Question for Guys who wear Thongs to Nude beaches... WHY?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is a question for guys who wear thongs to nude beaches...

Why do you do this?

I think it looks so ridiculous, I mean its legal to be nude so why bother at all, since a thong isn't really covering anything anyways...

Maybe its just me but I just find either normal speedos, or being au natural more attractive, though I don't like when people wear speedos to the nude beach either, a nude beach is designated as a nude beach for one reason and one reason only, to BE NUDE!!

Trekrider

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
a nude beach is designated as a nude beach for one reason and one reason only, to BE NUDE!!

I don't know about the U.S, but in Australia it is not compulsory to be nude at a nude beach, or "clothing optional' to use the correct term. And nor should it be...it becomes confrontational to non nudists then. It's great to see nudists and clothed people coexisting on the beach together, and the best way to get more clothed people used to nudity...eventually they'll try it and not go back.
To answer your question it could be a clothing fetish or someone new to nude beaches trying to get the courage to be naked.
I don't care what people wear on the beach as long as I can be naked.

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
... a nude beach is designated as a nude beach for one reason and one reason only, to BE NUDE!!
I wouldn't quite go as far as that: if people want to be clothed at a nude beach, then it seems to me that that is their prerogative. I don't think that nudity is compulsory at a nude beach, is it?

As for thongs vs speedos, then that's a matter of taste, I guess.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wouldn't quite go as far as that: if people want to be clothed at a nude beach, then it seems to me that that is their prerogative. I don't think that nudity is compulsory at a nude beach, is it?

No its not required, it can't be unless the beach is privately owned, which isn't possible except for very limited places in FL and other places..

The going clothed to a nude beach is a whole other topic, one that really irks me as if there could at least be a speedos mandatory or something rule that would help to keep the creepers away, since its the creepers that walk/sit on the beach fully clothed just staring at all the naked people, which is totally inappropriate behavior...

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No its not required, it can't be unless the beach is privately owned, which isn't possible except for very limited places in FL and other places..

The going clothed to a nude beach is a whole other topic, one that really irks me as if there could at least be a speedos mandatory or something rule that would help to keep the creepers away, since its the creepers that walk/sit on the beach fully clothed just staring at all the naked people, which is totally inappropriate behavior...
OK, I accept that. That is not appropriate.

But I'd take the attitude that if people on the beach are doing "beachy" things (swimming, sun-bathing, :smile: building sand-castles :smile:), then that's fair enough, regardless of whether they're nude or not.

incubus08

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think men should wear thongs anywhere, but if that's what you need to do to get used to it and get into it than more power to the guy. I'm sure in a few weeks time, maybe even a day or two, a few of those people who wear thongs or what have you to nude beaches won't be wearing them anymore. As for those who go to those beaches fully clothed there are few creepier things that can be done.

ibostyle11

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've always been of the impression that you didn't have to get completely naked just b/c the beach you like going to happens to be a nude beach.

Actually, I used to think that nude beaches were mostly meant for when your sun tanning. Instead of trying to tan as much as possible without showing anything, you could just take the top or bottom off and be tan line free lol

kai028

Experimental Member
Media
matt121: I think one reason guys wear thongs to nude beaches is that they're NOT ALLOWED to wear thongs on regular beaches. Heck, there are some places where you're considered indecent if you're wearing a speedo! I like to wear thongs; I think they look, and definitely FEEL, a lot better than being nude. Way sexier! And I'm not the only one. There are lots of guys who love the look and feel and sensuality of a thong. But, usually, especially in the USA, the only beaches where they're allowed are NUDE beaches. So that's a reason.

parchissi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am a guy who hangs out on a nudist beach all the time. I walk onto the beach in a thong, speedo or what ever and take it off when I get to where I want to set up myself for the day. I must admit I have a swimwear fetish and love the variety of speedos,briefs,thongs etc that are now available for guys. I see alot of guys wearing them and I frankly dont think anyone really gives a damn. Most people go to the nudist beach to be nude - or at least have that option - but also to show off wearing a speedo or thong etc. Sometimes - quite often I think - a guy in a thong or brief speedo can be very sexy and hot. But being nude is always - for me - the best option. Cheers.

Trekrider

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was actually at a nude beach today so I'll give a typical rundown of what everyone with some kind of clothing wore; one guy wore speedos and eventually took them off when he was comfortable to do so...and left them off, another wore board shorts and was extremely careful not to let anyone see his dick when getting dressed after, even though the guy he was with was nude. Another guy had a t shirt on for a bit because of the sun, and I wore just a rashie all day, also because of fair skin and the Aussie sun. No one cared who had anything on or didn't...that's one reason I love that place.

thonglife

Experimental Member
Media
matt121:I think they look, and definitely FEEL, a lot better than being nude. Way sexier! And I'm not the only one. There are lots of guys who love the look and feel and sensuality of a thong.

I agree and feel the same way. I wear them on regular beaches and love the attention. Its legal in more places than many realize.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is a question for guys who wear thongs to nude beaches...

Why do you do this?

I think it looks so ridiculous, I mean its legal to be nude so why bother at all, since a thong isn't really covering anything anyways...

Maybe its just me but I just find either normal speedos, or being au natural more attractive, though I don't like when people wear speedos to the nude beach either, a nude beach is designated as a nude beach for one reason and one reason only, to BE NUDE!!
I think you have to consider that they are wearing them because they want to and not necessarily because they care what anyone else thinks of them.

schs1977

Experimental Member
Media
I have gone to nude beaches in FL many times. I usually wear shorts until I get there then I am nude the rest of the day. I could care less if another guy, gay, bi or straight or a woman see me nude. I am not a pervert, but I have worked very hard on my body and I am very well built (not muscle bound) so I like to show it off.

Perfectsix

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
08CB8A0B-CA66-4348-855C-3AC9F1384F9C.jpeg
I’m an avid nudist and am naked most o the time on beaches but you often have to cross the textiles section of the beach to get to the optional section - hence the thong...the textiles may not want to see me naked but I wear as little as possible when passing through their section.
Even in naturist resorts there are sections when you have to cover up - some bars, cafes etc and that’s when my favourite thong comes out...