Question for the guys who work out...

wildwestend

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Working out is great....its like a drug......it releases soo much hormones, so when your having sex your much better in compairson to the couch potatoe.....unless your cock is 2 inches hard and his is 8

crv

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Your pics look pretty good already. Just my own experience, but to cut my fat layer on my stomach, I found I really just had to get my general body fat down. Many of the items other people have said will help. For myself, I've found that extensive cardio, combined with watching the diet, really helps cut the fat layer. In my case, extensive cardio means running about 20 miles/week. It also helps cover many of my diet "sins".

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I have been working out very seriously (almost daily) for about 6 months. Dropped 40 pounds, went from a size 46 suit to a 40, 37" waist to between 32 and 33, and in general in great shape. Hoping to get to "ripped" in another six months to a year. I've found that the key is to get in a good workout as often as possible (6 to 7 times a week).

I couldn't possibly eat 5 or 6 meals a day. I'm lucky if I get two and a cup of yogurt with my schedule. The only breakfast I can really tolerate is scrambled eggs, and I never have the time to make that in the morning when I'm home. When traveling I can usually get some eggs for breakfast and get lunch and dinner, but restaurant food is so often very high in fat and calories that even with a regular workout I worry about gaining weight.

Last edited:

bdope

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If you want to get bigger you need to do less reps at a higher weight. Also like what has been said before lots of smaller meals, with focus on protiens and reducing trans fats. And as far as abs go this is my circuit during football season:

40 straight leg sit ups
40 standard crunches
40 flutter kicks
25 sit ups
40 heels to the heavens (P90X)
40 russian twists

repeat three times. I also like to do weighted situps on core days. Hanging knee ups are great too.

fatddyslam

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
you are such a hottie dude. sorry, had to lol

If you'll excuse me quoting myself, the following is pertinent to this thread:

ie diet and lifestyle

General guideline: work some cardio into your routine, keep the gym sessions under 1hour, and follow up your workout with say grilled fish and salad, rather than McDonalds.

As for specifics on the workout, you're best to talk to a personal instructor at the gym, who can give you hands-on advice.

-

Strontium

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ha, thank you, but I admire the expedition guide in the pic on page 1 which you quoted from, since his amazing body was tuned by the life he lead.

Gym is " cheating", in a way, since it' s self indulgent. I'd much rather have a physique that was the incidental product of an active life.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
If the gym is cheating and you're looking to get ripped based on your lifestyle, you could try living with the Amish and farming by hand. That must build some serious muscle.

Crex

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
So, here's an update on how everything is going, for anyone who happens to be interested. There are three pictures taken below. The first is from the winter when I started my first workout program and quit. The second is from March when I started working out, and the last is an 'as of today' picture. As you can see, I'm getting closer to that 6 pack I've always wanted, so hopefully it's here before too long! Comments always welcomed.

Attachments