Question for the lesbians on this forum

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, this is possibly going to be the shortest thread on this board, but I'm curious if there are any 100% lesbians who visit this forum. The reason I ask is I'm fascinated with my wife's logic.

See, she's told me several times she is undoubtedly a lesbian. She likes women and thinks men, with the exception of me. are "icky" <-- her words. I've never seen her check out guys when we're out, I have seen her check women out frequently. She thinks cocks in general are unappealing, except mine which she adores. She loves the sex we have, but she's also told me sex with another woman is a totally different thing.

I've asked her if she would consider herself bisexual instead of lesbian, she smiled, shook her head and insists that she doesn't see the need to label herself. Although if she were forced to label herself, it would definitely be lesbian.

Can any other lesbian shed any light on this logic?

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
i consider lesbian to be more of a lifestyle, so i wouldnt call myself that. She may not consider herself as one for the same reason. But without you she might be exclusively with women which would make her a lesbian to me.

If shes bi, i interpret that as i desire for both sexes. She might not be the slightest bit interested in being with a man other than you. So i have no idea.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She might not be the slightest bit interested in being with a man other than you.

I think that's what it boils down to. I got a weird compliment from a female friend yesterday. She apologized to me for a conversation we had the other day where she gave me (in her words) too many details of her life. Puzzled by the apology, I asked for a clearer explanation and her reply was, "I forgot you were a guy."

In a way my wife agreed with my friend's sentiment. On an emotional level, my wife says I communicate more like a woman.

At least I think that's a compliment.

Labels are stupid.

That is the most intelligent post I've seen in a while. My wife wholeheartedly agreed with that.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A 100 percent lesbian would not have any interest in supporting penis, would she? You are only going to get response from females who are 99 percent or less. It is like asking fish to breathe air. There are lungfish and amphibians yes, but they are not fish.

I consider myself pretty equally attracted to both sexes, and most of my affairs have been with men because the willing ones are easier to find. It is nice that your wife unbent her dislike of males enough to marry you, and it may be a way to keep you feeling secure in her love to restrict herself to only desiring other females and not other males. But then again, maybe not.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
A 100 percent lesbian would not have any interest in supporting penis, would she? You are only going to get response from females who are 99 percent or less. It is like asking fish to breathe air. There are lungfish and amphibians yes, but they are not fish.

Um, there has been more than one female poster over my time here who has identified as 100% gay. And why wouldn't they? LPSG may have the word penis in the title but it is not exclusively about cock.

Besides - as far as I can see the majority of gay identifying men here have %s between 50% gay and 99% gay and yet we happily call them gay and do not insist they think of themselves as bisexual. Sexuality is far more complex and fluid than a straightforward is / isn't matter like a class of creature such as amphibian.

Reactions: SoaringSpirit

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A 100 percent lesbian would not have any interest in supporting penis, would she?

Exactly why I'm posting this here to begin with! My wife (a lesbian) loves (my) cock. What other place to pose this question than here?

You are only going to get response from females who are 99 percent or less. It is like asking fish to breathe air. There are lungfish and amphibians yes, but they are not fish.

I've never heard of any other fish like my wife, but you never know. As an aside, I have had a private response already from someone who does not want to come forward. You know who you are, and you did shed some light on this subject.

It is nice that your wife unbent her dislike of males enough to marry you, and it may be a way to keep you feeling secure in her love to restrict herself to only desiring other females and not other males. But then again, maybe not.

I don't see that reasoning. I can easily lose her to a woman as I could to a man. The only difference I can see here is that in the waay back dark recesses of my mind the possibilities of a threesome will only be restricted to MFF.

(A bit of an explanation may be in order here... my ex-wife was all gung ho for a threesome *only* on the condition that after doing a MFF we'd do a MMF. I wasn't cool with that and I appreciated her willingness to be fair. End of story.)

Reactions: SoaringSpirit
D

deleted509196

I will say that sexuality is VERY fluid. When I was younger I thought I was a lesbian for at least a year or so, because I only wanted girls (I grew up having crushes on boys though). I USED to think guy's genitals were 'icky' too. Anyway, now I'm definitely bisexual. Varying degrees, the perecent I put here was aprox. I usually prefer men now, but still like women enough. I LOVE my boyfriend's cock and balls. I think a lot of it is because I love him, but I just love it anyway. When I was younger I'd never seen a guy I liked naked, or a guy in real life, so I guess now I see it in a different way and of course the guy attached to it is the MAIN thing. Labels are labels though. I think you'd have to have at least SOME interest in penises to be in this group, but that's just what I think. I'm sure there can be exceptions. I don't ADORE every cock, just my man's, but I like guys in general enough, I just wouldn't adore every guy's like I do my man's. It's complex anyway.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've often wondered why there are so many 100% lesbians here myself. :confused: It's true there are things to do and talk about other than cock, but it does seem odd on the surface.

