculous, that it increases the size of the penis.

16. JTalbain

Gold Member

The idea that only intact men get penile cancer is a medical fallacy from decades ago. The people conducting the study checked incidence of penile cancer and noted that the men who had it were almost exclusively uncut compared to their control group, but failed to take into account the age difference of those with and without. At the time, only people who were older were likely to be uncut, and penile cancer is very much an old man's disease.

That said, according to medical records in the US, circumcised men do have a lower rate of penile cancer. Intact men have about triple the rate of lifetime risk, but even at triple the rate of occurrence, it is so rare that the lifetime risk remains below a tenth of percent.

A Cost-Utility Analysis of Neonatal Circumcision

17. Manjebac2

Manjebac2 Member

Albums:
    Serbia - Uncut here

18. cockchafer

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    UK - uncut here.

I get the impression it's more a cultural thing, or even a trend. Most people here certainly are uncut. Certainly a stark contrast to the USA. Not sure why, be it misinformation, a 'trend', or what - I wonder what percentage of those cut have had the decision made for them by someone else, be it their culture, parents, or whatever?

19. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

That's YOUR opinion, dude.

Gee, no shit?

Wow, that means there's going to be an awful lot of ugly flaccid penises out there.

Sorry if this offends uncirced guys, but it's just my opinion.

#19 B_RedDude, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  20. mandoman

Gold Member

What is lovely about a scar, as opposed to skin that nature put there?
    I find skin bridges unattractive, some of the color mismatches look very odd, and some people look like they were circumcised with a chain saw.
    Just my opinion, sorry if it offends.

Back to cancer, in the Christopher Maden study in Washington State, 37% of the men who got penile cancer were circumcised.

Draft saved Draft deleted