Question to the showerers

lokican

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
don't know if this has ever come up for you guys but has anyone thought or acused you guys of having a large penis because you were sporting a semi-hardone when it was just naturally big soft?

I never had to take public showers but I would think that it might cross some people's minds, wouldn't it?

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah, lokican, what you point out is authentic and often the case, especially if the dude has practiced penis exercises over any period ot time. Jelqing and stretching will produce a permanently larger flaccid penis that often is more a shower than a grower. The flaccid takes on the looks of a semi in both length and girth. Are you thinking this might be a negative thing?

carolinacurious: I think what loki is asking is, 'Have you ever been acused of being hard or turned on (in a place that many guys might be embarrassed to be turned on) when in actuality you weren't turned on at all (or sporting a semi), just naturally large.'

Bananaman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh yeah! More times than I can count. When I was in high school I was teased constantly about having wood all the time, even though I didn't. You know how kids are, the more I denied it, the more they believed it. I finally learned to shrug it all off, but underneath, the embarassment was always there.

Since I've been an adult I've tried to ignore it all, but I still get comments and stares depending on what I'm wearing. That's the main reason I joined LPSG; to deal with my hang-ups about showing, public showers, the gym, etc. I guess I'm a slow learner (I'm almost 45), but I'm getting there.

Anyway, Loki, thanks for asking the question. You zeroed in on my main issue and gave me the chance to rant just a little.

B-man

blackwood

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Bananaman@Apr 26 2005, 08:08 PM
Oh yeah! More times than I can count. When I was in high school I was teased constantly about having wood all the time, even though I didn't. You know how kids are, the more I denied it, the more they believed it. I finally learned to shrug it all off, but underneath, the embarassment was always there.

Since I've been an adult I've tried to ignore it all, but I still get comments and stares depending on what I'm wearing. That's the main reason I joined LPSG; to deal with my hang-ups about showing, public showers, the gym, etc. I guess I'm a slow learner (I'm almost 45), but I'm getting there.

Anyway, Loki, thanks for asking the question. You zeroed in on my main issue and gave me the chance to rant just a little.

B-man
[post=305094]Quoted post[/post]​

B-man -

As a youngster and while in the service, there was alway at least one "juvenile" personality that would comment in some manner.(like in the shower: "Holy Fuck look at the dick on doc!",) as retribution, while shaving I have dropped my dick into the sink. Uhhh! un cool I know.

I did on occasion get caught off guard and was embarrassed, but the correct facial expression could lend to embarrassing the joker. Commissioned Officers were the most threatening in their "jokes" and comments always seeming suspicious of my sexuality.

blackwood

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
Yeah, my dorm at college has communal showers, and if you go work out at the rec center it's communal also. Most of what I get are the not-so-indiscreet looks from across the shower room (which ain't all that far away). A few guys on my dorm floor like to make the occasional comment and have had two guys at the rec center (in two semesters of going there) want to start something resembling a question/answer session. Heaven forbid that when I go to work out and shower I'm really....just going to work out and shower :)

Bananaman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Blackwood & brainzz, you guys both bring up some interesting points.
For starters, there does seem to be an assumption by some people that I'm showing off in the locker room or shower. I've had the occasional comment about "advertising", and once overheard a father say to his kid that he'd tell him about "those people" later. I actually laughed out loud at that one, as it was the father that had been staring, not the kid.
Another one was a gay guy who would stare at my dick any time he saw me, but never said anything. Finally, I walked over to him and asked if he wanted a closer look. He turned out to be a very nice guy who apologised for staring, but really wanted to know how I managed to always be half hard. I think he was disappointed when I told him I wasn't, but again, his perception was that I was somehow doing it on purpose. (Once we got past the fact that I'm not gay, we actually became friends. Funny how things work out.)
I do find it funny, though, that there seems to be a perception among some folks that if you're hung, you're gay. I don't really give a rat's patoot if someone wants to think so, but did I miss something? Where the heck did that come from? Must be the fundamentalist crowd, I guess.

OK, that's enough out of me for one post. (Trust me, that's a bunch for a hunt-and-peck typist.)

