Question for women about str8 male gayness

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_henry miller, Oct 4, 2007.

1. B_henry miller

B_henry miller New Member

An odd question, but I was wondering what the women here think about the occasionally gay behavior of straight men. For example, I was in the company of many young jocks today, and their homoerotic energy between each other was undeniable. We weren't on the playing field, but at one point one of the jocks slapped the other on the butt.

A female friend of mine told me a while ago that women are generally aware of how homophobic straight men are, and that they kind of get a laugh out of it. Is this true?

Do women think that all straight men have a little gayness to them?

If you (a straight woman) found out that your boyfriend had a little gayness to him, would you be hurt or offended or disappointed?

2. Eva

Eva New Member

Personally, yes. I absolutely mock homophobic "straights" because really--I feel like they're just overcompensating for an unmet desire.

And I'd be disappointed if my boyfriend didn't have a slight (if not pronounced) kink in his arrow.

3. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Ditto to Eva. I thrive with males that show a prominant gay behaviour at some point. I don't think I've have nearly so much fun if they didn't have that.

4. Principessa

Gold Member

I hate to be persnickety, but I really need to know how you are defining gayness before I can answer that question.

B_cigarbabe likes this.
  5. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    Hmmm, does it necessarily have to be "gay"... there's commradery, and jovial behavior... that needn't always have underlying homoerotic overtones et al....

"a little gayness"... scratches chin. maybe that wasn't put as you intended.

Actually, from what I recall/observed in many sports and the like... it was more of a being comfortable with each other, without the "dont' touch me fag"...
    course we all grew up with homosexuality... so the lines were pretty clear.

It's like women who change in front of each other, and so forth... doesn't make them into each other.

Get over it. Straight guys... can be comfortable and

6. B_henry miller

By "gayness" I mean a slight attraction to one's own gender, but not a strong enough attraction to actually act on it. Lately, I think everyone has some of this in them, but I think that women may deal with it better than men. For example, women can compliment each other's beauty, but men can't. On this forum, one straight guy can compliment another straight guy's cock. But that doesn't go on off-line often. But if it goes on here, then it must go on in the mind outside of this forum.

7. Principessa

Gold Member

LOL Oh no not you too! :confused::eek: It's annoying enough when some gay men assume all straight men have a little bit of gay in them waiting to be let out. But to hear this from a straight man is both shocking and disappointing.

Young men and women (anyone born 1980 or after) seem far more likely to be open to the concept of a sexual continuum as well as sexual experimentation.

8. B_henry miller

Actually, Freud presented his theory in the early 20th century that everyone is at some level bisexual, and Kinsey claimed in the 1950s that as many as 39% of men had responded sexually to other men at some point.

9. Principessa

Gold Member

:biggrin1: Freud was a cocaine addict. No decent therapist is going to base their practice and advice on him. The Kinsey Report is the gold standard but is woefully outdated.

Henry Miller, if you are trying to tell us that you have discovered a liking for men that's okay. We still love you. :smile:

10. B_henry miller

Thanks for the support.

My points about Freud and Kinsey were that talk about continuum in sexuality has been around much longer than the 1980s, etc.

I'm just interested in the female view of masculinity. A friend a while ago told me that women are generally aware of male homophobia and that they get a laugh out of it. I was wondering if this is true or not.

1. Is it a common belief among women that all men have a little gayness?

2. Is it a common belief among women that all men are homophobic?

3. Do women laugh about this?

In short, do women know something about us that we don't know? If so, clue me in.

Overall, it seems that males are more homophobic than females. I was wondering why, and if women have theories about this.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

Not all lesbians use strap-ons, so intimacy isn't necessarily an invasive act. For some odd reason societal stigma says lesbians are hot but gay men are icky, gross, etc. Maybe it's the hetero male fear of anal penetration that instigates homophobia?

12. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Why does this have to be "gay behavior"? Why can't it just be behavior thats decent,compassionate,attentive,nice?
    You guy's are so fucking hung up,honestly!
    Get comfortable with your behavior never mind about anybody else's DUDE! I personally don't find anything laughable about
    men being homophobic.
    cigarbabe:saevilw:

13. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Because that would be far too hard to understand. I don't understand homophobia and rereading the original post I see where they brought that in. I think sociaty is to blame for the misconceptions about homosexuality, it then goes onto be brought up in conversation like it is a norm.. or somehow exceptable.

14. B_henry miller

If I were hung up I would not have even asked the question to begin with.

Draft saved Draft deleted