Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm 43, and consider myself very average. Just came out of a 12 year monogomous reationship.

I have a personal ad on another website and often get messages from 27 to 33 year olds with awesome bodies, great looks. I cant see what they would see in me so I dont respond or say no thanks.

My question is

If you have an awesome body do you or can you find an average body hot?

I know everyones different and likes different things, its just a general question looking for an individuals perspective. I guess after 12 years with one person I am a little insecure getting back into meeting people.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You'll find people with well looked after bodies can to be the ones which have more insecurities about their own bodies. or have some kind of body dismorphia.
I prefer a natural looking body. It would be incredibly shallow or foolish for someone to grade another persons looks based on their own.

B_debonair87

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like my women fit with a nice ass. Don't care for skinny girls. She doesn't have to look like a fitness model but look like she actually takes care of her body. But her face is what I'd be more focused on.

If someone who is physically fit and attractive is pursuing you don't turn away from them and think they're too hot for you. Go for it.

macho8

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i get that feeling sometimes too.. if someone really hot contacts me.. i say you're way beyond my league... maybe its low self-estime or whatever, but sometimes better not put yourself in such a vulnerable position.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I wonder the same thing. I get contacted by young guys with hot bodies and wonder what the hell is that about. I've changed my strategy a bit and no long "look" for the younger guys but for the older (30-40) guys with average bodies. Six packs are not that interesting to me, believe it or not.

melbbiguy

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks guys, I think I might be a little or a lot insecure but am glad I'm not the only one.

If anyone has tips on overcoming your insecurities more than happy to listen.

I appreciate you time in responding

cheers

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You're overlooking your own good qualities. Some of which (esp. to a younger guy) are your age, stability and maturity. You may not be ripped but you've got a good body there, quite apart from your more obvious attraction. Add all that to someone who's capable of 12 years of monogamy, and I'd say you're quite a catch!

D_Woody_Bush

Account Disabled
Media
Well, as long as your pics in your ad are true, then you have nothing to worry about.
Just go with the flow (if you like any of the respondents); it might just be a fun chat, a one-night stand or a bit of a romance. Don't pre-judge; the other guy(s) are old enough to make up their own minds - so just enjoy the attention and responses.

When I was 30 I met a guy in a bar (who turned out to be 19). In my opinion he was waayyyy too young for me but he persued my all evening. A few drinks later and a bit of nudging from friends I was with and I thought "why not?". Just have a one-night stand and enjoy. Well, it turned into a 3-months affair/romance/thing, he was very sweet and we had fun. So it did not last but I enjoyed it whilst it lasted... Go for it

melbbiguy

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I actually chatted to one of the 20 somethings who has been sending me messages to ask what he saw in someone nearly 20 years older. He actually said he didn't consider age but responded based on how he felt about my pics. ( i will post more and the pics on my profile are me)

He also said that for him the age thing didn't matter becuase he found older guys to be better sexual partners, something along the line of well you have had a lot more years to know what you like, how to do it and he also indicated that he never responded to ads where an older guy actively seeks a younger because he found those guys creepy and hard to get rid of if it was just a one time thing.

He also indicated that getting knock backs from older guys who had issues with age was something that just made him more determined, I guess like a challange. He said I should just relax about it and if I acted on any of these then I might find that some of these younger guys might just be a lot more mature mentally than I give a 24 or 27 year old credit for and you just might hit it off.

On the flip side I also got a response from a 37 year old guy then read his profile...it said like he likes older fatter guys.....how rude..hehehe...needless to say I responded politely with a thanks but no thanks. Really he wasnt my type.

I guess I just need to take a deep breath, take the leap and see where I land...

Really appreciate the feedback and for the kind words.