Question for men, can a woman have too many past sexual partners

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I don't think that quantity is the biggest factor in sexual performance, quality is more important. A woman can have many useless lovers and not learn much or enjoy sex or a woman can only have one talented lover and learn and try everything to become a great lover.

However the higher the quantity of past sexual partners, the more talented lovers she is likely to have had sex with - so quantity is almost as important.

I always hope to find a lover who has had some talented and creative boyfriends, that way, she will really enjoy sex and have experimented with many things. She will try the things that may have turned her ex on which might be new and surprising.

I have trained a virgin up to the way I wanted her (almost!) she was amazing but subsequent lovers have been much better than her. I thank all the talented guys that taught them.

Porterhouse

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
dongalong said:
I don't think that quantity is the biggest factor in sexual performance, quality is more important.

definitely agree with that, for me the qualities that make a woman a good lover are her knowledge of her own body, her openess and her willingness to be adventurous. Just because one or twenty men liked something sure as hell doesn't mean I'm going to like it. on the other hand I don't think I'd be excited to learn I was about to receive the first blowjob a woman was going to give but as long a she had some basic knowledge, some enthusiasm and ability to judge my reaction it should be good to go.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
karmen said:
murray_215:

Yes, there is still a double standard as far as subject is concerned. I definately adopt a "don't ask, don't tell policy."

For females, add 5 to whatever number she gives you.

If you're in L.A., multiply the number your date gives you by 10. This also works for gay men.

For straight men...some women will be honest. Make sure you can handle the answer before you ask the question.

50%more

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Not for me. My second longterm gf had more than 100 partners at the age of 24. I don't think she has had many since. My current gf has definitely had over 100 partners. I have known her as a friend for the past 6 years, And if this rate was applied to her past she has probably had over 150. I have only had about 18 sexual partners in my entire life. I am 41. I am not intimated by this at all.

I am no fool. I realize that a woman can always get laid if she wants to. It is not that easy for guys. And I have always been kind of shy and reserved when it comes to making sexual advances.

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
karmen said:
BigA:

I'm like this. The more he's slept with, the better the sex has gotta be with him. Bring on the sexually experienced lovers. :biggrin1:

Hugs and Kisses,

Karmen

If that's the case, I have some catching up to do:eek::biggrin1:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yongdo said:
Don't know if you realize but you're helping me prove my point about the "little off" thingy. :smile:

I think most people would catergorize what you said, which prompted what she said, as myopic. Many people are uncomfortable with narrowness. That doesn't make them off, and it doesn't do anything for your so-called point.

yongdo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First of all...

most of you people don't laugh alot. I can see that. I am sorry that penis, sex, and blah, blah, blah is such a serious issue to you.

But besides that, you are brainwashed if you think that a woman is as premiscuous [SIC] as men. They are NOT. (is it spelled right? who cares :smile:)

You can prove this to yourself by looking at the lesbian population and comparing it to the gay population. Word has it that the gay guy is getting laid slightly more than your average dyke. Why is that???

Finally, in my politically uncorrect way (which is also me being honest without all the bs we normally have to sling around) I said that I thought a girl was a little off if she approached sex as a guy would. Does that not make sense? Are men and women exactly alike?

Believe me I love it when a woman takes charge and attacks me and is all over me wanting to fuck... But I also think maybe something's wrong with this picture.

Maybe she's a little needy or scary or loopy...

yongdo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
karmen said:
yongdo:

Your lack of insight and enlightenment is overwhelming. It's sort of like a heavy blanket that is smothering the life out of me.
This lady is fighting with someone she has never met and will never meet - a virtual stranger who is "smothering the life" out of her.

How could she let some stranger's opinion smother the life out of her?

That is what I call a "little off".

What would you call it?

I might call it the scary or loopy or needy woman who had sexually jumped my bones last night and who woke with me the following morning. (In fact, I have. :wink:)

karmen

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yongdo said:
This lady is fighting with someone she has never met and will never meet - a virtual stranger who is "smothering the life" out of her.

How could she let some stranger's opinion smother the life out of her?

That is what I call a "little off".

What would you call it?

I might call it the scary or loopy or needy woman who had sexually jumped my bones last night and who woke with me the following morning. (In fact, I have. :wink:)

yongdo:

The whole point about the blanket being a metaphor for your ignorance was completely lost on you. I think that pretty much says it all.

If you are going to quote me or anyone else, use the entire quote, don't pick and chose what you will use and what you will not use while quoting because you think it helps you to make your point.

Also I am not fighting with you, I am trying to help enlighten you and to make you think. But as always, some people chose to remain in the dark.

Lastly, I do have a sense of humor because at this point, I am laughing at you and not with you :wink: .

***By the way, ignorance is defined as a lack of knowledge.***

karmen

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BronxBombshell said:
I think most people would catergorize what you said, which prompted what she said, as myopic. Many people are uncomfortable with narrowness. That doesn't make them off, and it doesn't do anything for your so-called point.

BronxBombshell:

Thank you for the understanding and the support.

Hugs and Kisses,

Karmen

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For some it can be a problem both ways...so difficult to please everyone...:rolleyes:

I really will not ask and hope he does not voluntary give me info about his past - it could come to hunt him because in some cases i have excelent memory :rolleyes: ...but for sure I dont take well people that are any degree of active but irresponsible as not using precautions to protect their sex. Its a real turn of to me and very disgusting, yes, disgusting like leper...for this motive I like to know a person personal habits and than have intimacy anyways.

I dont want rush to die before my time.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It never ceases to amaze me how many straight men will precipitate their own insecurities into "concrete facts" in their own minds, then spew it out as proven research to justify their twisted and imbalanced world view.

