question for the ladies

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are some women more psycho than others when pregnant? :confused: My girlfriend is about to drive me into a straight jacket.:redface:

lafever

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i was diagonsed with bipolar disorder when i was pregnant. it was 9 months of unmitigated hell, followed by the death of my father. i was an emergency induction and then c-section at 37 weeks. "psycho" is relative. pray that she doesn't get as crazy as i did, and that she gets to avoid post partum depression (which is extremely common).

remember, when she's acting psycho, she's feeling worse than you are. pregnancy is one of the hardest things on the body and mind of a woman. all you have to do is watch it, not experience it. stop complaining and start taking care of her. she deserves it.

so, to answer your question, yes.

edited to add:

i asked my husband what he thought, he said:

"The girlfriend is giving you a child. What she's giving you is priceless. Immortality of your genetic destiny!! Suck it up and go buy her something nice!"

He was laughing and smiling while he said, it, though. :biggrin1::biggrin1:

I don't mean to be harsh.

JennyS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would say all women can relate to the influence hormones can have on their emotions, pregnant or otherwise. And yes, it varies by person.

Act2_Begins_Now

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
With each pregnancy, I was commented on how normal I was during those pregancies. These comments came from the husband(s), family and friend (which included those who had been pregnant). I found it odd, not sure what not normal looks like. Not sure if behaviors are maginified by the person or the observer.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My wife had her moments, but our doctor put her on an antidepressant that was OK for her during pregnancy. Your girl really swings depending on hormone levels from what it sounds like, I would consult the doctor and see what he may be able to perscribe. Only problem she may have limitations due to her being a prison guard (I'm correct on that right?). Only other thing you can do is just role with it the best you can. Just 8 more months. :smiley:

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
osiris, a lot of those medications that they think are safe have lately (within the last 2 years) been found to maybe not be so safe. with that said, i'm not against medication at all during pregnancy-- i sure as shit wouldn't have gotten through my pregnancy without them. with that said, most doctors aren't going to prescribe unless there's a serious clinical problem-- in which case, the OP needs to take his girlfriend to a qualified mental health professional (NOT her OB). this is more up to her, though, and how she's feeling, not so much how insane she may be making someone else.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
osiris, a lot of those medications that they think are safe have lately (within the last 2 years) been found to maybe not be so safe. with that said, i'm not against medication at all during pregnancy-- i sure as shit wouldn't have gotten through my pregnancy without them. with that said, most doctors aren't going to prescribe unless there's a serious clinical problem-- in which case, the OP needs to take his girlfriend to a qualified mental health professional (NOT her OB). this is more up to her, though, and how she's feeling, not so much how insane she may be making someone else.

I am aware Snoozan and thanks for mentioning that. We consulted her therapist, the OB GYN, and our Family Practitioner and they consulted the information. It wasn't a quick reccomend. My wife has always had severe anxiety and has spent a good deal of her life medicated for it. Our doctor suggested it more so she cold relax and not cause distress on the fetus.

I think most doctors now will not perscribe it unless it is in the baby's best interest.

Just make sure you do your leg work before getting into something lafever.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She doesn`t work as a prison gaurd anymore, she just likes to keep the enforcing mentality of it, you know, being dominating. Now she does bio-tech, DNA, RNA, that kind of stuff, for a world wide firm.
Anyways, i was just curious since some women act like it`s nothing to be pregnant and then theres women like mine who`s hormones are off the chart into space mountain, it`s very hard to deal with, especially when she goes into her tangents. It`s like dealing with a 34 year old child from satan who knows how to back talk. I can say to her, " it`s a beautifull day outside "and her response would be, "whats so f***ing good about it you bastard, all men suck, your just like the rest of them, why don`t you jsut leave, you know you want too, what are you waiting for, go!" :eek:
Isn`t that lovely, i took two or three zanex yesterday just to be able to deal with it.

lafever

p.s. I just took another zanex.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
She doesn`t work as a prison gaurd anymore, she just likes to keep the enforcing mentality of it, you know, being dominating. Now she does bio-tech, DNA, RNA, that kind of stuff, for a world wide firm.
Anyways, i was just curious since some women act like it`s nothing to be pregnant and then theres women like mine who`s hormones are off the chart into space mountain, it`s very hard to deal with, especially when she goes into her tangents. It`s like dealing with a 34 year old child from satan who knows how to back talk. I can say to her, " it`s a beautifull day outside "and her response would be, "whats so f***ing good about it you bastard, all men suck, your just like the rest of them, why don`t you jsut leave, you know you want too, what are you waiting for, go!" :eek:
Isn`t that lovely, i took two or three zanex yesterday just to be able to deal with it.

lafever

My choice of drug was Sauvignon Blanc during the summer months and Malbec during winter. :biggrin1:

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am aware Snoozan and thanks for mentioning that. We consulted her therapist, the OB GYN, and our Family Practitioner and they consulted the information. It wasn't a quick reccomend. My wife has always had severe anxiety and has spent a good deal of her life medicated for it. Our doctor suggested it more so she cold relax and not cause distress on the fetus.

