Questionnaire about lube - circumcised men only please

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by zaadkameraad, Jan 27, 2011.

1. zaadkameraad

zaadkameraad New Member

Hi, I'm doing some research into natural, organic oils for their use in skin care products. I'm currently exploring the market for personal lubricants, but it's difficult to find good data. That's why a small questionnaire on this forum would help me a great deal.

Your response may help in the development of a new lube.

Please respond to this questionnaire only if you are circumcised. It will only take 5 minutes. Thank you.
    1. Do you use any lube at all? (If not, there's no need to continue with the next questions.)

2. If you use lube, do you use (A) a water-based lubricant, or (B) an oil-based lubricant?

3. In case you use a water-based lubricant, how much do you use on a yearly basis? As a reference point: a small bottle contains between 60 and 90ml (that is between 2 and 3 oz).

4. In case you use an oil-based lubricant, how much do you use on a yearly basis? As a reference point: a small bottle contains between 60 and 90ml (that is between 2 and 3 oz).

5. If you prefer water-based lubricants, then what is the main reason for this preference? (One reason suffices).

6. If you prefer oil-based lubricants, then what is the main reason for this preference? (One reason suffices).

7. Some water-based lubricants may cause infections and irritation (especially in women). Have you ever had any complaint in this regard?

8. Some oil-based lubricants may cause infections and irritation (especially in women). Have you ever had any complaint in this regard?

9. Have you ever seen a lubricant that is certified "organic"?

10. Have you ever used a spermicidal lubricant?

Thanks for your participation!

#1 zaadkameraad, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  2. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    well it took me a long time to learn to use lube for fucking
    I use water based lube
    wet is my favorite
    I still jack off dry but for fucking I have to use lube

3. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    1. Do you use any lube at all? (If not, there's no need to continue with the next questions.)

Sometimes when I masturbate. Rarely when I have sex.

2. If you use lube, do you use (A) a water-based lubricant, or (B) an oil-based lubricant?

I use a water base (for fleshlight) and a silicone base (for when I want to have sex in the shower)

3. In case you use a water-based lubricant, how much do you use on a yearly basis? As a reference point: a small bottle contains between 60 and 90ml (that is between 2 and 3 oz).

An 8oz bottle lasts a year.

4. In case you use an oil-based lubricant, how much do you use on a yearly basis? As a reference point: a small bottle contains between 60 and 90ml (that is between 2 and 3 oz).

I never use oil based lubricants.

5. If you prefer water-based lubricants, then what is the main reason for this preference? (One reason suffices).

It washes off easily.

6. If you prefer oil-based lubricants, then what is the main reason for this preference? (One reason suffices).

7. Some water-based lubricants may cause infections and irritation (especially in women). Have you ever had any complaint in this regard?

Nope.

8. Some oil-based lubricants may cause infections and irritation (especially in women). Have you ever had any complaint in this regard?

Nope

Nope

4. lapdog2001

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, I use Wet Platinum almost every time.

Silicone - so oil-based?

n/a

I think it is about a 4 oz bottle and it lasts about 1 year. I don't need a lot, just enough to comfortably enter her pussy.

n/a
    Once we tried Wet Platinum, we stopped using any others. I have almost never had to apply more once we've started, and it lasts and works as long as I do!

n/a
    She does get irritated sometimes, but my girth may have something to do with it.:wink:

nope

I stopped using anything with a spermicide once I read lots of bad things about them.

5. Seogra

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Yep

Water based

I go through about one small bottle a year, so 60ml?

-

Compatibility with toys and ease of clean up. Wont stain clothing or bedding as oils/oil based lubes have for me in the past.

-

Nope. I wasn't aware of this.

-

Nope

Yes, both on pre-lubricated condoms and seperately.

6. Ed69

Gold Member

Hope that helps!

7. borntobeking

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    1. Do you use any lube at all? Yes

2. If you use lube, do you use (A) a water-based lubricant, or (B) an oil-based lubricant? I use coconut oil so I suppose it is oil-based

3. In case you use a water-based lubricant, how much do you use on a yearly basis? As a reference point: a small bottle contains between 60 and 90ml (that is between 2 and 3 oz). n/a

4. In case you use an oil-based lubricant, how much do you use on a yearly basis? As a reference point: a small bottle contains between 60 and 90ml (that is between 2 and 3 oz). 12 - 16 oz.

5. If you prefer water-based lubricants, then what is the main reason for this preference? (One reason suffices). n/a

6. If you prefer oil-based lubricants, then what is the main reason for this preference? (One reason suffices). Viscosity

7. Some water-based lubricants may cause infections and irritation (especially in women). Have you ever had any complaint in this regard? n/a

8. Some oil-based lubricants may cause infections and irritation (especially in women). Have you ever had any complaint in this regard? No

9. Have you ever seen a lubricant that is certified "organic"? No

10. Have you ever used a spermicidal lubricant? No

8. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    look into coconut butter or oil for masturbation and tasty fun play. Not sure if it's compatible with latex, so I wouldn't use it for condom screwing.

9. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I did not take do the questionnaire because I use Eros silicone based lube. But to answer your questions briefly it has staying power and works with condoms.

10. zaadkameraad

zaadkameraad New Member

Hey, thanks a lot to all those who responded!

I'm bringing the topic a bit up again, because I could use a few more respondents. Anyone? You would be helping a great deal.

The questionnaire only takes 5 minutes.

Thanks!:smile:

11. MrHangman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't use lube. That took way less than five minutes. :)

12. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

1. Do you use any lube at all? (If not, there's no need to continue with the next questions.)Yes

2. If you use lube, do you use (A) a water-based lubricant, or (B) an oil-based lubricant? (A) plus silicone based

3. In case you use a water-based lubricant, how much do you use on a yearly basis? As a reference point: a small bottle contains between 60 and 90ml (that is between 2 and 3 oz). No idea really but a few tubes for sure.

5. If you prefer water-based lubricants, then what is the main reason for this preference? (One reason suffices). Because water based is better for condoms.

no complaints although I've tried "hot" lubes which were not pleasant for me at all

No

Yep on condoms only. Didn't like them.

13. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    I used to use Oh My! hemp water based lube which was good at the time, but now I use ID Millenium which is WAAAY better then the water based. Feels better, smoother and it feels silky not greasy. Best lube ive ever tried.

14. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've been fully circumcised for 2 years now. I bought myself a bottle of almond oil as a "coming out" even to celebrate the fact I was now unquestionably circumcised. I am not even halfway through the bottle after 2 years. I don't use it that often.

15. ggsitc

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes.

(a) with my FleshLight, (b) for masturbating

Depends on how much I use my FleshLight! :tongue:

I go through 2-3 13 oz. "tubs" of Vaseline in a year.

I do not prefer water-based lubes, only use it with the FleshLight because I have to.

Does not dry out no matter how long you are going at it.

I've never had a problem with either kind of lube.

See above. I have never had a problem with either type of lube for myself.

No.

No.

16. blackguy1

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    What ever happened to lotion.

Draft saved Draft deleted