Questions about uncut from a soon to be parent.

Hausnstuff

1st Like
Media
This is not a cut vs. uncut thread. Need some advice for a pre-parent!

My wife is in her 3rd trimester and our doctor wants to know if we will have our boy circumcised. I myself, am, like a lot of amurricans, but I'm feeling like it should be up to him, and I also wish I hadn't been (and if I hadn’t been cut, I'd probably wished I had...that's just me sometimes). The Doctor has 3 sons and her last 2 did not have it done. My wife explained she thinks it’s better looking and also wants to protect him from the whole sexual partner/locker room type situations. The Doctor offered up a little bit of warning concerning cleaning and said that, we as parents will need to be on top of making sure the dangley bits are cleaned often all the way up until age 5.

So to the un-cut people… Was this an issue for your parents growing up? Any parents in here that can give me some advice on what to expect? I was all about “ending the barbarism that is circumcision”, until I found out I might have to expend extra effort cleaning the boy’s man parts (I know… father of the year in the making)

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
oh dude, your kid will out of college before you can a definitive answer to this question.

my own 2 cents... with the rise of antibiotic resistant hospital acquired infections, like MRSA, Staph, and such; i wouldn't be inclined to expose my child to elective surgery for cosmetic reasons. i also happen to agree that lil man should be able to make the choice for himself.

eta:
The Doctor offered up a little bit of warning concerning cleaning and said that, we as parents will need to be on top of making sure the dangley bits are cleaned often all the way up until age 5.

So to the un-cut people… Was this an issue for your parents growing up? Any parents in here that can give me some advice on what to expect? I was all about “ending the barbarism that is circumcision”, until I found out I might have to expend extra effort cleaning the boy’s man parts (I know… father of the year in the making)

this part is not true. babies with a intact tallywacker need less cleaning than cut babies. the foreskin is sealed to the glans, something like the way your fingernails are attached to your nail bed*. retraction will happen naturally as the lil dude grows up. until then there is no reason to clean under his foreskin. any debris under the foreskin will work it's way out gradually, in the form of tiny pearls. in fact forced retraction can cause scarring and damage to the glans.

all you'll need to do is tell ya lil guy is soap goes with water. no more involved or complicated than cleaning his ears or teaching him to brush his teeth.

cut babies don't have the natural protection against infection or irritation. UTI rates, urethral scarring and bladder infections are more common in cut babies.

no clue why your doctor provided misinformation to help you make a choice :confused:

last eta... promise.

the shower/sexual partners thing... the circ rates in the US are dropping radically every year. what is the standard now will not be the same when Jr reaches sexual maturity.

Last edited:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, cleaning isn't really a big issue. It's a simple wash and that's it. I don't see why it would be too much of a problem as you'll need to bathe your child anyway. As an uncircumcised man and believer in people making their own decisions, I'm in favour of leaving the penis alone. I don't remember my parents making a special point of washing down there to be honest, but perhaps I've just forgotten. As an adult, I can assure you that as long as general hygiene is maintained - everything's good down there. Hope this helps in some way.

Charles Finn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
as a 44 yo that is still unhappy I got snipped at birth please let him decide what to do with HIS penis if you leave him intact he can get snipped when he is old enough to decide

ges

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It seems that most of us need something to be resentful about - go ahead, give him that 'something' as well!
I had myself done at eighteenand and am SO glad I did. Wish it had been done at birth.

cityboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No one had the right cut off part of my body without my informed consent and for no good reason. It's his body, he should be allowed his birthright and then to decide for himself.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Unless there is REAL medical need, leave it up to the boy to choose later in life (When competent enough to decide for himself), if he wants to be cut or not.

This way, you are covered both ends.

DavidXL

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am cut, my sons are not. I was adamantly in favor of circumcision, primarily for cosmetic and hygenic reasons. As the time got closer and the question approached reality and was almost no longer theoretical, I decided to research it some more. One of the articles that helped me change my mind is this one: Mothering: The Case Against Circumcision

I did a 180 on this and went from very much in favor of circumcision to very much against it. Once I learned more about it, I just couldn't do that to them. If they want it done later on, I'll pay for it once they turn 18. But, I just didn't think I had the right to make the decision for someone else. I don't regret it at all, and they look completely normal to me.

In terms of care, there really is none. As that article says, "
"The natural penis requires no special care. A child's foreskin, like his eyelids, is self-cleansing. Forcibly retracting a baby's foreskin can lead to irritation and infection. The best way to care for a child's intact penis is to leave it alone."

Good luck to you and your son - and I sincerely hope you leave hiim intact!

D_Ernest Porknine

Experimental Member
Media
I have often wondered how much does it hurt to have it done? When you're a baby you can't tell anyone it hurt and you can't remember what it felt like when you're old enough to talk. Now when you're old enough to make that decision doesn't it hurt or take awhile to heal? I truly have no idea.