No-frills summary:

If you think it's manly for a man to sleep around, and slutty for a woman to sleep around, YOU ARE JUST PLAIN FUCKIN STUPID.

Whatever rules you require in others must also apply to you.

yongdo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC_DEEP said:
If you think it's manly for a man to sleep around, and slutty for a woman to sleep around, YOU ARE JUST PLAIN FUCKIN STUPID.

I am assuming you are speaking to me...

I never said that, ore even implied it. I never said there should be a double standard - but biology and instinct is different between the sexes. Men and women want different things sexually - if you don't underatand that then you are a dim bulb, sir.

I simply said it was more dangerous for a woman to do so and also against her basic nature as well.

But the question the poster asked was: "Question for men, can a woman have too many past sexual partners" - not the opposite.

If you turn the question around and say "Women, can men have too many sexual partners?" I'm sure most women would say: "yes" They don't want to feel like they've slept with the gutter.

[FONT=&quot]Ps. DC, from now on I am going to misspell one word for you so you can quote me with a [sic]. Could you find the misspelled word in this post? Spell checkers not allowed. [/FONT]

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Almost everyone has had more sexual partners than I have, 2, and I am 57 years old. But I have been married for 31 + years. It used to bother me a lot that my wife has had more sexual partners than I have, 6, but the one that bothered me the most was the affair that she had after 14 years of marriage.

Fredneck1951

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
murray_215 said:
I was just wondering if you think a girl can have slept with too many people? I mean guys seem to think the more they sleep with the more of a man they are. I know there is a double standard for women. How many is too many for a woman.

I think for a woman what matters is the timing. If those partners were sequential and not simultaneous, then so what? If she takes precautions so minimize STDs, then so what? If she's faithful to "the one she's with", then so what?

My wife of 31 years had a large number of partners before we met. The positive side was she was highly sexed and had experienced a great variety of men. The negative was she was highly sexed and experienced a great variety of men.

This was in an era when consciousness about STDs was low. Protection was rarely employed, The Pill gave a sense of no-consequence to the act. Herpes II, gonorrhea, chlamidiya, yeast were all bad results. She has experienced numerous health problems because of her prior activity as she has gotten older.

She has, to the best of my knowledge, been faithful to me and that cannot be faulted, although she has a large baseline of comparison when measuring my performance against some of her previous lovers. I can't do much about that, people are people.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Yondo's right btw. Sorry if reality doesn't fit neatly into the way the rest of y'all think it should be. Of course there is a near infinite range of exceptions (Kotchanski). This is as it should be.

But looking at the big evolutionary picture, assuming you believe we inherit behavioral traits from our forebears, generally speaking a male's best strategy for passing down his genes is to spread his seed as far and wide as possible. A female's is to seek out the seeds most likely to survive.

Pretty simple really.

I personally love promiscuous babes. Just pointing out the root basis for society's dim view.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yongdo said:
I am assuming you are speaking to me...
You assume too much. You are not the only one who supported a double-standard view.
I never said that, ore even implied it. I never said there should be a double standard - but biology and instinct is different between the sexes. Men and women want different things sexually - if you don't underatand that then you are a dim bulb, sir.
I'm guessing you are fairly young. For you to say "biology and instinct is different between the sexes" indicates that you really don't know much about either. Careful who you call a dim bulb - I can easily out your level of intelligence. You didn't imply, you outright stated that it is natural for a man to want many partners and for a woman to want just one partner. You can keep repeating yourself as long as you like, but that just does not make it fact. You did imply that a woman with a high sex drive is "a little off" or "a little needy or scary or loopy."
But the question the poster asked was: "Question for men, can a woman have too many past sexual partners" - not the opposite.
Right. And my answer was "yes and no." I was simply saying that neither a man nor a woman should insist upon different standards than they hold for themselves. If a man thinks one previous partner is too many for a woman, then he himself should be a virgin. There just simply is no rationale for a double standard.
[FONT=&quot]Ps. DC, from now on I am going to misspell one word for you so you can quote me with a [sic]. Could you find the misspelled word in this post? Spell checkers not allowed. [/FONT]
If that makes you feel like a big man, go for it. It does not harm me in the least. If you want to be taken seriously, spell correctly.

P. S. If I want to direct a comment specifically at you, I will. Don't otherwise assume anything about me.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Shelby said:
Except truth.

But truth isn't pretty.

Everyone must feel the same and be equal and spew newspeak.
Where do you get your data? Is this truth proven fact, or just your take on what probably makes the most sense to you from an evolutionary standpoint? Where is the empirical evidence?

The persistent attitude and assumptions probably influence self-reporting by both men and women. I've known enough highly-sexed women over the years to know it is not just simply "exception cases." Women DO have sex drives. A couple of people here keep saying "it's a proven fact," but are unwilling (after I've asked at least 6 times) to provide even one citation of these "proven facts." It's like I said before, you seem to have a preconceived notion of "the way things should be" and then make statements that you claim are facts. Where are the numbers?

A friend of mine does investigations into allegations of research misconduct; I've seen examples of all kinds of shoddy, misleading, and downright fraudulent "scientific studies" involving all kinds of research. Claiming facts without citation is, well, fraudulent.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
2+2=4. There's some numbers for you.

Logical reasoning doesn't require statistics to support it.

Just look around. How many human cultures or species can you find where the female has a harem of men (ants and bees come to mind but their queens give birth by the thousands). Now how prevalent is the reverse?

The fact is human females invest far more biological energy into their eggs than males i.e., one per month vs. millions per ejaculate. How difficult is it to understand that from an evolutionary point of view they must be more protective of their reproductive reserve than males?

Niether is better, they're just different.

Nor do I think females necessarily have less of a sex drive. I'm just saying they're predisposed by nature to be more selective

God apparently wasn't sent a copy of the ERA.