Question - Thread Deleted?

Ohiospeedo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In regards to the news today about a kid who committed suicide because his roommate had recorded him with another guy...There was a thread on here that is almost 99% similiar. Poster had said that he had caught the roommate recording him and another guy kissing, and then two days later, he had caught him again. The kid said that he was going to write a letter/complaint to the RA. This was a week ago, same time as in the article. I posted on this thread a few days ago and now I don't see it. Mods - Can you provide some clarity on this? I am just curious if these two were related.

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media
Can’t remember it.

There was a thread begun three weeks ago in which a member contemplated using a camera to catch his housemate jerking off. He had not actually tried it. There was no suggestion he would feed it to the internet. He just wanted to see his friend who was turning him on.

The member took some heat and got good advice against this little scheme. I trust he dropped the idea.

I read an account [maybe the MSNBC website] about a post in a different internet forum in which someone fitting the description of the student [Tyler] discussed having a roommate who filmed him.

The re-printed posts didn’t read desperate. I wonder what else evolved as this played out leading to his suicide. I’m sure we all wish we could have helped him.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
After reading about this awful turn of events earlier today I did make sure this wasn't in any way connected to LPSG, as an article mentioned an online adult forum where he asked for advice. After searching for a little while, there was a thread posted by a user asking for help with a roomate, but it was posted at the website JustUsBoys, not LPSG. The thread on JustUsBoys fits your description, however the thread has (sensibly) been removed from their site.

See this link from Gawker for more information.

Ohiospeedo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oops. You are correct flame boy. It was on JUB that I posted. Sorry about that.

Justusboys removed the thread from the forum because I think that they were going to check to see what they could do.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is so sad... there is way too much suicide these days, especially among the gay community... I would have thought over a decade later from when I was beginning to come to terms with my sexuality in jr high and high school that things would have changed by now, unfortunately they have not.

We should all do what we can to help..
one resource is the Trevor Project, a support hotline... as much as I think this is a great thing, I'll be thinking about new things that could possibly be done, as I know in this new digital age, many people are afraid to pick up the phone and just talk to a random stranger.
www.thetrevorproject.org

News article about it:
Is This Webcam Spying Victim Tyler Clementi's Last Call for Help?

The thread is still on there, its just been moved and locked..
college roommate spying..... - Page 2 - JustUsBoys.com Gay Community