Question for white people of LPSG.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
classic is 50 years, antique is 25.

You've got em flipped.

Most guys want the Classic license plate as it's mucho cheaper and doesn't require renewals for limited use.

According to the Antique Auto Club of America:
Classic is 25-44 years old
Antique, is 45 years or older

Last edited:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
white woman. 3 vehicles.

1968 Mercury Cougar - Delilah

1968 Chevy Malibu - Matilda

1981 Ford 150 - Mable

everyone of them resurrected with much work, heaps of sweating and hours spent wrenching.

i lurve my babies. *pets chrome*

I just bought a brand new car. It's beautiful. I love it. I am naming her MickeyLee.....

blondetwink11

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Being from south, and a rather wealthy part of Dallas, most of the men in my neighborhood could afford, nice new cars. And the three men that I know of that did own an older car didn't own a "caddy". One owned an Aston Martin DB5. The second owned a very beautiful Rolly-Royce, I don't know the exact model. And the third had a Ferrari 250. Pretty sure that any one of these cars is exponentially better than a 29 year old Cadillac.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
I am unsure of my race, but I recently found I may have a Western European ancestor.
I love old cars. I would take that Caddy for the right price.
I own a parked 1970 Coupe Deville. It runs ok, but a hybrid keels over and goes into massive computer failure everytime I warm up the carburetor.
Also, my Caddy would fit right into the movie Madmax as one of the Road warrior vehicles.
I have thought about learning to weld to
A: fix the quarter panels and rust around the rear window OR
B: create a cattle catcher for the front to make it look even scarier to all the SoCal assholes who are in a hurry to sit in some sterile cubicle or meet up with some person they hate.

My Caddy has non operational windows. I set them down. Car is filled with all sorts of creepy crawlies.
It gets 7 mpg.
I refuse to sell it unless I find another equally old car to replace it with.
My living situation allows me to store it indefiniately...BUT it would be hard to work another old car into my situation.
My daily driver is a fairly clean 91 Accord which I just put an engine in.
I believe in holding onto cars.

D

deleted3782

Some of the wealthiest white people I know drive very simple cars that are far below their means. Everyone knows they are wealthy by the house they live in, the donations they make, and their family name...so why make an effort to display their wealth with a status car that will become passé within a year anyway? One of the wealthiest women I knew drove a tiny little Chevy hatchback, and it didn't sit in the garage of her 600 acre estate gathering dust...and it probably ended up going to one of her grandchildren when she passed away.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't need a classic. What I need is 41mpg. I'm a enviro-money-cheap nut. Gas is too damned expensive to be Sunday driving in gas guzzlers.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cars are not important in NYC. I have one, but I park it in the street and move it from one side to the other on street sweeping days. I never buy a new car....I can't stand anticipating the first scratch. It is easier to live without one here. So, far be it for a NYC born and bred white man to try to figure out what a southern white man is thinking about his car...

Smooth88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Cars are not important in NYC. I have one, but I park it in the street and move it from one side to the other on street sweeping days. I never buy a new car....I can't stand anticipating the first scratch. It is easier to live without one here. So, far be it for a NYC born and bred white man to try to figure out what a southern white man is thinking about his car...

This is true but a lot of people in NYC would beg to differ. I know people who live in NYC and refuse (idiotically) to take the subway ever.