Question for the Buff men of the Board

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
Rikter,

There is lots of good advice in the thread. The one thing I would add that I don't think anyone mentioned is if you're having problems losing weight and in your mind you're eating properly and should be losing pounds and inches, then why not keep a food + activity diary?

Write down everything you eat and the time of day you consume it. Use that same approach with your activity. Track that for at least a month (to get a representative sample) and if you're still not getting the results you want, make an appointment with (first) a doctor and perhaps (second) a nutritionist. Doing that can at least eliminate if you have something medical that is suddenly interfering with your weight loss attempts.

If $$$ is tight and a doctors visit and possible bloodwork isn't really a possibility, do try the nutritionist. One hospital in my city will let you meet with one on an occasional basis and charge a nominal fee (even does it for free if you can demonstrate you're a person of limited means). Maybe you could find someone else like that near where you live.

Good luck, let us know how things go.

Steve

BuffMusicIdol

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by dcwrestlefan+Aug 21 2005, 03:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dcwrestlefan &#064; Aug 21 2005, 03:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Altairion@Aug 20 2005, 11:51 PM
Genetics has worked against me for some time now. I&#39;ve got the skinny frame that Buff mentioned, and I&#39;ve actually tried to eat junk and sit on my ass just to gain weight (it hasn&#39;t worked). Also, since my frame is so skinny and I can&#39;t hold mass, I don&#39;t have anything to generate significant degrees of muscle mass. I&#39;ve gained a couple pounds over the summer so now I&#39;m between 145-150lbs at 5&#39;11".

One tip for you Rikter, I had a friend that completely stopped drinking pop. He also watched his food intake and was a little more active, but he lost 40 or 50lbs. It may have just been what worked with him, but it&#39;s something to throw out there.
[post=336954]Quoted post[/post]​

its not POP goddammit. its SODA. ;)
[post=336977]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

West vs. East.
In the south it&#39;s all Coke.
"Would you like a Coke with your meal?"
"Yes."
"What kind?"
"Diet Pepsi, please."

It&#39;s carbonated, and turns your bones to powder, that&#39;s all I know. :shrug:

BuffMusicIdol

Just Browsing
Media
Wait.
I didn&#39;t read all the posts on this thread, and somebody may have already covered this, but what about hypo thyroid? That will kill anyone&#39;s ability to effectively cut fat. (including mine. I have hypo thyroid now that I&#39;m an old fart.)

Sorry if it&#39;s been posted already. I don&#39;t have time to read everybody&#39;s poop.

:hi:

BuffMusicIdol

Just Browsing
Media
Okay, so I&#39;m overposting.
Deal with it.

Rikter, have you gotten the slightest impression that EVERYBODY here wants you to SUCCEED????

Dude, you are NOT obligated to let us know about your progress, but damn, boy, you BETTER let us know&#33;&#33;

:hi:

Okay, off to other subjects. More people to pester here than just those who posted on this thread.

Keep us posted, puhleeeeezze.

:loveya:

colleguy1

Just Browsing
Media
OMG&#33;&#33; after reading the initial post I felt as if I had written it. The description that you put about yourself, body, eating habits, and dust on the workout equipment. I swear we could be related. I&#39;ve been trying to eat healthier and excercise more often but I just keep making excuses for myself as to why I need to continue eating the things I eat. I guess some of us are just not meant to be the "ideal" body type and I guess over the course of my life I have come to accept that. Not to say that change is impossible, but food is an addicition. Before trying different diets I never knew how people could do destructive things to their bodies like drug abuse or smoking, but after seeing diet after diet fail I can sympathize with them and tell you all that until you do it changing your lifestyle is the hardest thing you&#39;ll ever do.

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Hi there,

I think the question also concerns me, at 6&#39;3" and 220lbs (at the moment), I think I can put myself into the buff category.

So far, I haven&#39;t encountered weight problems, though I really don&#39;t take much care of what I eat - I mostly either eat out or go to the take away, since my cooking skills equal zero point something, and it can become very late until I get home on most nights - evening courses can be stressful. Moreover, I eat whatever is on the menu, and don&#39;t distinguish between "healthy" and "unhealthy" food, so one could say I&#39;m every food scientist&#39;s DON&#39;T-example.

On the other hand, I work out pretty much, about an hour every morning, and have a very physical job, so the weight I put on is mostly muscle, and hardly fat. I don&#39;t do any body fat measurings any more since I&#39;m out of HS sports, and am pretty okay with my body - no flab, but not obscenely muscular either. The workout I do is a combination of jogging, ocean swimming and boxing, plus some occasional weightlifting, balancing between strength and stamina pretty much.

How much you put on - and in what way - may depend on age, I guess. I&#39;m 22, and if you&#39;re older, it may get harder for you to keep control of your shape, so I&#39;ll not give you any advice, and will just state my own experience, as told above.

Bruce

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[attachmentid=647]
Originally posted by Rikter8@Aug 18 2005, 10:14 PM
Here&#39;s a question to the buff and beautiful men of the board.
Keep it real, as Im honestly lookin for help here...

Do you feel your bodies come to you naturally, and you don&#39;t have to do much to maintain, OR are you constantly dieting, counting every calorie, and devoting all of your spare time to working out?

I&#39;ve been dealing with my weight issue since I was a little kid, and really want to trim up.
I have a very sneeky suspicion that Genetics will not let this happen, as my dad&#39;s side of the family are all "Husky", and I am the weight my dad was, when he was my age.  Being 6&#39;1" and wide shoulders, Im tipping the scales at 230.

I&#39;ve tried to limit my caloric intake, but with stress of work, it seems that if I dont eat a thing, I pile on pounds of weight.
Plus if I diet eat, my stomach tortures me. (Drinking straight water sends me into acid attacks)

Im really tired of being the misfit toy passed up by every boy, and would give anything to make a sexy appearance at upcoming holiday parties, plus feel good about myself for once.

I have all the equipment to work out, but no physical or mental energy to do it.
(Bowflex, nautilus, bench, nordictrac...etcetc.. all dusty)

I guess my questions would be:
1. Do you think Genetics would limit ones physical appearance?
2. Where do you find the energy and drive to work out?

Thanks for lending me your ear.
C
[post=336564]Quoted post[/post]​

Well for me ...genetics....does appy when it comes to ones appearance. Thats all. Some men are more prone to be more muscular than others. I come from a family of men who are tall and thin. So, for me I have worked very hard, to obtain the body I have today. No I&#39;m no Arnold, but 4 years ago I was nutten but a 125# weakling. I am very proud of what I have accomplished these past 4 years. I just recently bought my own Bowflex Extreme 2..... I can&#39;t wait to get a routine in place. You have to want to have a better body and make yourself do it everyday. Even if you don&#39;t want to..... Push yourself or it will not work for you.
Just my input here fellas....&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;