Question for the Buff men of the Board

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Here's a question to the buff and beautiful men of the board.
Keep it real, as Im honestly lookin for help here...

Do you feel your bodies come to you naturally, and you don't have to do much to maintain, OR are you constantly dieting, counting every calorie, and devoting all of your spare time to working out?

I've been dealing with my weight issue since I was a little kid, and really want to trim up.
I have a very sneeky suspicion that Genetics will not let this happen, as my dad's side of the family are all "Husky", and I am the weight my dad was, when he was my age. Being 6'1" and wide shoulders, Im tipping the scales at 230.

I've tried to limit my caloric intake, but with stress of work, it seems that if I dont eat a thing, I pile on pounds of weight.
Plus if I diet eat, my stomach tortures me. (Drinking straight water sends me into acid attacks)

Im really tired of being the misfit toy passed up by every boy, and would give anything to make a sexy appearance at upcoming holiday parties, plus feel good about myself for once.

I have all the equipment to work out, but no physical or mental energy to do it.
(Bowflex, nautilus, bench, nordictrac...etcetc.. all dusty)

I guess my questions would be:
1. Do you think Genetics would limit ones physical appearance?
2. Where do you find the energy and drive to work out?

Thanks for lending me your ear.
C

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Rikter8@Aug 19 2005, 02:14 AM
well, I suppose I qualify for the former criterion, even if I miss the latter by some margin...

Do you feel your bodies come to you naturally, and you don't have to do much to maintain
[post=336564]Quoted post[/post]​
if you're talking basic muscle mass and tone, then yeah, certainly. I do work out every couple days, but 75% of it is cardiovascular shit, cos my muscles have always pretty much taken care of themselves ... with the frustrating exception of my abs (similarly, I run every day, but I only do weights and stuff when I work out).

and yeah, I'm quite sure it's a genetic predisposition; I've been this way since I was like 10 or 11. given my freakishly heavy bone structure and other physiological anomalies, I'm probably more "naturally" predisposed towards a muscular physique than most people, although I would guess that it's a spectrum with examples at both extremes. I mean, I'll never be skinny or well-proportioned either :(

Where do you find the energy and drive to work out?
:shrug: if I don't exercise regularly, I eventually start getting lethargic and cranky. well, crankier. I kinda assumed that applied to everyone to some degree. I also suspect that the fact that I've been fortunate enough to live through several long-term and/or life-threatening illnesses makes me subconsciously inclined to enjoy relative good health while I can, but who knows. I just prefer being fit to being lazy, I guess (although that's not to say I don't enjoy being lazy as well...)

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
**WARNING ... LONG POST AHEAD**

Rikter -- I lift weights five days a week and am fairly muscular ... 5'7" and 205 lbs. I'm also very active otherwise, generally swimming laps 2-3 times a week, biking about 25 miles 1-2 times a week, and hiking, kayaking, skiing and snowshoeing in season.

Genetics provides you with a range of possible builds; where you actually end up within that range depends on activity level and diet. I tend to be fairly broad or "big-boned" and gain weight, either muscle or fat, fairly easily. Because of this I know I'll never have six-pack abs or weigh exactly what "experts" prescribe for my height.

I think it's most important to look at your general build and genetics and be realistic about what is achievable. There's nothing more discouraging and sure to kill an exercise regimen than going in with expectations that you'll never meet.

Another thing that can help you stay on track is finding someone in your life who is fit/healthy to serve as a role model and help keep you focused on your goal. Believe it or not, in my case this is my grandmother, who is 80 but looks 55-60 and is in great health. She still swims laps, skis, golfs, plays tennis, bowls, hikes, etc., etc. She was thrilled to turn 70 because she could downhill ski for free. A coupla weeks ago she went whitewater rafting with us to mark her 80th. You get the idea. Seeing what all the activity has done for her over the decades was what initially spurred me to get off the sofa ... I still wanna be skiing at 70 and rafting at 80!!

