Question for women - lack of desire due to meds and stress?

gimme_another_inch

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At the beginning sex was amazing, I mean, it still is but back then it was also three times a day, whatever any time of the day or night then it became even better with foreplay, caress, nice atmosphere and a tie between her and I that was amazing, reaching orgasm together all the time and I mean all all all times.
With time, of course, from three times a day we switched to less and less but, still, it was amazing and still is amazing, we have a match that I guess is rare to find, I care about her and she cares about me but lately, due to stress, preoccupations, financeial problems, medications etc it seems her interest got to the lowest ever but I still like her a lot and every time I am next to her I feel so damn attracted, she is probably not the most beautyful woman on the planet but to me she looks like, even after a day of hard work I still feel aroused when we lie together.
Can her lack of interest be related to all of the above conditions? I know so but I want to hear from somebody's else experience as, as a man, I am worried about my side, as if I might not be interesting for her any longer, do you know what I mean?

waiting to read your opinions

thank you

my64sqin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm 56 and my wife is 58. We have been married for 28 years. She long ago went through menopause. Our love life had kind of flattened ou if you know what I mean. That was until last December. I don't know if its available in your country or not, but look up the G-Shot on line. Thats not G-spot but G-SHOT! My wife had one on Dec.16th and it intensified her orgasms about ten fold. Now she gushes when she orgasms. Another name for the G-Shot is Graffenberg Spot Amplification or GSA. If you can't find it online pm me and I'll give you more info on it.

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are so many factors that can affect libido. We need more info really. Like: How old are you both? How long have you been together? What medications are you talking about?

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My experience was similar to yours at your age. My wife also had a hormone imbalance: A pituitary problem which caused her to have too much prolactin, which made her infertile. A course of tablets fixed it and she had our one and only child. Sex was great for us before she got pregnant, and became equally great again within a few months of her giving birth. But then her menopause started (she was only 42) and sex got a little difficult because her vagina became sore easily, and she lost a lot of her sex drive. HRT helped a bit, but her orgasm wasn't so intense or so easy to trigger. Our sex never recovered it's frequency or intensity. 7 years ago my wife developed breast cancer and has been treated for it on and off ever since, so sex has completely 'fallen off the radar' (so to speak) for long periods and has almost become a thing of the past. She has virtually opted out of sex and I have variously tried to interest her and failing that I've tried to find ways to lower my libido to suit the situation. It isn't easy, but we carry on. We're still talking, and we still have sex occasionally. But that's enough about us for now.

If your wife's hormones are being problematic it's likely that's affecting her libido. But there are lots of other factors that can affect your sex life too. It's great that you still feel so attracted to her but if she doesn't feel she's sexy any more, that's the area to work on.

gimme_another_inch

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She is taking meds to fix this hormonal unbalance but they are meds that, adjusted in dosage here and there, will go probably throughout the whole life.

Yes, there are, at this present time, a lot of other factors affecting but they were there before the meds too and it was great back then, not that now is not great but the frequency has greatly decreased, the duration too and it seems that even though she reaches climax (most of the time we reach it at the same time) it has becoming a routine, the times in which we were exploring new things is gone and I am afraid not because of the missing sex itself but just because I find her so damn attractive and I just can't resist and accept the idea it is slowly slowly mellowing down if you know what I mean.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
There are so many reasons desire could be waning. If she's been through a lot of medical issues and has a lot of stress about it that will definitely dampen her ardor. My husband and I had a half decent sex life until I developed what would later be diagnosed as a heart problem. I would develop pains and we'd have to stop. This, combined with my undiagnosed status and the unpredictability of my symptoms, stopped my husband from touching me. Since my heart condition diagnosis back in 2010, I was diagnosed with endometrial adenocarcinoma, upon which I had a complete hysterectomy. My prognosis is excellent and we couldn't have caught the cancer at a better time, but now I'm healing internally and will not be fully recovered for a year AND sex is back on the menu. I am unable to take HRT, but for whatever reason I am very horny and want sex a lot. Consequently, my husband isn't. :frown: I think the stress of my physical ailments has taken a toll on him along with other stressors. His lack of passion has damn near driven me to look outside our marriage, as it's taken a toll on me physically, emotionally and mentally. However, I feel I owe him better than that as the father of my child and the person who has stood by me the past 15 years. The long and short of it is there are no easy answers. If you both are willing to navigate these waters together, you should be okay. That alone will be key to how this all turns out. Just be patient with her and let her know you love her, support her and will help her as much as you can with her medical issues. That will go a long way and may help rekindle the flame of desire.

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
........(snip)......I just can't resist and accept the idea it is slowly slowly mellowing down if you know what I mean.

I do know what you mean, but I'm afraid you do have to come to terms with that fact that even if your wife didn't have these medical issues it (sex) mellows with time anyway.

There are so many reasons desire could be waning. If she's been through a lot of medical issues and has a lot of stress about it that will definitely dampen her ardor.....(snip)..... Just be patient with her and let her know you love her, support her and will help her as much as you can with her medical issues. That will go a long way and may help rekindle the flame of desire.

What she said.
(Hey BBW36, I just wanted to acknowledge the bit of your post that I snipped out of the quote (above) - :You_Rock_Emoticon:)

gimme_another_inch

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do know what you mean, but I'm afraid you do have to come to terms with that fact that even if your wife didn't have these medical issues it (sex) mellows with time anyway.

So you think that sooner or later, even though the effect of the meds should revert, the sex life is meant to mellow anyways?
What a hit, I just can't resist to her, to me she is the sexiest thing ever seen and touched, it just takes to be next to her to feel the sexual energy between us but, at this present time, this is a feel that belongs just to me :frown1::frown1::frown1: