Question for the non-100% orientation people

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Marazion Analdouche, Jun 3, 2008.

1. D_Marazion Analdouche

I am very curious about this and don't mean this in jest at all.

People list their orientations with their profiles, 100% is obvious and to me so is 50/50 but what does the percentages like 80/20, 70/30, 90/10 mean to you as an individual?

As an example if you are 90% gay, what has to be so amazing about that person of the opposite sex for that 10% to happen? I know it's not a switch, I just don't know how else to word it lol.

If you list higher percentage as more being gay, what draws you to the opposite sex on occasion?

Same with if you have a larger straight percentage, what is it about a certain person of the same sex that makes them stand out?

Just a straight guy being curious.........

2. D_Chocho_Lippz

D_Chocho_Lippz Account Disabled

Does a 99/1 confuse you too?

JK..

I've wondered the same thing...

3. D_Marazion Analdouche

lol yeah, I guess that would have to be one special woman:wink:.

4. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

There are LOTS of threads on this - I mean hundreds of the fuckers. Go do a search.

I'll respond here though as I haven't posted in many of the others.

I'm 90% / 10% because my atttraction for women is considerably less than my attraction for men. I've never really had a relationship with a woman, I couldn't imagine having a woman as a life partner and I like sex with a cock (and the man attached to it) too much to ever rule it out. Also 90/10 (or rather 9:1) is about the ratio of men to woman I have been with. Finally, I have not been with a woman for 12 years - as far as my imagination and memory tell me I have no reason to think my attraction to women has changed (I still notice and appreciate women sexually) but I think putting 50/50 or even 60/40 wouldn't reflect my essentially 'straight' lifestyle as well as 90/10 does.

Does that help?

5. tiggerpoo

Gold Member

Reflects approximately my experience. about 50 women and 5 guys. Simple.

6. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    well don't they say everone is a little gay, I would assume the same goes for the other direction.

7. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

This question is kinda like the god thingy. While I don’t believe in any of the alleged gods from the past, I can’t say a god or gods cannot exist.

Same with gender attractions, gay since I was around 7-8 years old and have only had relationships with other guys but I can’t say there is not a female out there someplace that I could have a relationship with. The odds are very-slim yes, but it could possibly happen!

8. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    A girl once asked me if I would let her give me a blow job, and I told her I doubt it would work since I was gay. She asked me what the difference would be since like a mouth is a mouth. I told her it would be hard for her to give me a blow job with a bag over her face. She didn't want to give me a blow job after I said that. Task complete.

9. D_Geaffardson Jelliwilli

I have a long term monogamous relationship with my GF. However, I look at men more than women. This confuses me too. I think in different circumstances I might be 20/80 instead of 80/20. Damn, why did you ask this I thought I'd rationalised it to myself!

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I did have an 2+ year, intimate relationship with a female before identifying myself as a gay male. But I can't ignore the fact that I had a great time with my few female partners, or the girls I dated. And I don't reject the notion of ever being with a female again.

But I do know what I like and I actively seek it. Hence why I have the 90/10 tag.

11. B_Jennuine73

B_Jennuine73 New Member

For years, I have only been with women in a bdsm related scene. I can't really imagine liking a lady so much as to flirt and take her to bed. Once a woman is in my bed, I enjoy her, but not as much as I enjoy a man. This really surprises me because at the time I married my husband, I had much more attraction toward women than men. I always said if my husband was a woman, I would've married her too.

Though lately I have been hanging out with more lesbians than usual, and find myself attracted to a few of them. I would rather be with a man though.

12. erratic

Gold Member

I'm mainly 20% straight to annoy people. There's no such thing as "homosexuality" or "heterosexuality." Those are words invented in the 1800s, just like "hysteria" and "traditional marriage." But people get all wrapped up in their silly words and choose to ignore the fact that every rule that people make to understand people is broken every second of every day.

Plus I would totally bone Vivian Wu.

13. D_Marazion Analdouche

Ok I spit my coffee out all over the place after that one.

I'm just here to help lol.

Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing everyone. It's not like I'm writing a paper or anything. Just curious and how various people look at their sexuality. The closest I can get is to admit when a guy is good looking or if someone has a charisma thing going on. Call me weird but the whole thing fasinates me.

Is it a blessing to be Bi? Or make life sometimes more difficult? I don't mean in the whole acceptance issue, I mean in your own personal lives. I look at it as you have a little bit bigger pool to choose from lol. But again I have no real idea of what I'm talking about.

14. TwasBrillig

TwasBrillig Member

Naagh. Once had a college prof. who taught that percentages were as useless as tits on a bull. She was right. Schroedinger's catg was both 100% alive and 100% dead at the same time. You decide. It's all yours.

15. D_Raymond Handler

D_Raymond Handler Account Disabled

I just think that anyone posting pics of his big dick on a site mostly visited by other men is not 100% str8. I spend a lot of time on lpsg, looking at other guys' dicks, so guess what? I think we're lucky.

16. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm a repressed bi. I said so in my intro way back when. If society made it impossible to "be gay", I would hopefully find a very understanding woman and we'd make a dysfunctional go of it.

I've had three "full-blown" male/female experiences in my life, and neither disappointed: I enjoyed it, I got off (and so did they). But I so much prefer fucking men (and I am a strict anal top), and no longer being able to have a penis in my mouth would be a burden to my soul and spirit.

But about a month ago I had the chance (and acted rather aggressively) on an encounter that could only be described as bisexual: no penetration, but lots of play. I was seriously aroused...no, S E R I O U S L Y aroused. But it was exactly the type of twisted, bisexual scenes I've always dreamed of having, and for about 20 minutes was able to actualize it, not just in front of her "hubby" (whoever he was, but in front of a barfull of gay guys.

It was hot as fuck. But rather like Escargots, I may occasionally indulge when presented on the menu even if I'd never make them part of my steady diet.

17. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I really should post about that scene I spoke of above. It was wild.

18. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I am a 99% gay 1% straight. What is the 1%?...well......I am absolutely fascinated wit women's breasts. I like to look at them. Did you ever notice that no pair is alike. They're like snowflakes!

19. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    :yup:

Always nice to see a fellow nerd on here! :biggrin1:

I never thought to use that dilemma as an illustration here, but it suits nicely. Until a person comes along who piques our interest, I don't think our orientations are set in stone one way or another.

20. kindred spirit

kindred spirit New Member

I think men would like a little more comfort from each other like women often do. men live in a very cold world sometimes and some good celebration may be in order,

Draft saved Draft deleted