Question for straight men about bisexual men

D_CountVonBhigBohner

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually, I'm attracted sexually and emotionally to both women and men....as I am with white or black....

some people just like to fuck anything. we're all sexual beings and some people just find both males and females attractive. i don't see the big deal. there are married couples who take guys home and the husband gets involved.

ummm we'll i'm black dancing is pretty big in my community

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People are people - I don't care if you are bi, gay or straight. If I like and respect you as a person, your sexual orientation would have virtually no impact on our relationship.

^^^THIS^^^
Sentiment dittoed and in AOL style, spammed to all friend's inboxes. ;>

I couldn't care less if someone i met (male or female) were in fact gay, straight or bi. I care more about the type of person they are. Whether they're friendly or not. If we have things in common...blah blah blah. Never really understood the whole idea of there being a gay, bi and straight type of personality.

And more of this drizzled in for good measure. Stirred, simmered, served piping hot with a side of napalm for good measure.

We like labels, categories, jars and containers. We use them frequently to be able to better codify and explain our Universe in terms that are "bite sized" but unfortunately, with such low sample resolution - ends up getting much too garbled and noisy. We FORGET the intent of such cataloging and tend to focus more on the label.

Gay/Bi/Straight - unfortunate labels that tend to get layered atop of "Brother", "Sister", "Family" and "Friend".

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you for the response. But this isn't really an answer to the question I'm raising. You're preaching to the choir. I already know everything you wrote here. I do not, however, know how straight males perceive bisexual males. And that's why I asked. That's the question I asked. I didn't ask if we "should" or "shouldn't" categorize people. I asked for help dealing with the reality that we DO categorize people.

why are you so concerned with what a straight man thinks of you? That's weird.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Well, the point I was making is that I don't really have to justify anything. I can ask whatever question I like. I've already sort of answered this question anyway, though.

To start, I'm not "so" concerned what straight men think of me. It's not a major concern. At base, my question stems from the following factors:

* During periods of my upbringing, particularly my childhood and tween years, I was so effeminate in manner, and often had long hair, so that people actually assumed I was a girl.

* By high school, people were often assuming I was gay.

So, I have it lodged in my brain that I am either taken as a girl or a gay man. But lately, straight men are taking me as one of their own. This is a major surprise for me. This leads me to wonder the question I ask in this thread title.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I'm very pretty. I'm not playing. I don't show my face in any of my pictures. But I'm on par with, say, Simon Rex in terms of prettiness in the face. That kind of prettiness on a young, slim, pre-pubescent build, plus effeminate behavior, made me seem like a girl when I was younger. Now, I'm just a good looking man.