It is my understanding that some lesbians enjoy vaginal penetration with sex toys. Maybe a natural progression of this pleasure is, to be curious about the penis. For some it may be as simple as 'Go big, or go home.' :wink: :tongue: Let's face it, gay and straight men as well as straight women are often fascinated by a large penis. Why shouldn't lesbians be, too? A large, pretty penis is a wonder to behold. :cool:

eyescream

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is definitely interesting to me. In fact, this is quite new to me. As a 100% straight woman, if I married another woman and told her that I'm into men but she's an exception I guess that would make me bi.

I don't take labels too seriously but I do believe in sexual preferences. If I like 1 dick and 1 million pussies that still makes me bi I think. Heck, if I married a man instead of picking a woman... ... ...

That would make me a monogamous straight person with a fetish for women? lol. Good luck, you certainly have an interesting wife.

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It is my understanding that some lesbians enjoy vaginal penetration with sex toys. Maybe a natural progression of this pleasure is, to be curious about the penis. For some it may be as simple as 'Go big, or go home.' :wink: :tongue: Let's face it, gay and straight men as well as straight women are often fascinated by a large penis. Why shouldn't lesbians be, too? A large, pretty penis is a wonder to behold. :cool:

That answer is right on target! I've had sex with two lesbians who were curious about cock enough to want to try one. They enjoyed penetration with toys, but never experienced a flesh-n-blood phallus, just a silicone substitute. They not only wanted to try one, they wanted to try a really big one so they asked me. First 30 minutes together was all about them getting acquainted with cock; touching it, stroking it, feeling it grow in their hands, cupping the nut sack, and licking it before taking it inside them.

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lesbians like only women. Your wife likes a man, which means she doesn't like only women.

Simple logic, she's not a fucking lesbian. She'll have to come to terms with her bisexuality.

Problem solved. Your wife's in denial of her bisexuality and so are any of the people here to agreed with her nonsense.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That answer is right on target! I've had sex with two lesbians who were curious about cock enough to want to try one. They enjoyed penetration with toys, but never experienced a flesh-n-blood phallus, just a silicone substitute. They not only wanted to try one, they wanted to try a really big one so they asked me. First 30 minutes together was all about them getting acquainted with cock; touching it, stroking it, feeling it grow in their hands, cupping the nut sack, and licking it before taking it inside them.

So, were they a-dick-ted after this encounter? :tongue:

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
So, were they a-dick-ted after this encounter? :tongue:

Hahaha! That was funny, Punny!

Actually, they remained lesbians afterwards - but did invite me back for some repeat experiences. To them, being lesbian meant only relationships with other women, but okay with enjoying a man for sex only. Or at least to satisfy curiosity. Which makes sense. If they tried sex with a man and with women, and even though the sex is really good, they still prefer women, that means they really are lesbians.

D

deleted509196

Labels/sexuality can be complicated/fluid.... so it CAN be hard to define. BUT I suppose if you like any amount of men AND women you could be called bi.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess there's confusion brewing in my brain as to what "straight" or "gay" really is. Granted at the end of the day, it's only a label, but I'm gathering there's an emotional component and a physical component. To be male one of course one needs a penis. But to be a male under the surface one needs a whole slew of emotional traits. Same as a female... one needs to own a vagina to be considered female, but on an emotional level a female has her own separate and distinct traits that are common to most women.

Maybe that's what my wife and this new friend of mine have observed about me that clash with the labels they have about themselves. Physically male, but emotionally female? Granted, I lack the sensitivity to cry in at the end of any chic flick, but I've had a knack for grasping the emotional issues better than most guys these women have encountered.

Insomnia and a rambling brain do not make a good mix at 4am.

dr_pepper

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I met a girl recently that confided in me that she liked women as much as men. I asked her if she was forced to label herself as bi or lesbian she said, "Neither. I just love everybody!"

I worked with a young lady who was just like this. She went to bed with anyone she liked. She had no preference, just that she liked them. Unfortunately, I was too old in her eyes. I think I would have really enjoyed the sharing.

D

deleted509196

To be male one of course one needs a penis. But to be a male under the surface one needs a whole slew of emotional traits. Same as a female... one needs to own a vagina to be considered female, but on an emotional level a female has her own separate and distinct traits that are common to most women.

Maybe that's what my wife and this new friend of mine have observed about me that clash with the labels they have about themselves. Physically male, but emotionally female?

I guess that makes some sense, physical and emotional genders can differ some. For example, I'm a tomboy - so while I obviously have traits that are female I have male traits too. Also, my boyfriend has more female traits on some levels than some guys, yet of course he has his male traits too. Although what REALLY would classify as either gender, emotionally, is hard to say too. Stereotypes don't work - if you're female you like shoes? Wrong (I don't. Well, other than I do quite like Converse, but I HATE high heels). If you're male you love football? Wrong, my boyfriend doesn't (boy am I glad! I don't either!).