Question for Shy Guys...

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Do you prefer a potential partner take the lead when first meeting/dating?

If no, are you comfortable leading with the right person/connection?

If yes, is it just about initiating enough to make you secure in his/her interest, then you bloom, or does initiating always present as a struggle?

I find assertive women attractive huge turn on too.(can be verbal or nonverbal flirting) But personality is important also, if she has some kind of attitude it's a instant turn off..(too much stress.)

But you are asking someone that has never been on a date or had a GF. much less had sex.

I have been asked out a 4 times but I did decline(6 if you count the two guys lol.) This was in the past 4 years.At the time I was kinda depressed so I did not want to bring anyone into my problems .

ClawdineKitten

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm a rather foreword person with people I know well. As it seems I have been the one to start things almost all the time. I think it would be sexy if the guy took the lead once in a while.

D_Bubba_Butter

Account Disabled
Media
I'm generally pretty confident, sometimes in a 'plotting to take over the world' kind of way - which clearly why I'm here. But when it comes to meeting new romantic interests, I can be pretty shy until I get to know them properly. By being shy initially, I think I do develop more confidence in my new partner's interest in a relationship. Also, there are few things hotter than a woman taking control & initiating sex the first time (to me, at least)... & perhaps there's also an element of allowing her to pace things, so I know she's entirely comfortable when we do get intimate...

But once that's sorted, shyness is out of the window.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you prefer a potential partner take the lead when first meeting/dating?

If no, are you comfortable leading with the right person/connection?

If yes, is it just about initiating enough to make you secure in his/her interest, then you bloom, or does initiating always present as a struggle?

I prefer to keep quiet and relax myself when meeting with a potential date.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I prefer to keep quiet and relax myself when meeting with a potential date.
Have you had the experience where a potential partner interprets your reticence as a sign there's no interest? How do you keep quiet but shtill communicate, "hey, I like you" to the potential date?

I'm a rather foreword person with people I know well. As it seems I have been the one to start things almost all the time. I think it would be sexy if the guy took the lead once in a while.

I agree. Which is why I think blooming, when one has the knowledge someone wants to snog them silly, is an important factor in dating shy people - it takes some of the pressure off.

I find assertive women attractive huge turn on too.(can be verbal or nonverbal flirting) But personality is important also, if she has some kind of attitude it's a instant turn off..(too much stress.)

But you are asking someone that has never been on a date or had a GF. much less had sex.

I have been asked out a 4 times but I did decline(6 if you count the two guys lol.) This was in the past 4 years.At the time I was kinda depressed so I did not want to bring anyone into my problems .
I'm not sure where you will find an assertive person without an attitude or a challenging nature at least some of the time - it kind of goes hand-in-hand, Ime. Bitchy = fun. :tongue:

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm not sure where you will find an assertive person without an attitude or a challenging nature at least some of the time - it kind of goes hand-in-hand, Ime. Bitchy = fun. :tongue:

too much attitude and bossing around can be really stressful. There for a turn off.

D_JacqueMiHoff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Quick answers?
Maybe.
Yes.
Yes/No.

I guess it depends on the situation.

I am very shy and anxious when meeting new people. That being said, I don't necessarily need that person to take the lead. All I really need is to feel comfortable being in a person's presence. Once that happens, I can be very flirty and even sort of forward.

When a person is forward with me it actually makes me feel really shy. I mean, even if I really want to kiss someone, if they initiate it I will blush like crazy. Same if they start paying me compliments. This is not to say that it's a turn off because it isn't. It just sort of takes me aback. I think one of the hard aspects of shyness is not being sure how to handle attention, even when it's positive.

This--is it just about initiating enough to make you secure in his/her interest, then you bloom--is very much true for me. Make me feel at ease and it all comes out.

Everything this dude just said except for the blushing part.

minimag

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What makes you seem bcreepy?

That's a loooong story. Imagine a 30-something that has never been comfortable in his own skin, not even for a split second. Add in several fun "personality disorders" and a loooong family history of alcoholism and mental illness (including schizophrenics and bi-polars).