As far as how much "work" is required to stay fit: Yes, you'll probably need to develop the discipline to get to the gym multiple days a week. I find this is hardest when you first start a regimen; after about 1-3 months you become a bit "addicted" to working out such that you feel cranky and lethargic without it, as Dr Rock said. You mentioned having Bowflex, Nordictrac, etc., at home; frankly, as motivated and disciplined as I am, I've never succeeded in keeping up with an "at-home" exercise routine like those. I think you just need to forget your dusty equipment and go ahead and join a gym -- something about getting out of the house for your exercise, and making this a part of your daily "schedule," seems to work wonders for actually sticking with it. If your home is your gym it's just too easy to goof off and watch TV/read/sleep/surf the LPSG instead.

Whether at the gym or not, you'll need to find exercise that you enjoy ... forcing yourself to do unpleasant things won't get you anywhere, as you won't keep up with it. I personally hate jogging, so I don't even bother trying. I prefer swimming for my cardio, as I find it very relaxing and great for clearing my mind. I also love being outdoors, so I look more to some of the outdoor activities I mentioned above that are not only healthy but add to my quality of life.

As far as diet ... I naturally gravitate toward a healthy diet anyway so I don't feel like staying on track there requires a lot of "work" at all. One thing I have always tended to find is that there seems to be something self-perpetuating about diet, meaning once I start eating a certain way I tend to keep eating that way. If I go through a few weeks where I eat out a lot and have more unhealthy stuff than usual, I do have to make a conscious decision to snap out of it. As with hitting the gym, I think you'll find that once you get over that initial "hump" you'll find it easier than you think to stick with a decent diet.

I'd say if you have trouble dieting and feel hungry all the time, especially at this time of year, trying adding a lot of fruit to your diet. It's the prime season so it'll taste great, and pretty much all fruit is so low in calories that it's essentially a dietary freebie. Keep fruit washed and diced up and all ready in your fridge so that you can grab it as a snack whenever, instead of chips or candy.

So in short, yes, it DOES take a fair amount of work to get/stay fit ... but it doesn't feel that way if you find types of exercise and healthy foods that you really LIKE so that they don't feel like drudgery. For motivation you just need to keep your eyes on the prize: a healthy, better-looking you. If you do start an intensive workout regimen, start weighing yourself and taking bodily measurements often; once you start to see the results (which should be within a month if you're really serious about it) those will be hugely motivating in keeping you going.

Sorry this is so long-winded but I hope it helps ... happy to continue the discussion here or via PM/IM if you want.

Steve :happy:

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Steve26@Aug 19 2005, 03:47 PM
once you start to see the results (which should be within a month if you're really serious about it) those will be hugely motivating in keeping you going.

Steve :happy:
[post=336681]Quoted post[/post]​

Great post Steve26!

Like Steve said, it may take you awhile to see results, but once you do you'll really become motivated and even addicted to it.

D_Cliebert_Chodechoker

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Rikter8@Aug 18 2005, 08:14 PM
Keep it real, as Im honestly lookin for help here...

Do you feel your bodies come to you naturally, and you don't have to do much to maintain, OR are you constantly dieting, counting every calorie, and devoting all of your spare time to working out?

I've been dealing with my weight issue since I was a little kid, and really want to trim up.
I have a very sneeky suspicion that Genetics will not let this happen, as my dad's side of the family are all "Husky", and I am the weight my dad was, when he was my age. Being 6'1" and wide shoulders, Im tipping the scales at 230.

I've tried to limit my caloric intake, but with stress of work, it seems that if I dont eat a thing, I pile on pounds of weight.
Plus if I diet eat, my stomach tortures me. (Drinking straight water sends me into acid attacks)

Im really tired of being the misfit toy passed up by every boy, and would give anything to make a sexy appearance at upcoming holiday parties, plus feel good about myself for once.

I have all the equipment to work out, but no physical or mental energy to do it.
(Bowflex, nautilus, bench, nordictrac...etcetc.. all dusty)

I guess my questions would be:
1. Do you think Genetics would limit ones physical appearance?
2. Where do you find the energy and drive to work out?

Thanks for lending me your ear.
C
[post=336564]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey,

Genetics do take part in how muscular u can become. I am a bodybuilder, but some tips to lose weight would be these.
1. Drink diet soda, if u cant stand diet soda limit your actual soda intake. A good rule of thumb would be to have 3 glasses or 3 bottles water to 1 can of soda. As far as acid attacks u could eat a citrus friut to counter this.

