question for the gay guys...

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
how do you feel about fag hags?

from wiki

Fag hag is a slang term for a woman who associates mostly or exclusively with gay men. It originated in gay male culture in the United States and was historically an insult. Some women who associate with gay men object to being called fag hags, while others embrace the term.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

scorpiokc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

from wiki

Fag hag is a slang term for a woman who associates mostly or exclusively with gay men. It originated in gay male culture in the United States and was historically an insult. Some women who associate with gay men object to being called fag hags, while others embrace the term.

i have a fag hag. i love her, and she does not object to being called my fag hag.

9inchcanadian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Fag hags are ok as long as they dont get needy or start flashing you around as their gay m8 to all and sundry.Fag stags ae much more fun as they will just want to hang out and have fun without allthe bitching that can come with hanging out with women or other gay men.
Plus Stags are better to look at!!!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was a fag hag before I even knew what the phrase meant. :redface: :smile: I found out in my 20's that 3 of my best male friends in high school were gay. :wink: :tongue:

A few years ago my friend upgraded me from his C-List Hag to A-List Fag Hag. Yes, a mutual friend took my place on the C-List. I did not scheme to get her off the A-List.:wink:

Some gay guys have neither fag hags nor fag stags.

from wiki

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fag hags are ok as long as they dont get needy or start flashing you around as their gay m8 to all and sundry.Fag stags ae much more fun as they will just want to hang out and have fun without allthe bitching that can come with hanging out with women or other gay men.
Plus Stags are better to look at!!!
is this a big issue, or a really rare thing.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Plus Stags are better to look at!!![/quote]

is this a big issue, or a really rare thing.

WARNING: I am about to make a broad sweeping generalization. It is not uncommon for the plus size fag hag to become very clingy/needy in regards to her gay guy.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Fag hags are ok as long as they dont get needy or start flashing you around as their gay m8 to all and sundry.Fag stags ae much more fun as they will just want to hang out and have fun without allthe bitching that can come with hanging out with women or other gay men. Plus Stags are better to look at!!!

Ha, I never used to like faghags much. Then I realised that I have had them most of my life. Actually my mother is a bit of a faghag, some of my school teachers were too.

I realised I didn't like other guys' faghags much, but I really like my own posse.

Stags I have always loved, in a brotherly kind of way.

wingnut84

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I like fag hags. You know they're open-minded, are easier to approach and often will be delighted upon learning of your desire to insert your penis in them... repeatedly.

What I honestly don't get are "fag stags." Hell, I like the cock myself but I've never met a gay guy around whom I like spending very much time. You have to have things in common and loving pussy is big on my list of things I like to have in common with people! Plus there's always the fear that they'll want you. That's not to say I don't have gay friends, I just couldn't see hanging out with them on a frequent basis. Maybe I just have never met the right guys. Can you fag stags clear this up for me?

LouisVauban

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Have many close friends that are women... am not a big fan of the "traditional" fag hags... needy, clingy, always around... I like my freedom too much. I like them to go back to their husbands, bf's etc.

The term does not usually offend. Again, it's all about the context.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Have many close friends that are women... am not a big fan of the "traditional" fag hags... needy, clingy, always around... I like my freedom too much. I like them to go back to their husbands, bf's etc.

The term does not usually offend. Again, it's all about the context.
so, in your opinion, there's a difference between women who happen to be friends with gay guys, and women who are like...gay guy groupies, seeking out gay guys?

i guess that was the angle of my question.
if i was a gay guy, i'd get pissed off at women who want the token gay friends, rather than who have friends who just happen to be gay.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My definition of a fag hag is a woman who hangs out with gay men generally excluding straight men, dating, and genuine relationships with most other women. Sometimes it's a way of having a fantasy romantic relationship with a man who is "safe." I had one try to latch onto me in college and she was pretty relentless.
There are other women who enjoy gay men for reasons that include fun, shared interests, a non-competitive friendship yet date, or are married and haveclose women friends. In my opinion, these women are imply sensible.
Dave

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I love fag hags. My experience is that they are women who welcome the intense friendships with, and interests of, gay men. Far from clingy, my experience is that many of them have romantic relationships with str8 men, some are even married, but want also to have a male relationship that is NOT about sex.

It allows them to have friendships that exist outside traditional gender roles. Obviously, for my part, being thought bright, funny, interesting to be around, trustworthy, and handsome is extremely complimentary. What's not to like? (I didn't want the sex anyway...)

scottbud

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I love my haggs though i would never call them that i tend to call them sisters or hand bags or fruit flies. They know what I mean by that tho so they dont mind. Clingy no needy no. Fun yes funky yes. I find them to be well worth having around (mine at least) and the sisters terms would be as close as I can get to describing the real relationship we have. We know everything about each other all the nitty gritty details and dont mind sharing, infact we have to share or we are doing the friendship a diservice.

Fag Haggs ROCK!