Question(s) for gay (and straight) guys

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_RedDude, Sep 30, 2007.

1. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

This thread is NOT intended as a request for general medical information. That can be found elsewhere on the Web. I am interested in the sex life/relationship implications of this issue. References to medical facts are okay if they relate directly to the core topic of the thread, but not as the recitations of an STD pamplet.

Have any guys on this site ever contracted a genital wart or warts?

Also, do you think it's true that guys are very reluctant, in general, to discuss issues like this amongst themselves?

If you have never gotten this problem yourself, would you reject a sex/dating/relationship partner based on them having this problem? What if the problem hadn't really manifested itself (as active warts) in a few or more years? If it was just a hookup, if they didn't currently have an active outbreak but still got a wart or warts intermittently (say once or twice a year), would you decline sexual contact?

If you have ever gotten one or more warts, how did you react and deal with acquiring this problem (also known as HPV)?

How did having the problem affect your sex/dating/relationship life?
    (It seems like having it would cut down on the spontaneity/romance/fun of these things)

Did you feel an obligation to tell your partner(s)? How about if it was just a hookup and you didn't have any warts present?

If you did tell your partners, how did you handle it (under any circumstances, i.e. hookup, dating, relationship)?

How did your partners react/respond? Ever get any absolute rejections after revealing this?

I realize the issues and answers might be different if a guy has only female partners.

Thanks for responding. Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to respond in the public forum.

RB2

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    My current bf of 27 years had genital warts up his bum when we met.......we were very careful and I never caught them and his went away and never came back

3. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Do you guys now bareback with each other Industrialsize? (I'm not thinking of doing this, just curious, as you have been together a long time)

4. Industrialsize

Albums:
    yes we do.......or to be more exact, he barebacks me seeing I'm a total bottom

5. jacknthebstock

jacknthebstock New Member

I have never had them but have medical knowledge of the condition.
    Firstly yes it would be highly respectful to let your partner or sexual encounter mate know that you have them as they are extremely transferable. As to industrialsize's current boyfriend's condition disappearing , although it is not impossible that his immune system has fought them off, it is HIGHLY unlikely as the strain of warts are very resistant. It is more likely that they are in a dormant stage and can reoccur at anytime even many years lately. Important to know this, as you might not catch them in time, they are very small at the start. Treatment is very simple for men they generally catarize the warts and, then follow up treatments for inspection to see if there is a reoccurance.
    As for those in a heterosexual relationship it is that much more important to tell your female partner, as genital warts are know to have a high risk in cancer causing.
    Condoms only work if the penis is always cover for every sexual activity. Warts can be spread to the tounge and lips as well.
    Play safe all and see your physician in case.

6. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Dude, this thread was not started as a request for medical information, so save it. That can be easily found elsewhere on the Web.

I'm interested in the sex life/relationship implications of this condition, not in the recitations of some STD pamphlet.

7. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
  8. Industrialsize

Albums:
    To clarify, my B's warts did not just disappear, he went thru many many cautery proceures until they stop recurring

Draft saved Draft deleted