Question.

L

ladukbi2820

So I've been with my bf 8 years he's 41 I'm 29... Well over a year now since we have any intercourse we just kiss he has very mild depression but blames that on not having any type of sex oral etc but I'm finding it really hard to not go out nd cheat I haven't I miss affection and sex I've spoke to him but he blames covid for not going doctors to get his sex drive back any help.

AnotherBigDick

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Any kind of mental health issue can throw off libido, and covid times are making depression and anxiety very much more present than before. Also, men don’t like to seek help so... it’s hard to tackle.

As someone else in the UK, I can tell you that friends with depression during the lockdown get help from doctors pretty quickly, in the form of trial medication, so it’s worth him having a phone appointment with the GP.

Also might be worth getting a medichecks testosterone/thyroid test, as sometimes depression can be simple low hormone levels.

as for how to convince the guy to seek help when he’s already acknowledging a problem, I’m not sure... other than to be supportive and problem solving?