2. If you eat to help your stress levels try eating half of your snack if you must snakc then drink a whole glass of water. That should fill you up and hold you until lunch or your next meal. Try only snacking once a day if you are hungry drink a glass of water. If that doesnt do it and you just cant wait until you next meal then like i stated above have a snack but choose healthy snacks such as fruit a bananna and a bottled water will fill your stomach up i promise.

3. DO NOT EAT BEFORE YOU GO TO BED. This is automatic fat gain. You eat bc your body needs fuel which is what your food is fuel for your body. If you take in food(fuel) when your body doesnt need it (aka befroe bed) then your body will store the calories as fat. Give yourself at least an hour or an hour n a half after eating before you try to go to sleep.

Also if your trying to diet the BEST diet book out their is called the "formula 40-30-30"
read through it 2 times before you start i guarentee that if u follow this diet you will lose weight. This isnt a crash diet or n e thing like that its a healthy energy giving easy way to eat. Once you get on it and understand why it works you will know every time your eating healthy and when your not. If you have questions PM me about the diet if you like. BUT DO BUT THE BOOK ITS WORTH THE LITTLE BIT OF MONEY.

ALSO......
Steve posted ideas that will work also so if you get tired of one move to another. Once u start eating healthier your energy levels will be much higher and you will prefer healthy foods over bad ones just for the energy difference youll notice.

nark29

Just Browsing
Media
Well i feel i'm in the best shape of my life, and i think Genetics does have to deal with your shape/size the most. I lift weights usually daily for atleast 1-3hours, except for when football season starts (which it has). And i'm also in track, and running deffinitly gets you to lose pounds fast, or any activity you do alot of, like steve talked about swimming. After a football practice or track practice i've usually lost around 3-4lbs.

My genetics doesn't let me have a huge frame or anything though, since everybody on my moms and dads side are relativly small. So i'm sure your results will vary compared to mine, but as hard as it is to get motivated, just find that one thing that can get you pumped. When i watch boxing on tv, or an old football game i get pumped up as all get out. Perhaps looking at a picture or in the mirror at your current shape you can get pumped to get in the shape you want. Or think about any pass bullys or troubles you've had with your shape, and if you really have that want/drive to get in better shape then you'll be able to keep on top of it all and after awhile weather you realize it or not, you'll see some amazing results. Last year i could only lift 175lbs, and this year i weigh the same but am putting up around 235lbs. I don't feel a difference, but it's there.

The hardest part is keeping motivated and not feeling bad for yourself and quiting or not going hard enough, just start getting the stuff with less fat, and have more healthy choices, try to elimanate unwanted fat from your diet.

BuffMusicIdol

Just Browsing
Media
I was alway very skinny growing up and my father was muscular. I took from my mom's side, tall and skinny. My dad tormented me ruthlessly about being skinny. When I finally hit my 40's and gained a little self esteem, I was determined, no matter what, I was going to make my body the best it could be for my body type. I have actually surprised myself. My genetic predispositon is to be skinny and not gain muscle. That's due to my inability to absorb and assimilate nutrients, which has taken years to work with. However, for being nearly 50, I think I have surprised myself most, because my friends and family act as if I have always had a "nearly perfect Adonis-like body." That is a big "WHAT EVER" to me, since it is a struggle to retain mass and lose fat. Yes, now I struggle with fat.

I think Steve26 has great points, but the biggest one to me is that it's the persistence and consistency that will yield you gratifying results. If you're in it for the long haul, your bound to make good results in time.

One of my favorite body builders is "old" Frank Zane, of whom it was always said in his younger days he was too much a hard gainer to really be a die-hard body builder, and I think he has one of the most incredible physiques of all. He is a true Adonis in my book. He writes about his DECADES of persistence to make what he felt was REAL progress.

Yes, you have to be a bit obssessive, but when you finally get to the point, it's a rush that you decide you need several times a week. I'm glad I finally developed the need for the rush. It's great.

Dont' give up. Just keep trying. Even once a week is better than not at all. Keep going from there.