B-man

Vix

1st Like
Media
I get gawked at a lot. I try to avoid communal showers when possible. I don't know where they get the impression a flaccid dick is "semi" or showing off.

Vix

Bananaman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Vix-

Just for information's sake, I'll explain. (Speaking only for myself.)
I've always looked like I'm half erect or more when I'm as soft as I can get. It's just the way I'm made, and I'm not the only one by any stretch of the imagination.
The problem is in other people's perception. I suppose it's mostly out of ignorance, maybe somewhat out of jealousy, but it's persisted since I was a youngster (maybe 10 or 11 years old). Believe me when I tell you that I'd prefer to stay out of public locker rooms and showers, but be that as it may, I'm not going to let that situation keep me from doing what I want.
Oddly enough, it's the straight guys that make the snide remarks far more often than the gay ones. The gay guys are at least honest about it, and in fact, they're usually complimentary as opposed to nasty. I at least understand where they're coming from, and that's a far sight better than dealing with some damn self-righteous religious nut who's already decided he's got me all figured out.
OK, I'm starting to rant, so I'll shut up. Just remember that it's other peoples perceptions that we're dealing with here, not necessarily reality, so take it all with a grain of salt. (Something I'm slowly getting better at.)

B-man

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Bananaman@Apr 26 2005, 08:08 PM
[post=305094]Quoted post[/post]​
When I was in middle school and high school, I was teased all the time about having wood. In my case they were right. B)

jay

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that perhaps I was lucky to start puberty early...at least by 11. I got used to being noticed as that small kid with the big dick. Because of my bros and father, I learned to accept it...much like I accept that I have brown hair. It is one part of what defines me as a person.

At 11 I was still a child and recieved more nurturing than I would have a couple of years later. My psyche was not that of a fragile teen.

jay

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I've been accused of the semi before, even when I didn't even have a boner.

My own opinion on erections? Erections are cool, as long as you're not masturbating in public. Unless it's one of THOSE gyms.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I used to, and I stress used to work out in a gym where the better bulk of the members were beefers, specifically weightlifters/bodybuilders. And I was just some yutz in there on a piddly-ass little one year membership to remove my paunch. And yes, the shower area was a large open one, and subject to circumspect. Well, one time after a workout, I had no choice but to cleanse myself amongst two behemoths in adjoining showerheads nearby in there, and it got pretty damned tense. At first a friendly smile from one of them, then all of a sudden, I'm getting barked at accused of being aroused with them around, due to the fact that my endowment is rather hyper-trophied than their, and I almost didn't use this, but thinking about now--- shortcomings. Well, the owner shows up, askes what's going on, both stories get out, and in the end, a reprimand was issued to the paranoid guy.

It's almost amazing that some guys can't can't tell the difference between flaccidness and arousal states of male sexual organs.

Vix

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Bananaman@Apr 26 2005, 07:02 PM
Vix-

Just for information's sake, I'll explain. (Speaking only for myself.)
I've always looked like I'm half erect or more when I'm as soft as I can get. It's just the way I'm made, and I'm not the only one by any stretch of the imagination.
The problem is in other people's perception. I suppose it's mostly out of ignorance, maybe somewhat out of jealousy, but it's persisted since I was a youngster (maybe 10 or 11 years old). Believe me when I tell you that I'd prefer to stay out of public locker rooms and showers, but be that as it may, I'm not going to let that situation keep me from doing what I want.
Oddly enough, it's the straight guys that make the snide remarks far more often than the gay ones. The gay guys are at least honest about it, and in fact, they're usually complimentary as opposed to nasty. I at least understand where they're coming from, and that's a far sight better than dealing with some damn self-righteous religious nut who's already decided he's got me all figured out.
OK, I'm starting to rant, so I'll shut up. Just remember that it's other peoples perceptions that we're dealing with here, not necessarily reality, so take it all with a grain of salt. (Something I'm slowly getting better at.)

B-man
[post=305172]Quoted post[/post]​

I hear you. Just take it in stride and you'll be fine.

