questions about cock rings

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
found a suprisingly cheap place for them... Home Depot/Lowes... Look in the 'chain' department. Found a set of nice rings for my balls...about .80 each (and I am sure I would pay much much more at an 'adult' store...

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
try looking at a regular store, as apposed to an adult store; just don't call it a cockring, they frown on that.

I stumbled on this solution, quite by accident; I was at a goth store and saw some black leather wrist bands. I tried on a few different ones and none of them fit where they were supposed. The idea hit me when I noticed the girl and guy, behind the counter, checking out my already swelling crotch. It was one of those epiphytic moments, that is always followed by and evil :D . They might have misunderstood the grin, because they seemed to blush through their sunless, bloodless skin. I just asked them if they were sure these were all wristbands. They said, “yes.” I smirked, at them, said, “Maybe this one will fit elsewhere,” winked and handed it to them. They seemed to have difficultly working the cash register after that. Bafore I had even made it out the door, I heard here squeal, “You don’t think?!” To which he answered with a loud laugh.

BTW It fit perfectly; as have the ones since.

So, when I came across a bin of ball bearings and associated parts, at an auto parts store, I already knew what size I needed.

The wristbands and bearing collars are much less expensive than the cockrings at the adult stores and they are a higher quality. Plus the adult stores around Cleveland only have up to a 2-1/2” diameter.

Grit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got one at a hardware store -- 2 1/4". I had a time getting into it and then getting out was another issue. I have learned to get in and out much easier now. I have tried it out jacking off a couple of times. The additional sensations when hard are cool. I want to wear it for sex but I will have to get up the nerve to wear it on a date. Any advice?

D_Salmaine Sharpshlong

Just Browsing
Media
guys wear cock rings differently. some wear them behind the balls, others directly on the base of the cock. the base is great for sex, but not something you would wear around during the day.

as far as size, get a variety pact and try the different sizes and see what works for you.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
when I have worn them I like the leather with 'snaps' that way you can adjust as needed. Nothing worse than a metal cock ring getting 'too' tight at the wrong moment.
An added bonus to the leather strap- you can wrap your balls if needed, and can make some interesting combinations...

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just thought of another type of cock ring...it is a leather one with what they call a Ball-spreader...just like a regular cock ring but has an attachment that goes around the balls and lifts and separates....love the feeling.

SnazzyBear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ok question i have a metal cockring i just got but for some reason i can't get my balls in it cause they dont hang to low so in this case how the hell would i get it on i really like cockrings and i want to put this metal one on but i can't seem to get my balls in there cause they dont hang low and plus just thinking bout it makes me hard so im just having a hard time getting my metal cockring on:)confused: any help would be awesome guys thanks in advance.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have all kinds of cock rings- thin metal, massively heavy metal, rubber, neoprene, plastic and leather, both from overpriced sex shops as well as homemade or improvised.

While they all have their occasions, at one time my favorites came from the the pet store, for 2 or 3 dollars. I find I rather like nylon collars for small dogs, such as these:

lg_50369_4e265.jpg

Click Here for more info.

These don't have holes in the strap for the buckle. Rather, the buckle gets poked through the bradied strap, so it can be set to any exact size or tension I want. The strap is quite soft and comfortable. I buy the 10 inch length, which gives me just enough length to get it on, but not too much extra after it's in place (they come longer and shorter, too). After I'm buckled up, I take the extra bit and tuck it under the metal D-ring where the leash would normally attach. These also come in versions made from a stretchy material, but I prefer the ones that don't stretch. They don't last too long, but for $2 or so, they're still a bargain, and I like them.

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was wondering though how do you figure out the proper diameter to purchase? I only want it to keep me semi-hard and I'm thinking I could probably fill the 2" diameter but I'm not really sure.

I've got a question on cock ring sizes, so decided to resurrect this thread. Didn't see others with any answers.

I was surprised that my local leather store had cock rings only up to 2.25". I am only 5.75" thick, but my balls and dick barely fit through the 2.25. I've never measured my balls, but that must be the real issue with cock rings, getting your balls through them. If you are cold, your dick and skin can squeeze through with no problem. It's the balls that are the problem.