:hi:

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to add one thing. You should have your doctor let you go to a medical nutritionist. Insurance most likely pays. You would be surprised as to what most people think is healthy eating. Works with the idea that everything (except fat) breaks down into burnable simple sugar... The rate at which this break down happens determines the high or low sugar level in your blood stream. The higher the "quick burn" happens the less time your body can use it and it becomes stored as fat. Many things that seem healthy have a quick burn rate. So the nutritionist helps you examine your diet and find slower burning food. You can't believe how simple this is to understand and how quick your body can change. It is so overlooked in diet and exercise and can be the answer for many.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Genetics has worked against me for some time now. I've got the skinny frame that Buff mentioned, and I've actually tried to eat junk and sit on my ass just to gain weight (it hasn't worked). Also, since my frame is so skinny and I can't hold mass, I don't have anything to generate significant degrees of muscle mass. I've gained a couple pounds over the summer so now I'm between 145-150lbs at 5'11".

One tip for you Rikter, I had a friend that completely stopped drinking pop. He also watched his food intake and was a little more active, but he lost 40 or 50lbs. It may have just been what worked with him, but it's something to throw out there.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Altairion@Aug 20 2005, 11:51 PM
Genetics has worked against me for some time now. I've got the skinny frame that Buff mentioned, and I've actually tried to eat junk and sit on my ass just to gain weight (it hasn't worked). Also, since my frame is so skinny and I can't hold mass, I don't have anything to generate significant degrees of muscle mass. I've gained a couple pounds over the summer so now I'm between 145-150lbs at 5'11".

One tip for you Rikter, I had a friend that completely stopped drinking pop. He also watched his food intake and was a little more active, but he lost 40 or 50lbs. It may have just been what worked with him, but it's something to throw out there.
[post=336954]Quoted post[/post]​

its not POP goddammit. its SODA. ;)

mavedick

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by dcwrestlefan@Aug 20 2005, 09:31 PM
its not POP goddammit. its SODA. ;)
[post=336977]Quoted post[/post]​

NO! It's neither! POP is a sound made by heated corn, and SODA comes in a yellow box. Those carbonated sugar solutions are COLD DRINKS. Nothing tells you what part of America an American is from better than what he calls COLD DRINKS!

inwait8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Im sorry, are you talking about a "Soft Drink" aka "Soda". After all a "cold drink" could be an alcoholic beverage. Having said my part on the correct term for a carbonated beverage I think we need to bring this post back on topic.

BlastOff123

Experimental Member
Media
Agree with most of the above: don't eat late, don't use alcohol or any drugs, eat quality food, little meat and watch the bad carbs!!!!!! Genetics certainly is a major factor.
You ask, where do you get the energy? After a long day at work, it's hard sometimes to get up and get moving. But, I have a cup of freshly brewed strong tea, and I'm ready to go.
Diets: NONE of them is going to work for long. ALL diets have drawbacks and most people fail on them, and try another. Don't think the publishers don't know it. If you need a book to guide you, there are two that I think are really good, practical, and encouraging. Bill Phillips' is good as is Frank Sepe's, if you want to get buff, in shape, lose fat. If you just want to lose weight and increase energy (no laughing here) try Richard Simmons. He is very down to earth and practical.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rikter...

You have all the equipment at home gathering dust. Get your ass to the gym. I think home gyms are only for people like Oprah who can afford a couple of trainers at $100,000 a pop to come over and motivate the workout.

Why a gym? Think shared pain and similiar goals. Besides, there is camraderie among those suffering on the cardio machines; and by the time you head home the endorphins have kicked in....and it is time to feel good about yourself.

I have a similiar build to my father and bros....lanky. I am sure that genetics plays a part in fitness and weight control, but all my life I have tried to have a good daily workout. For me, a trip to the gym means burning 1500 to 2000 calories such as 900 on the eliptical trainer, 150 - 200 walking to cool down, 500 lifting, and maybe 200 in a cool down walk. A decade ago, my football coach said "A good workout should end with eating something; to rebuild, the body needs calories, calcium, and protein." Some end their workout with a protein shake...not for me, they make me gassy. I have sugar free yogurt or even the last piece of pizza in the fridge.

