Question for the guys regarding embarrassment, from a girl.

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
This was the best I could find on the documentary. It's a link to the production company's website. You have to scroll down to the title:

"Penis Envoy" (I don't know if it's a typo for "envy".

Anyhow, there's a link that says, "watch" for the trailer, but last I checked it wasn't working anymore. Too bad, there's a brief shot of my cock, which I've never shown on LPSG, for the record. LOL

I can change my haircut, hair color, eye color, and weight, but I cannot change my penis. I sympathize with your boyfriend and hope he can learn to love himself for the way he is. Surgery can make a penis bigger, but can't make it smaller. Sorry for another long post. No pun intended.
It's not a burden we wish to part with. I've personally developed my own variable reduction training, and can now sometimes even touch index finger and thumb around a hard erection. Still uncontrolled, but the potential is presenting itself.

A penis can be really difficult to find decent clothes for, even if you don't care so much about showing or not. Makes things very, very awkward if you're generously proportioned anyway.

Interestingly enough, as you correctly said, penis size is often 'secret' unless very obvious, it depends on how you hold it in, methinks.
Yes, clothing can require alot of improvisation, but the main problem for me is the size fluctuations. (and avoiding the reachdowns can lead to even more awkward situations)

I usually buy oversize, buy an oversize belt and punch a few shorter notches in it, and just keep adjusting as I move. Usually I can hold the erection or flaccid state for such long periods that it isn't an issue.

And,.. I've got alot of inventive tricks to keep it's size unnoticeable. (and no, they don't involve wearing lycra while biking :p)

pokerbrat

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The last time I had my entire penis inside a person, I was 15.

Years old, I mean, not inches.

The last time I was 15" I was still in the womb.

matthi

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Not sure if this is the kind of thing the original poster had in mind because it's kind of trivial, but there are social situations in which it can be undesirable and embarassing to have a penis which can be hard to hide. For instance, I'm a keen cyclist and wear those tight spandex cycling shorts not to show off but simply because they make long rides much more comfortable. I have gotten disapproving looks and hostile remarks when stopping at a store or pub for a snack. I can understand that attitude when the "offender" shows obvious signs of doing it on purpose and/or obviously enjoying it, but when unassumingly going about one's business, I don't see the problem.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
Not sure if this is the kind of thing the original poster had in mind because it's kind of trivial, but there are social situations in which it can be undesirable and embarassing to have a penis which can be hard to hide. For instance, I'm a keen cyclist and wear those tight spandex cycling shorts not to show off but simply because they make long rides much more comfortable. I have gotten disapproving looks and hostile remarks when stopping at a store or pub for a snack. I can understand that attitude when the "offender" shows obvious signs of doing it on purpose and/or obviously enjoying it, but when unassumingly going about one's business, I don't see the problem.

I feel your pain!

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
I know a common problem is finding the right clothing to not only be discreet when a man wants to but to also be comfortable and have the necessary support. Your boyfriend should really sign up on LPSG, we may be a bit sarcastic... well more often than not, but when it comes down to issues we are all here for a common goal and I believe that is:

To provide a group of like-situated men who can personally relate to problem(s) regarding a large penis and sharing our knowledge when we are called upon.

So true...but there is even more issues...

As can be seen in my (hopefully somewhat artistic) gallery, I'm not "big" by any stretch of the imagination, so I can't offer any insight from my own experiences. But I can offer from my friend and from what I've read.

I read a book a while back called "The Male Body." It is written by a woman, but there is a whole chapter about penis size. The gist of that chapter is that penis size is a double-edged sword for men. On one hand, men with small penises often feel like they are less of a man than men with big penises. On the other hand, men with big penises often become known for that big penis, and as a result they become sexualized -- only. People come to think of these men as sexual objects, nothing more. People therefore tend to think that men with big penises are not intelligent men.

So, yes, it sounds akin to what women with big breasts may go through. I remember hearing that some women with big breasts have had to have reductions because they felt no one would take them seriously with big breasts.

My best friend is very well endowed. I have talked with him about it, often pressing for insight into how wonderful it must be to be so large. I have finally accepted that I have to drop the issue, and most likely never talk about it again. The reason? It occurred to me that it has hurt him to have been seen only as a sexual object by so many women. The stereotype is that men are just sexual animals. The truth, though, is that men are human beings; sexual, but with more than just sexuality. There is more to my best friend than his big penis.

So, maybe it can all be summed up in this: men with big penises sometimes think that others believe that there is nothing to them but the big penis. Maybe it's like people with a lot of money who can never be sure if their friends like them for themselves, or for their money.

On the other hand, I have to admit this as well. Men DO want their penis to be big. Though my best friend wants others to know there is more to him than his big penis, he has also made it clear that he has enjoyed the hell out of that big penis and is proud of it. He has said, however, that he'd rather receive compliments on something that he himself had to work for and earn, rather than something he was given by an accident of nature.

I have been sexualized, at times, and treated as a trophy, much like the musclebare9 has posted below.

I have been treated like a trophy in the past. When I was out at parties, an X-girlfriend would rub my cock through my pants and get me semi-hard just so she could show her friends my size. I am proud of my size and don't mind showing it off but it became old after a couple times. If I am in a relationship, I want to be more than an object for show-and-tell for her friends.

I too have been there...it sucks. I had a talk with my significant other and things are better now.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Just wait until you're older, gentlemen, and have to suffer having a female nurse guide a balloon catheter up your urethra while you're painfully alert.

One day while sitting with my father who was recovering from his third bout of keeping bladder cancer at bay by arthroscopic cauterization his attending nurse, this time a male nurse, came in to check on him. I noticed my brave father had a catheter much smaller in diameter rammed up his dick than during his past surgeries. I asked the male nurse "Why have all the female nurses rammed up catheters that look about the size of 1/2 inch garden hose rather than the much smaller diameter catheter you used?"

He bluntly answered, "Because they can." And the guy was dead serious.

Just something for you to think about when you reach the age you begin to consult a urologist in addition to your all-around Internist for medical advice and care. Guys with smaller (shorter?) dicks have it much easier -- much easier.