Do any other guys find 2.25" tight? If I am cold and shriveled I can force 2" on, but since I like metal, I know I couldn't get it off with a semi. But I know I am not at the upper range when it comes to thickness, so don't understand why the stores carry only up to 2.25. Latinoboy says there are 2.75" sizes available, but does anybody else wear that? Is 2.25" about the max that people on this site use, if they use metal?

Gay Joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wear a cock ring all the time. But not during sex (except a blow job once in awhile) or while I am sleeping. I wear a metal one by gear essencials. I like to wear the heavyest one I can find I like the weight and the look under my clothes. To find the right size is tricky because I do not like it to be to tight nor do I want it to fall off.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
As someone wrote earlier, Gear Essentials has premium metal cockrings and has a measuring guide. Most stores offer up to 2.25" diameter rings. [ circumfrence = PI * diameter . Most men don't have circumfrences greater than 6.5"].

In your case, how are you putting on the cockring in the proper order? Specifically, you should only put the ring on when you are completely flaccid and unstimulated - perhaps just after a shower. Some light lube can also help the process too. Take your scrotum and put one ball through the cock ring. Then, push the other nut through the ring so that both balls are hanging through the ring. Next, take your shaft and push it gently through the ring. Viola! Once it's on, you may just want to reposition slightly so that it's not pressed directly aginst the pelvis - that can sometime cause irritation.

Latinboy has links to a few videos demonstrating how to put on a cockring. Just do a LPSG site search on cockrings written by Latinboy.

I've got a question on cock ring sizes, so decided to resurrect this thread. Didn't see others with any answers.

I was surprised that my local leather store had cock rings only up to 2.25". I am only 5.75" thick, but my balls and dick barely fit through the 2.25. I've never measured my balls, but that must be the real issue with cock rings, getting your balls through them. If you are cold, your dick and skin can squeeze through with no problem. It's the balls that are the problem.

Do any other guys find 2.25" tight? If I am cold and shriveled I can force 2" on, but since I like metal, I know I couldn't get it off with a semi. But I know I am not at the upper range when it comes to thickness, so don't understand why the stores carry only up to 2.25. Latinoboy says there are 2.75" sizes available, but does anybody else wear that? Is 2.25" about the max that people on this site use, if they use metal?

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you mess with metal cock-rings, you should own a pair of metal cutters as well (the kind you cut locks with) for emergencies... metal is no joke!

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Metal cockrings are manageable if you are careful. As a general guildeline for begginers: select the right size, only wear the ring for a few hours at a time, and don't sleep with a ring on overnight (b/c of morning arousal). One's shaft and balls are a lot more flexible than one would initially think if you just take care and go easy when manipulating them. Cockrings just really force you to be aware of your states of arousal.

P.S. I often wear 2 at a time and 3 on rare occasions.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you mess with metal cock-rings, you should own a pair of metal cutters as well (the kind you cut locks with) for emergencies... metal is no joke!

I don't mess with the metal ones anymore. I do have a large metal cock ring and a leather cock ring. Both fit around my cock and balls. I don't wear the metal one as it is cumbersome.

My favorite one is a red silicone one. It fits around the base of my cock. It really makes me cock plump up. :smile:

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't wear the metal one as it is cumbersome.

The problem with metal ones is that they can only be put on while the cock is flexible... I get hard is the sun come out, can you imagine how fast I have to be to get a metal bearing collar on. Leather wristband s are so much easier to get on and off.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The problem with metal ones is that they can only be put on while the cock is flexible... I get hard is the sun come out, can you imagine how fast I have to be to get a metal bearing collar on. Leather wristband s are so much easier to get on and off.

Yeah, I know. The red silicone one (the one I own) is the best. It gets me very girthy. I don't wear the metal cock ring at all. If I need a big one to go around my cock and balls, I will purchase a silicone one.

Oh, I have also tried the jelly cock rings (the french tickler looking ones). Those split and/or deteriorate within a couple of weeks or a month. They have seams that easily split. (I didn't use an oil based lube.) I use WET Platinum.

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As someone wrote earlier, Gear Essentials has premium metal cockrings and has a measuring guide.

Great recommendation. The Gear Omega (which is a heavy stainless donut) is great. That only comes in 2 1/8", but for some reason donuts are easier to get on than the flat thicker rings (that come in 2.25). But both feel about the same, except for the weight of the donut, which is about a pound. The other posts are not kidding about metal cutters. If you try a tight one, you'd better have plenty of ice on hand to get it off.