Question for Str8 Guys on Rimming

canon

Sexy Member
Media
Sorry this is taboo land for me. I am extremely liberal and open-minded about sex but the butthole is taboo. If you witnessed hepatitis on a daily basis as I do you would feel the same. I know of 7 people that have died from it in the past six months and others are sick. Drugs for some types can cost over $2000 per month. Sorry, I don't care how clean they are it's taboo for me. It's like playing russian roulette...sooner or later your odds are going to run out.

MattBrick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's one thing that kind of grosses me out actually. No offense of course. I only heard about it recently.

But, if that's something you like, just tell her.

You;re much more comfortable trying new things with eachother, and telling eachother what you like when you are married/monagamous long term. I'd let her do it to me, if that was something she wanted to try, although, I don't think she would :)

hungthickdc

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry this is taboo land for me. I am extremely liberal and open-minded about sex but the butthole is taboo. If you witnessed hepatitis on a daily basis as I do you would feel the same. I know of 7 people that have died from it in the past six months and others are sick. Drugs for some types can cost over $2000 per month. Sorry, I don't care how clean they are it's taboo for me. It's like playing russian roulette...sooner or later your odds are going to run out.

I feel compelled to address your post since I believe it is misleading. Hepatitis is a serious disease but generally only fatal in people who are already suffering other illness such as HIV/AIDS. Comparing rimming to Russian Roulette is a bit of an overstatement.

There are 3 main types of Hepatitis: A, B, and C.

Hep A is transmitted through fecal matter and is RARELY fatal. It is commonly transmitted via food. Symptoms vary and typically last no longer than 2 months. Once you have Hep A, you are immune for life. This is the one (as opposed to Hep B or C) that you are most likely to contract from rimming. Casual contact with someone with Hep A is totally safe.

Hep B is transmitted in a similar fashion as HIV although it is easier to contract. Some believe that it can be transmitted via saliva (deep kissing), while others insist that it takes contact with blood/semen/vaginal fluids. As with Hep A, symptoms vary and are typically worse as you get older. Hep B is a serious disease however 95% of those infected recover fully with no lingering effects of the disease (and are immune for life). The other 5% (those whose body was unable to build up antibodies to eradicate the virus) become chronic carriers of the disease and can suffer long term issues such as cirrhosis and liver cancer.

Hep C is not as common as Hep A & B and is transmitted through the blood. Sexual transmission is not common. Typically it is transmitted via blood transfusion or sharing needles... thus it's found more frequently in intravenous drug users. There is no cure for Hep C although it can be treated.

The good news is that there is a vaccine for both Hep A & B. (Hepatitis is the only STD to which there is a vaccine.) For those of you born within the last 20 years or so (in the U.S.), you may have already received the vaccines as they are becoming more and more common.

The vaccines require a total of 3 injections over a period of 6 months. I would urge any sexually active people out there to get the vaccines.