question of size

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Oct 23 2004, 01:11 AM
Okay, I googled on the kinsey report, but can't seem to find the actual report, just a lot of commentary. Do you have a link to it? Also, do you know if it was erect sizes or the flaccid/stretched method? Lastly, self reported or staff? thanks!
[post=260823]Quoted post[/post]​

IMHO, I would have to think the "method" was just plain ole measuring it erect.
The "flaccid / stretch" method is not commonly used as such for official documentation purposes that is, and many of us around here find that approach "deceptive". Some of us have noted a difference of as much as 1/2 inch "off" in measuring the stretched-flaccid. Granted it's "supposed" to be "the same" as the true erect, but we're claiming we can be cheated by 1/2 inch that way!

(btw--the jury is still out as to "why" this is the case!) Hmmm. (?)

Forgive us.
You now how we can be Madame Zora! That 1/2 inch can make or break us! :D

Hapi Papi:
Originally posted by benderten2001+Oct 22 2004, 11:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(benderten2001 &#064; Oct 22 2004, 11:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Oct 23 2004, 01:11 AM
Okay, I googled on the kinsey report, but can&#39;t seem to find the actual report, just a lot of commentary. Do you have a link to it? Also, do you know if it was erect sizes or the flaccid/stretched method? Lastly, self reported or staff? thanks&#33;

IMHO, I would have to think the "method" was just plain ole measuring it erect.
The "flaccid / stretch" method is not commonly used as such for official documentation purposes that is, and many of us around here find that approach "deceptive". Some of us have noted a difference of as much as 1/2 inch "off" in measuring the stretched-flaccid. Granted it&#39;s "supposed" to be "the same" as the true erect, but we&#39;re claiming we can be cheated by 1/2 inch that way&#33;

(btw--the jury is still out as to "why" this is the case&#33;) Hmmm. (?)

Forgive us.
You now how we can be Madame Zora&#33; That 1/2 inch can make or break us&#33; :D
[post=260844]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

So this would be a hung jury?

blar

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Karen@Oct 22 2004, 10:57 PM
Hard to believe some of these averages.
In UK the Durex company work on an average of 6.75". Since they have no axe to grind other than making money, there seems no reason to dispute that.
6.5 to 7 seems about average in my experience as well, and my friends bear that out (well, the ones I talk to about that kind of thing&#33;)
I think there is a deal of massaging undersized men&#39;s egos in an Agony Aunt kind of way.
No need for that here thank goodness&#33;&#33;
[post=260797]Quoted post[/post]​

umm don&#39;t follow condom company "research" because well basically from what a friend told me..... she&#39;s a sexologist (or is it call sex therapist...whatever) a regular condom will fit the average 5-6 and sometimes 7 inch man. condom companies usually see what’s the max size that its regular sized condom can fit then claim that’s the average...this is basically what she told me about it anyway.

lol true benderten2001 1/2 makes and breaks us guys but actually madam z your pretty much right it is said now that 5.1 in the average now.... someone made a book which said this book it was reviewed in women.com I tried to find it but could not....... it&#39;s somewhere in the achieves of that site

but basically all the high percentages are in the 5-6 catagory in kinsey insitute research

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Oct 22 2004, 05:11 PM
Okay, I googled on the kinsey report, but can&#39;t seem to find the actual report, just a lot of commentary. Do you have a link to it? Also, do you know if it was erect sizes or the flaccid/stretched method? Lastly, self reported or staff? thanks&#33;
You might be able to find it at the library. Sexual Behavior in the Human Male and Sexual Behavior in the Human Female are classics. Strange methodology. He had them draw an outline of their genitalia.

There is another point in Sexual Behavior in the Human Male where Kinsey wasn&#39;t at his most scientific. He didn&#39;t study pre-ejaculatory orgasm himself, but instead got the data on tables 31-34 from the journal of a pedophile who started thirty years before Kinsey began his study. (Ay, there&#39;s the rub, no pun intended: In order to get data for tables 31-34 Kinsey had to be either pseudoscientific or molest boys.)

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I actually did a bit more searching today and here&#39;s what I found: Kinsey&#39;s study used self-reporting&#33; Amoung three that were conducted by professionals who&#39;s staff measered, the erect penis came in at 5.1, 5.6 and 5.7. I don&#39;t know how to post links to sites, but would be glad to if someone will tell me how.

blar

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Oct 24 2004, 09:52 AM
I actually did a bit more searching today and here&#39;s what I found: Kinsey&#39;s study used self-reporting&#33; Amoung three that were conducted by professionals who&#39;s staff measered, the erect penis came in at 5.1, 5.6 and 5.7. I don&#39;t know how to post links to sites, but would be glad to if someone will tell me how.
[post=260999]Quoted post[/post]​

when you click on reply you will see a square button that says http:// click on that then insert the site press ok then it will ask you to insert name....just insert the site address again and thats it

Karen:
Originally posted by blar@Oct 23 2004, 05:18 AM

umm don&#39;t follow condom company "research" because well basically from what a friend told me..... she&#39;s a sexologist (or is it call sex therapist...whatever) a

Uuh, I covered the Agony Aunt view ;)

But seriously the 6.75" average is an internally used average at Durex.
They don&#39;t want their products to make guys feel small blar&#33;

Incidentally their small size, slimfits or whatever they are politely called are the ones sized as you quote.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Personally, having seen over 1000 hard dicks, I find that average absurdly high&#33; If the medical studies are all wrong and Durex is right, well I guess that answers itself.

the sac: Statisitcally speaking I learned 3 years ago in high school sex class that the national average for all men was 5.5 inches long by 3.5 inches around +or- .1. And from my experience on the football team, rugby team, and P.E. classes at an all guy school I have probably seen over 800 dicks in the showers and if flaccid demonstrates a similar growth pattern it is probably dead on.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Oct 26 2004, 02:43 AM
Personally, having seen over 1000 hard dicks, I find that average absurdly high&#33; If the medical studies are all wrong and Durex is right, well I guess that answers itself.
[post=261219]Quoted post[/post]​
Now, am I intimidated by a woman whose number of sexual partners eclipses mine by 1.67 orders of magnitude?

