Question for women and others

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Today I'm walking down the main street that runs by the Humongous State University in my town. And I see one of those Muslim chicks who is just totally covered except for a little slit so her eyes can peep out. Literally, the only skin I see on this woman is her eyelids. My first thought is: Cool, a Jawa! Hey, how much for a couple of 'droids?

But anyway, I'm wondering what women, or anyone concerned about the rights of women, think when they see these people. Cause I think I would be a little angry. Not so much at the woman, who I assume just isn't aware of any other options, but at the culture that would require her to walk around the streets of a modern American city dressed like a Jawa. Mainly, I just felt very sad for her.

I feel the same way when I see teenage street hookers, and you can usually spot their pimps hanging out at a corner a block or two away. The outward trappings may be completely different, but to me they boil down to the same thing: women being enslaved by men.

MrGoodDate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was in Egypt, coming through the Sinai, on a bus that stopped for the night at a resort town. My roommate and I walked from the motel downtown just to look around. There was kinda a pawn shop with very expensive things from the culture there. Anyway we were standing in front of this shop when the lady approached us veiled and all and stood close to us. Just kept standing there. Looking at us. I was wondering if she was on the make. But because I had a roommate I did not respond. I have often wondered what would have happened if I had reached in my pocket and put a 20 dollar bill in my hand visible to her.

turnstall

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I would imagine she feels reduced by the men who condider her "ONE of THOSE Muslin CHICKS". To top it off she propably appreciates your rasicm too.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would imagine she feels reduced by the men who condider her "ONE of THOSE Muslin CHICKS". To top it off she propably appreciates your rasicm too.

QFT.
She chose what to wear; she didn't choose to be called a 'chick'.

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
well, it would be easier to consider her something other than "one of those Muslim chicks" if she were allowed to in any way distinguish herself visually from millions of other Muslim chicks dressed like Jawas.

And there's nothing wrong with "chick." Chick = Dude.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sounds like PR spin to make stripping women of their primary power sound almost beneficial.

Sorry. Women's primary social power resides in their allure.
Muslim men make their women hide their looks and forbid them speaking to other men because Muslim men are terrified that their women would shitcan them in an instant the minute they figured out that Other men would do for them in return for their attention.

Any ideas that hijab benefits them by making them less subject to being accosted is made true in Muslim countries because unveiled women are treated like infectious whores.

So yeah... I am sure it is liberating to wear a burka and find that muslim men DON'T throw stones at you in the street.

But that same woman walking in western attire in the west will not be mistreated by men.

Hijab is insecure Muslim jackoffs trying to keep their women down, cause deep down, they know they don't deserve women.

Dress it up all you want with God talk... you can't defend a culture of cruelty toward and denial of women's rights with a delusion.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry. Women's primary social power resides in their allure. Muslim men make their women hide their looks and forbid them speaking to other men because Muslim men are terrified that their women would shitcan them in an instant the minute they figured out that Other men would do for them in return for their attention.

Any ideas that hijab benefits them by making them less subject to being accosted is made true in Muslim countries because unveiled women are treated like infectious whores.

Some rather sweeping [over]generalisations there. I'm not suggesting such attitude do not exist but such broad remarks require some qualification, IMO.

Dress it up all you want with God talk... you can't defend a culture of cruelty toward and denial of women's rights with a delusion.

I can't disagree with that, but then I'm viewing the issue from a western perspective.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I thought America was the land of free and you could wear whatever the fuck you want without having your motivations judged. I'm being sarcastic. I know it's not true. I remember the hassles we got for having long hair not so long ago in America. Somethings don't change.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
From my (somewhat limited) contact with Muslims who do opt for the hijab / burka set up I have come away with the impression that the older women use it to oppress the younger women as much as the men use it to oppress all the women.

On the flip side of that, both in France and the UK, certain women are using it as a 'fuck you' to Western authority. They feel their culture is being attacked and hijab is a very distinct way of flaunting at least one aspect of that culture.

In general though (and like dong20 I'm coming at it from my western point of view) I find the hijab / burka concept insulting. It is insulting to women to make them hide and mark themselves as chattels and it is insulting to men too, as it directly implies that men cannot control themselves if shown 'too much' of a woman's charms.