Questions about uncut from a soon to be parent.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So to the un-cut people… Was this an issue for your parents growing up?

No. I don't know where these people are getting this crazy advice, but there's no reason to clean under foreskin until it starts retracting on its own.

I was all about “ending the barbarism that is circumcision”, until I found out I might have to expend extra effort cleaning the boy’s man parts (I know… father of the year in the making)

There is absolutely no reason why you should have to clean under your kid's foreskin. You would actually be harming your kid if you tried to do so.

If you're worried at all about cleanliness, don't be. When your boy's old enough that his foreskin becomes retractable he'll have more than enough fun cleaning it himself. It's basically the best part of showering.

JonathanQ

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Remind the unborn's mother that by the time he's old enough to care, if he's cut, he'll be in the minority in America and all the intact boys in the locker room will wonder why his parents had part of his tallywacker cut off and why it looks so weird.

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm cut (and wish I hadn't been). I have two sons, ages 5 & 8, and neither of them is cut.

We've had 0 problems with it. We have had issues with a few tumbles out of bed, a couple tumbles down steps, a lego stuck up one's nose, cuts, scrapes, etc.

But no foreskin problems (the chances of having an issue are so remote compared to the kind of stuff you will be dealing with it's silly).

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There is absolutely no reason why you should have to clean under your kid's foreskin. You would actually be harming your kid if you tried to do so.

I'll echo this remark, btw.

We were instructed not to try and retract their foreskins for cleaning as infants because you can injure them. They keep themselves clean naturally and just regular bathing is sufficient.

blakobra8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
extra effort? if you can maintain a clean circumcised penis, you can maintain an uncut one. I can only speak for myself, but I'm very glad that I was not cut.

kinda_hung

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I have 2 boys. Our first boy was cut. My wife wanted him cut and was being unreasonable and had it done when I wasn't there. She knew I didn't want it done. But she was young and dumb then.

Our other son is uncut. He's 3.5 yrs old. We've never touched it or had any problems. My wife asked me the other day if we should start cleaning inside of it. I told her hell no! Leave him alone. He will retract it when it needs to be done. I'm glad he's left alone.

And I'm into the process of restoring my foreskin. It's coming along well. I was cut very tight and erections hurt!

D_Fred_Fisterbottom

Account Disabled
Media
I'm intact and am very glad, the link to the story above pretty much says it
All. Number 1, it should be his choice to make when he is an adult. Number 2, Google Images of circumcisions gone bad, if that does not make up your mind nothing will.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The present medical trend in the US hospitals is to NOT routinely circumcise the male child, unless there is a prevailing medical reason to do so. Usually, informed written consent from both parents, if present, are required. Discuss it with your wife, and if you have strong feelings one way or the other, make an informed, rational decision based on facts and you and your child's best interests. If you leave him intact, discuss with the doctor when the appropriate times to retract the foreskin are. Teach your son from an early age to practice proper hygene. If you do it early enough, it will be natural for him, and not something "weird" for either of you. The main reasons circumcision became routine after WWII in the US was due to armed forces doctors seeing many infections and problems due to improper hygene. If things are kept clean, then there is no real medical reason for routine circumcision. Dicuss the possibility with your wife that there may be a medical reason for your son to be circumcised that comes about after he is born, and what that means to both of you. Your son will get through life with or without his foreskin, and he may develop a preference later in life to be different from what he is. People will debate this forever so all you can do is think about it, then discuss it, and follow your hearts. Good luck, and I hope he is born healthy and happy and full of life!

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
There are no appropriate times to retract his foreskin. If you do it prematurely, it will cause damage.
Since retraction on its own can come anytime from birth to puberty or later, it's best to let him do it himself.

Kenyth

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Leave it alone! There is a purpose why we were born with a foreskin, foreskin have so many functions, I couldn't be bothered listing them all here. I get so angry about ignorant mother's, cut fathers, female doctors & cut male doctors who doesn't have a clue about the importance of foreskin and just decides for the young child to have his foreskin cut without his consent.

It should be made illegal. Mother's who circumcised their child should get circumcise themselves as penalty. Likewise father's who circumcised their child should get circumcise themselves as penalty or if they are already circumcised, they should get part of the penis glad chopped off. Doctors who perform non-medical circumcision odd to get their hands chopped off.

Religious or not, it is the most barbaric & inhumane practice still exist in the modern world. Ban it!

XSILVER

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think they mental approach you are taking is amazing. you seem to be one of a kind here. Its no different than washing behind your ears in the shower. Avoid the clippers at all costs and let your child make his own decision when and if the times comes. Congratulations on the birth of your son.

Don't do it, I still resent the thoughtlessness of my parents for cutting me.

Knowing my parents, they didn't even give it a second thought. Refreshing to see you actually weighing the pros and cons.

My stance is this: Uncut until legal age, then the person can chop off whatever they want. If your kid wants to chop his nose off at 18, let him do it. Don't chop anything off for him.

ulduck

Just Browsing
Media
Get it done. I wasnt until 8 years ago. I wish so much that my parents had taken care of it so I didnt have to go threw that as an adult. After I had it done, it even made me wish even more that they had done it when I was a baby cause it is so much of an improvement. I had my son done because I felt after experiencing both sides, I knew which was best. Also the rates may be lowering in some areas but in the area of the US I live in the rates are in the upper 90% range. And to all these guys who regret that they were done, trust me you are not missing a thing. You should go hug your parents and thank them for looking out for your best intrest!

Hi there.
One of my friend is a urologist. He says it is healtier to be circumcised. even if you don't have any problems when you are young, it is possible that you could get infections and health problems after sixties. And lots of young uncircumcised young people having problems get circumcised.
I am not cut but my son.