DadsAreUs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by Karen@Oct 22 2004, 10:57 PM
Hard to believe some of these averages.
In UK the Durex company work on an average of 6.75". Since they have no axe to grind other than making money, there seems no reason to dispute that.
6.5 to 7 seems about average in my experience as well, and my friends bear that out (well, the ones I talk to about that kind of thing&#33;)
I think there is a deal of massaging undersized men&#39;s egos in an Agony Aunt kind of way.
No need for that here thank goodness&#33;&#33;
[post=260797]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, the Durex study put the average penis at 5.9 inches, with Black men averaging slightly more than 1/2 inch above average and Asians about 1/2 inch below average. Native Americans, they say, measure slightly smaller than Asians. Whites and Hispanics came in at 5.9 inches erect. Just over 90% of men measure 6 3/4 or less, which is probably why that is the size the company makes condoms for.

Regarding the racial breakdown, I don&#39;t know that their study had a large enough sample of any of the groups other than caucasians. But these are the results they report.

Personally, I still don&#39;t see how I could get a fully hard boner with two nurses and a doctor waiting to measure me. The original Kinsey study, by the way, I believe used a flacid stretch method of determining legnth.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jonb+Oct 26 2004, 09:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Oct 26 2004, 09:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Oct 26 2004, 02:43 AM
Now, am I intimidated by a woman whose number of sexual partners eclipses mine by 1.67 orders of magnitude?
[post=261296]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Care to make it 1001? Silly boy, I said I SAW them not had sex with all of them&#33; A goodly number of these were during the time I was a massage therapist (please hold all jokes). Very few men can get through a massage without getting an erection, so I got to see quite a lot. I never required my clients to wear a towel, so they were just "out there". Does that put your mind at ease at all?

Also, when figuring the exact equation, you must allow for the differential of my sexually active years (nearly 30) as compared to yours (?), it&#39;s really not as bad as it sounds.

DadsAreUs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by jonb+Oct 26 2004, 09:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Oct 26 2004, 09:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Oct 26 2004, 02:43 AM
[post=261296]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
OK, jonb, help us out here. If x= your # of sexual partners and y=1000 and y eclipses x by 1.67 orders of magnitude, what does x equal?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Oct 27 2004, 01:53 AM
Care to make it 1001? Silly boy, I said I SAW them not had sex with all of them&#33; A goodly number of these were during the time I was a massage therapist (please hold all jokes). Very few men can get through a massage without getting an erection, so I got to see quite a lot. I never required my clients to wear a towel, so they were just "out there". Does that put your mind at ease at all?

Also, when figuring the exact equation, you must allow for the differential of my sexually active years (nearly 30) as compared to yours (?), it&#39;s really not as bad as it sounds.
[post=261363]Quoted post[/post]​
LOL You&#39;re right; few men can go through a massage without getting aroused. Especially from a woman with your, ah, talents. I guess eunuchs and to some extent gay men can go through without getting aroused.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I never gave a massage to a eunich, but plenty of gay men got boners&#33; I always started out on the back, so in the face down position, I suppose they could imagine whatever they wanted&#33; It was a rare occasion to flip a guy over and not see his erection, which I just found kind of endearing in a wierd sort of way. They felt vulnerable and I felt powerful, it was pretty cool. There are a few I remember to this day, and that was about 12 years ago.

Talents? Yeah, I got to the point where I could put a guy to sleep by just massaging his hands (which I would do if the guy was being an asshole, he&#39;d wake up and think he really had fun&#33;). I read a lot of books about where nerve endings are located and got into using music, scents and lighting to heighten the experience. Kind of a fun year.

mr.president: OMG blar is that you??? if so i have seen so many blars on the internet and all of them have turned out not to be the one i know :p i tried pming you but your inbox is full

on topic now funny thing about condom studies is that you will find a lot that are made up.......how do you know??? well if your getting the info from a website and it has penis enlargement adds then all the info on the site is made to make you buy pills

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
The Durex study is most definitely self-measured. So take an inch of the average.
Having clarified this: In a self-measured study, blacks are always going to have "larger" organs. I use quotations because this is obviously not true. Black culture is one of exaggeration and over-compensation. This is consitent with rap lyrics, "trash-talking" in basketball, etc. A couple of months ago, we talked on the LPSG how a significant percentage of famous rap artists claimed to have 9", 10".....67" penises in a recent VIBE article. Of course these men were lying.

I&#39;ve had numerous black girlfriends who said that black men were indeed not larger and cited the exact same reasons for the myth...namely, they&#39;re trying to live up to a stereotype. Whenever I&#39;m using a urinal next to a black man, I alway feel bad for him, because I know the odds are that my 6" flaccid penis is twice the size of his. I know that this man will not dare even take a peak, so as not to destroy his delusion.

The only people I know who perpetuate this myth (with the exception of black men themselves) are naive, sexually inexperienced non-black women who will never know the dissapointing truth because they would never share a bed with a black man to begin with----- I hope you see my harsh point...it&#39;s a fantasy and just that. People have this fantasy becaus they know the odds of it materializing are nill. If they allowed this to happen, there goes the fantasy. The mysterious and unknown sparks the imagination.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, we all know that no man would ever lie about his penis size and no woman would ever lie about her experience or abilities, right? LOL at this whole thread&#33; The reasons these stories are so absurd is ego, plain and simple.