At 6'4" my best ever weight was 210...still lanky but muscular. Presently, I am 185 and awfully skinny.....Yea, I have abs but every rib is visible....not a pretty sight.

Like Dr. Rock....without my cardio, I am CRANKY.

jay

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Guess I could learn something off you guys. I'm considering going possibly with my brother to a cheapo gymn (we're poor students). I can build up strength, muscle tone, but not build. Then again, that's for the truely elite. 50 push ups is enough for me I feel! (My dad is a fan of the chair method, he's older than God but stronger than anyone I know).

To answer Rikter's question, ain't "that" buff, and I feel that women are after my shining personality more than looks, but I think the best thing about fitness is the rush you get afterwards, never say die and all that sort of thing. It's quite exciting to push oneself to breaking point and it's very rare when I can say "woah, that's decent!" (that was a massive all-day hike though).

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by mavedick@Aug 20 2005, 11:43 PM
Those carbonated sugar solutions are COLD DRINKS.

Not if those carbonated sugar solutions are room-temperature. And what about those beverages that have aspartame or Splenda instead of sugar ... do they cease to qualify?

For what it's worth, in my part of the US, it's all called COKE ... regardless of the actual brand name.

Now on topic: I would think that genetics plays a big part because genetics determines one's somatotype. I am a mesomorph, so I put on muscle fairly easily. An endomorph can work out five times as long and as strenuously as I do and never attain the muscle mass that I have. I'm lucky in that. Ectomorphs have it even worse. While all somatotypes can become more fit and improve their physique, they will not all be able to achieve identical results. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't strive to reach what level you can. Every improvement of your physique will make you healthier physically and mentally. Knowing that you're on your way to looking fitter than you've looked before is a great confidence booster.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Much of the above is excellent advice, but one of the most important things you can do is GET A WORKOUT BUDDY!!!!! Make an agreement to work out together, and stick to it. You can encourage each other and keep each other motivated. It also helps your pace your workout, at the gym or at home. It really is more enjoyable and less like work if you have someone with you. You do some reps, then rest while he does some reps, and alternate and encourage each other.

Spork

1st Like
Media
To lose weight you must exercise aerobically. If you diet but don't exercise, you lose muscle along with the fat. Plus, your body thinks it's starving and it becomes even harder to lose weight.

I find it best to exercise in the morning.

For me, the most fun exercise is riding a bicycle. It's not nearly as hard on my knees as running and I don't have to go to a gym.

You don't need an expensive bike or any Lycra clothes. The cheaper and heavier the bike, the more exercise you get. Just hop on and ride around for half an hour or so. Don't worry about pushing yourself to ride fast, just get out and ride.

Even better start running short errands on it. Instead of driving to the drugstore or the supermarket, ride your bike.

Also, stop drinking soda and eating french fries. Drink water and eat anything else you want.

If you do both these things, you will lose weight.

Philly05

Experimental Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
When it comes to losing fat, the answer lies primarily with your diet. For me personally, Ive never been one for well cooked meals or deserts, I am very content with cottage cheese and fruit or chicken salad. The best way to start down the path of fitness is to switch to complex carb and protein rich foods such as egg whites, oatmeal, cottage cheese, chicken, and vegetable stir frys. Make it a point to get out and start walking each day working your way up to jogging/ wind sprints which get your heart pumping. And start trying old school lifts emphasizing total body stimulation. Work on squats, cleans, dumbbell swings and benching. Intrinsic motivation is nearly impossible to develop without external pressure to begin with so as others have said, I would find somebody, whether it be a trainer, or a buddy who likes to workout, to get you started. Genetics really does not limit anyone's potential although for some, it makes things much more difficult.

cjb76

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow... It's always amazing to see how everyone thinks of diet and exercise, being a professional in the industry (which of course is mostly BS sales to lure people into contracts, it's why I shift to the education/academic route).

Coming from being overweight as a teen and say 18-20% bf and about 140lbs... without any genetics (mom's obese, dad is a small guy) I hold below 10% and am about 175-180, and have gotten up to 190 solid ( just didn't like how it looked) now mostly focusing on gymnastics at the ripe old age of 29 and learning the rings to reshape what I have.