I was in a similar situation and I was on Celexa and Ativan during my pregnancy, which are both drugs that aren't that great in pregnancy. However, had I not been medicated it would have been, just as you said, stress on the baby and I would have probably not recovered as quickly as I did to take care of my son. It sounds like you did the right thing.

My point was more to what you said about consulting multiple doctors. A lot OB/GYNs are well meaning, but their expertise is not psychiatry. It's the same with a family doctor. I'm meaning this for lafever, if she's significantly distressed, get her to a mental health professional-- a therapist and/or a psychiatrist. Being pregnant is complicated, and having psych issues is way complicated. You usually need all of your docs consulting each other about history and stuff like that.

lafever, keep the xanax for you. it will help. If she's really impossible to deal with, impel her to see a therapist any way you know how. it's better for you, for for her, and for her baby that she's not raging all the time. also, the craziness gets better in the second trimester, usually.

the thing that concerns me is that you're posting about YOU going crazy, when you need to be more concerned about what's going on with her. i fully understand your need to vent-- my husband surely needed to when i was pregnant. however, it does concern me as i'm wondering if you're also considering getting help for her as a way to alleviate what she's going through which will in turn help you.

Just make sure you do your leg work before getting into something lafever.

wise advice, as always, osiris.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It`s hard to make appointments with her as our scheduals conflic but you better believe i`m going with her to the next doctors visit, she won`t say anything about her mood swings but i will.

lafever

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was in a similar situation and I was on Celexa and Ativan during my pregnancy, which are both drugs that aren't that great in pregnancy. However, had I not been medicated it would have been, just as you said, stress on the baby and I would have probably not recovered as quickly as I did to take care of my son. It sounds like you did the right thing.

My point was more to what you said about consulting multiple doctors. A lot OB/GYNs are well meaning, but their expertise is not psychiatry. It's the same with a family doctor. I'm meaning this for lafever, if she's significantly distressed, get her to a mental health professional-- a therapist and/or a psychiatrist. Being pregnant is complicated, and having psych issues is way complicated. You usually need all of your docs consulting each other about history and stuff like that.

lafever, keep the xanax for you. it will help. If she's really impossible to deal with, impel her to see a therapist any way you know how. it's better for you, for for her, and for her baby that she's not raging all the time. also, the craziness gets better in the second trimester, usually.

the thing that concerns me is that you're posting about YOU going crazy, when you need to be more concerned about what's going on with her. i fully understand your need to vent-- my husband surely needed to when i was pregnant. however, it does concern me as i'm wondering if you're also considering getting help for her as a way to alleviate what she's going through which will in turn help you.

wise advice, as always, osiris.

Thanks Snoozan!:smile:

Funny you said Celexa, that was what my wife was on. Fortunately we have a very good OB/GYN and he reffered us to all those docs and they all discussed the matter before reaching that conclusion.

Snoozan is right on worry about her, but from one man to another, you are no god unless you can keep your sanity. It's a balancing act and I know you can do this.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes some women do have terrible mood swings, we all react differently to pregnancy. Try to keep in mind that it's only temporary and that at the end of it you'll have a lovely baby :)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyways, i was just curious since some women act like it`s nothing to be pregnant and then theres women like mine who`s hormones are off the chart into space mountain, it`s very hard to deal with, especially when she goes into her tangents. It`s like dealing with a 34 year old child from satan who knows how to back talk. I can say to her, " it`s a beautiful day outside "and her response would be, "whats so f***ing good about it you bastard, all men suck, your just like the rest of them, why don`t you just leave, you know you want too, what are you waiting for, go!" :eek: Isn`t that lovely, i took two or three zanex yesterday just to be able to deal with it.
lafever

:smile: Given the major hormonal imbalances she is experiencing, if you missed just one of her pre-natal checkups I can see where it may appear she is flying off the handle. I've yet to be blessed with a child; but most of my friends have. It's just like anyting else, all women are different. Some have morning sickness, some don't. Some have morning sickness 24/7 for the first 2 trimesters. :eek: Some have cravings for odd foods others eat normally, just a bit more than usual.

It`s hard to make appointments with her as our scheduals conflict but you better believe i`m going with her to the next doctors visit, she won`t say anything about her mood swings but i will.
lafever
This is really important you have to make the time even if it means getting docked pay. Of course she isn't going to mention her mood swings, they aren't bothering her. :tongue:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was psycho with my first, and merely somewhat emotional with the next two. And as SP says, there's a beautiful baby at the end of it.

Good luck, and stock the house with plenty of whatever she's craving. :wink: