Question for the gay community

sundancerco

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
When asked this question before, I explained it in this way. Most straight men can look at a car and look at the lines. They can appreciate the design and the beauty of that car. But while they can appreciate the design and personality of the car, there dick does not respond. They do not want to have sex with the car. That is how I view women. I like them, I can appreciate their beauty, I can really connect with their personalities, but my dick does not respond. I look at a woman, as I do a painting. Or, sometimes, I like to just sit in the garage and look at my Porsche as I love the design and the color, and the curves. But again, my dick does not respond. I have no interest in having sex with women, or a car, or a painting. And tho my partner is bi, I still have trouble understanding why he would want to have sex with women, but he does. It's hard sometimes to put ourselves in another's place. So it may be hard for straight men to understand how gay men cannot find a woman sexually interesting, as a gay man, I can't for the life of me understand why a man would want to be with a woman. Too much drama.

Hope that helps.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Dan the man,
Your question reminds of the time a male boss of mine asked me how I could possibly enjoy kissing a (another male) person with facial hair. To which I could only answer-I don't know, go home and ask your wife that. Women turn you on, good-enjoy them. Men turn me on, therefore I will enjoy them. I appreciate a fine looking lady, as I do looking at a fine piece of art. Now, a fine looking man, now that I want to undress, touch, caress and well you get the point. Just the way it is, has always been and always will be.

LOL, that reminds me of something I said to someone. I was younger and much more of a smartass and a straight guy said to me, "I don't know how you can put a dick in your mouth" and I replied, "well, if it's good enough for your mother to do it, it should be good enough for me." He looked like he wanted to fight but do to our size difference, he decided against it. It shut him up though.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
LOL, that reminds me of something I said to someone. I was younger and much more of a smartass and a straight guy said to me, "I don't know how you can put a dick in your mouth" and I replied, "well, if it's good enough for your mother to do it, it should be good enough for me." He looked like he wanted to fight but do to our size difference, he decided against it. It shut him up though.

touche, when people suggest that my mother might be fellacious, i point out a woman doesn't get pregnant four times by giving head

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The question is this and mostly intended for 100% gay men not bi's. What is it about a womans body that doesn't turn you on?
<...>
Is this an unanswerable question, you just feel it or you don't? :redface::confused:
It's interesting you worded your question this way, Dan... what doesn't turn me on, as opposed to what turns me off. No, it's not offensive. One of my brothers asked me an almost identical question after I came out. He just could not comprehend that I was not aroused by women.

Here are a few of the posts that I feel come fairly close to summing up my answer:
Personally, *everything* about a woman *doesn't* turn me on and everything about a man *does*.
<...>
I actually tried to "make out" with a girl in junior high, then again in high school - nothing doing, turned me off. Then when I first kissed a man, instant erection - pretty easy to figure out :tongue:
I tried to "force" myself to be straight, but it just never worked. I eventually just accepted the fact that I was wired this way.
The only way I can answer your question is this:

Women don't turn me off. They just don't turn me on.
A lot of people have trouble understanding that it isn't a matter of "if you don't find it attractive, you must find it repulsive." It just doesn't work that way, at least not for me. It isn't a causal relationship. I don't find men attractive because I don't find women attractive, nor do I find women unattractive because I find men attractive.
it is my orientation and not my preference. do you know why your sexual orientation is straight and not gay or bi or anything else?
Good point.
Women have nothing to do with why I am 100% attracted to men. Is your aversion to having sex with men the reason you are attracted to women? No, of course not.

Many straight people have this weird idea that people are homosexual as a response to something... ."I'm gay cuz I don't like women"..."I'm a lesbian cuz men are pigs". That just crazy. It's about who we are attracted to, not what we don't like.

When people ask me "When did you know you were gay?" I just turn it around, "When did you know you were straight?". It's amazing how such a simple answer will enlighten people.
Also excellent points.

It isn't so binary. I do wonder, though, what goes through the minds of people who do think in such binary terms. Sexually, some people have an attraction to the same sex or the opposite sex; some people have an aversion to the same sex or the opposite sex; some people are just simply neutral toward the same sex or the opposite sex. I'm attracted to same, neutral toward opposite. No aversion.

chavous

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think women are lovely and have made love to a few, but felt something was missing....and for me it was not a body ,a cock,balls but rather an emotional connection.I do love cock,balls and ass but also just find men easier to be with.I think men are beautiful everything about them. The cock is so differnt---never seen two that were even close to being similar. I have known I was GAY before I even knew what it was. ps...Dan the man I would drive you crazy in one hour because I think you have a lovely dong!