Anyway.... myths abound.. but there are lots of truths in some of the statements... if you rely on cardio to lose weight, you'll just end up catabolizing muscle tissue and becoming a smaller fat person with a slower metabolism.... cutting calories, and with 2-3 days your body will adapt to think it's having to go for the long haul and slow down as well, and you'll have to learn to survive at that calorie level forever, since once you go above you'll put on weight and studies show, you'll put on even more since your metabolism is slower then when you started.

Pop/soda/cold drink...lol.. well the HFCS in it and lots of other products is basically pure evil... high fructose corn syrup was added to the American diet around 1980.... since it was a cheaper sweetener then real sugar... it's easier to be stored as fat and since it's concentrated fructose (versus real fruit where'd you'd have to eat 10 apples to get the same ... but there'd you'd get the fiber and nutrients) your body can't handle it easily.

But wait.. isn't that when Obesity started to rise?? yes yes... coincidence I think not... but it's also cause since it was so cheap... that soda at Subway they make you buy to get the free sandwich costs them about 5 cents, so it's also when the larger sizes came about to.. since a large soda used to be the current Medium.

So don't worry about counting calories.... go with focusing on nutrients.. and don't combine large amounts of carbs and fats in the same meal... you are giving your body two energy sources at the same time... and since carbs are easier to burn, and your body wants to use the least amount of energy to survive... carbs get used and the fat you eat with it gets stored... so if you're gonna have steak, think Atkins style Protein and fat meals... if you want pasta, well you gotta go AHA and go low-fat... the less processed the better, so if it's in a box, don't eat it... adding veggies or fruit ( and I'm talking an amount the size of your palm, so it's really not alot ) to every meal will do wonders for energy and overall health.

as far as working out.... focus on building muscle... and if you do feel you're eating less you want low reps....why not high reps??? well high reps will end up causing more stress to your body and you're not eating enough for recovery, so in the end you'll overtaxing your system overall and feel burned out... it also causes more muscle damage.. so in the end your body will just not rebuild it out of survival since high reps aren't a big stimulus to tell your body you need the muscle to survive... so 5 sets of 5 is an easy rule of thumb.. train for pure strength and your body will keep it's muscle and you'll become more dense as you get leaner.

If you choose cardio.. then you need to do short 10-20min max interval type training... wind sprints are best totally ten minutes 3x a week will get you lean, but if you can't handle that intensity yet... just go balls out on a stationary bike for 30s-60s then easy for 1-2 min. repeat 4-5x times and you're done in 12. This helps keep muscle and hype the metabolism... slow and steady 40 min stuff and your body thinks it's crossing a desert.. so why keep extra muscle weight and make the long walk harder... so it'll breakdown muscle as much as fat for evergy.

here's some overall simple rules to follow EVERY time you eat.... if you follow it 90% of the time so it leaves once a day to screw up or an entire day off each week.

1. Eat every 2-3 hours, no matter what. You should eat between 5-8 meals per day.

2. Eat complete (containing all essential amino acids), lean protein with each meal.

3. Eat fruits and/or vegetables with each food meal.

4. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and
vegetables.Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.

5. Ensure that 25-35% of your energy intake comes from fat, with your fat intake split equally between saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g., olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. flax oil, salmon oil).

6. Drink only non-calorie containing beverages, the best choices being water and green tea.

7. Eat mostly whole foods (except workout and post-workout drinks).

These aren’t the newest techniques from the latest cutting-edge plan. Rather, they are simple, time-tested, no nonsense habits that you need to get into when designing a good eating program.
So what about calories, or macronutrient ratios, or any number of other things? The short answer is that if you aren’t already practicing the above-mentioned habits, and by practicing them I mean putting them to use over 90% of the time (i.e., no more than 4 meals out of an average 42 meals per week violate any of those rules), everything else is pretty pointless.

Hope that clears up a lot of misconceptions and myths... and trust me this is the underground answers that people that are bodybuilders to high level athletes are adhering to... the guys and PhD's that all this are pulled from just deal with those types since they're not wanting to fight the billion dollar drug companies or food companies to get the real info out there. I mean you can't patent a fish. and try and fight the food pyramid, which has Dairy industry and the like painted all over it.