Vix

lokican

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Originally posted by carolinacurious@Apr 26 2005, 07:24 PM
I think what loki is asking is, 'Have you ever been acused of being hard or turned on (in a place that many guys might be embarrassed to be turned on) when in actuality you weren't turned on at all (or sporting a semi), just naturally large.'
[post=305076]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly what I meant, I'm sorry I'm not that good at expressing myself in text message, I'm more of a face to face person. I can't believe the great response sI'm getting at this question, it was just a random thought.

blackwood

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by lokican+Apr 27 2005, 03:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lokican &#064; Apr 27 2005, 03:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-carolinacurious@Apr 26 2005, 07:24 PM
I think what loki is asking is, &#39;Have you ever been acused of being hard or turned on (in a place that many guys might be embarrassed to be turned on) when in actuality you weren&#39;t turned on at all (or sporting a semi), just naturally large.&#39;
[post=305076]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly what I meant, I&#39;m sorry I&#39;m not that good at expressing myself if test message, I&#39;m more of a face to face person. I can&#39;t believe the great response sI&#39;m getting at this question, it was just a random thought.
[post=305231]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Perhaps a sign of changing times is the "confrontational boldness" of people today/cause in the past folks were more polite (than my view of today) and I think it is related directly to the personality of politics today.

Under generalized circumstances, people in the 1950s&#39;, 60s&#39; and 70s&#39; were much more private and reserved (again my observation) into sticking their noses into others business.

In closed circumstances, school, high school, college, military service, individuals were more likely to be exposed to "each other" than in the community in general. In literally all cases, you may be exposed as hung like a horse or always hard to those observers, only the first couple of times. Then "they" knew, if it really mattered, that "you" WERE hung. Likely within the groups, after the realization (oh&#33; it&#39;s big) few comments derogatory or complimentary were offered unless the persons were close to you.

The suspicious nature of society, emboldens those who are likely to possess the pushy, bossing personality into confronting anyone they (may not) like. Why??? Self-importance, and yet very little charactor themselves, "bring down/put down" is the game.

At my age and physical self I have been through "it" and while losing my "cool" occasionally, I have been able to deal with the attitude and attempts to demean.

Too long winded, Sorry........You need to appreciate and NOT label yourself.

Thanks, any comments??

blackwood

Pappy

Media
I have been accused of having a semi when I didn&#39;t and I have been accused of the old sock in the shorts trick too.

When I was in the military some of the black guys and all of the white guys in my company in boot camp thought I was sporting wood all the time. I finally proved to them it was completely flaccid by folding it in half.

While employed in State Government I was accused of the old sock trick. I went to a training session and the second day the main instructor made a comment about it (the old sock trick) to the entire group. No he didn&#39;t call names but, everyone knew who it was aimed at. The next morning when I came out of the shower, I made sure to be naked so my roommate could see that it was all me. Shortly after our first break the instructor apologized for his comment made the previous day. On our lunch break he sought me out and apologized to me personally. Needless to say I was very popular amongst the ladies untill they found out I preferred the guys, there were a couple of guys that turned out to be very happy, but that&#39;s another story in itself&#33;&#33;

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Pappy@Apr 27 2005, 06:34 AM
I have been accused of having a semi when I didn&#39;t and I have been accused of the old sock in the shorts trick . . .. Needless to say I was very popular amongst the ladies untill they found out I preferred the guys, there were a couple of guys that turned out to be very happy, but that&#39;s another story in itself&#33;&#33;
[post=305274]Quoted post[/post]​

This proverbial clift hanger would make a good read, Pappy, even under a different thread, if you find it appropriate. Our curiosity just won&#39;t get soft without further story telling. :rolleyes:

ravenously: Yes, I have been accused of being hard when I wasn&#39;t. I was getting out of the pool once when I was in middle school and my suit was pressed tight to my body. everyone thought I was hard, but I wasn&#39;t. I was angry that everyone thought my erections were that "small". lol. I hadn&#39;t yet realized that I was larger than most. That incident has effected the way I&#39;ve exited pools ever since.