Question For Women

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by D_Amyntas Lillydong, Nov 18, 2008.

1. D_Amyntas Lillydong

D_Amyntas Lillydong Account Disabled

I was wondering when a woman looks at a man and decides to want a baby with him. Like genetically the man has traits, physical, etc., that she herself would like to pass on. Or if the woman feels the child would be a result of their love. Myself the attraction would be to the woman initially and the child would ideally be a result of my love for her and the love and respect between us. Of course I would want a healthy child, but curious of some women's opinions.

2. Principessa

Gold Member

Huh? :confused: Maybe I misunderstood the question; but that is usually the last thing that enters my mind. By last I mean I am usually with a guy for months or years before I start thinking about what our children will might look like. I don't choose who I date based on the mans ability to father children. That said I have never dated an ugly man because, lets face it, why take the risk that my cute genes won't override his ugly genes?

3. D_Amyntas Lillydong

You read the question right nj. I think about things and I posted. Thanks for your input.

#3 D_Amyntas Lillydong, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  4. Xcuze

Gold Member

I think Madonna chose Carlos with their future babies looks in mind!

When I say their I obviously mean her. :wink:

5. Hippie Hollow Girl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't really think these thoughts are going through most young women's minds......unless they are settled......have sewn all their wild oats if that is what they choose to do. Or unless their biological time clock is ticking and they hear it thumping in their ear.

I am sure they would want any child to be created out of their love for someone. Just my guess.

6. iwishiwasbigger

iwishiwasbigger New Member

Albums:
    There's always genetic engineering.

7. D_Amyntas Lillydong

By traits, it is not just physical looks, but also intelligence.

8. Principessa

Gold Member

In retrospect I regret not having children with my ex-bf from a eugenics standpoint. He was very intelligent. The kind of person that if he didn't study got B's; but when he studied got A's. He was tall, handsome, in good health. No known family history of heart disease or diabetes, which is extremely rare in this day and age. He did have a grandmother die from Alzheimer's though. He also had the prettiest legs I have ever seen on a man. I was convinced we would have made beatiful, smart babies.

9. D_eeglefleegle

D_eeglefleegle Account Disabled

Call me old fashioned, but it's a love thing involved for me. I'm not choosing someone to have a child with because he's attractive, or well hung or whatever lol. I'm 25 and have two young boys. I had them with my ex, which at the time I was head over heals in love with. Even now, with my boyfriend, its the love thing that comes first; even though he's attractive, well-hung, intelligent, etc. lol.

10. mathercr

mathercr Member

I have never thought about what the child would look like!!! Jeez that is reading way too much into the relationship!!! Usually I am attracted to someone first, get to know them and take it from there. What the kid will look like is never a factor!

11. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I feel my confidence in my ability to be a good parent is far more important than the tick of my biological clock.

12. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm a man, but I always think about this. The few guys I asked said they also think about it too. I would think most people would think about it if the relationship started to get serious and the person wanted kids.

13. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have only ever wanted to have children with two men. The first one I really loved, and the one I'm going to marry. Two other men have asked me if someday we could conceive together. They thought I'd make a good mother, and one thought I'd help him make taller children. He said his family was getting shorter and shorter. I decided he was clearly carrying the genes for batshit-crazy and never dignified his questions with any answers. The other I actually told I would consider it if I was single when I was ready to be a mother. He's organized, loving, diligent, responsible, protective, nurturing and several other things which would make for a great father. (Plus he's a good lay. ) Now, if he ever just wants to borrow my eggs and my womb I'd think about it, and run it past my man.

When I choose a man for a LTR, I choose one who seems like he'd be able to run a household well. I choose one who can take care of himself, and me, but who will let me take care of him anyway. I look for qualities which turn out to also be good qualities for a man with whom I'd have children. I do wonder, when I am making love to my fiance what our family will be like, how fast they'll grow (we're both tall), how much dental work they'll need, how difficult it will be to keep them looking neat in public (my hair eats combs for breakfast and lunch. For suppper it inds weak children.). I wonder how healthy they'll be, if they'll inherit the syndrome I inherited from my mother, and if our vastly different appearances will cause them to be exotic beauties, or to appear awkwardly constructed. I imagine them to be big, strong, and healthy like their father, high energy, and beautiful. I imagine them to be disciplined and respectful, and to have that glimmer f secret mischief we both seem to have in our eyes. These are thoughts only romantic love could inspire from me. Even though I was willing to consider someday having children with my friend, I never tried to imagine them, I never actively wanted them like I do with my fiance.

Draft saved Draft deleted